I just wanted to share this

I used to be one of those people who thought the Charismatic movement, spiritual healing, being prayed over, tongues and resting in the spirit were, well, just not Catholic and sometimes not even real. But that was until tonight. Our parish is having a Parish mission this week titled “The Healing Presence of the Holy Spirit” that is being done by a visiting priest from the Fathers of Mercy in KY. I was skeptical on the first night in that I wasn’t so sure about this but tonight we had our first session where people were prayed over (not in tongues, even though one person did speak in tongues and I believe that someone did interpret). Anyway, each session begins with exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and then a homily and then we had the praying. I could not believe the power that was felt tonight. Almost each person there went up and the priest prayed over them quietly. Several rested in the spirit and several, including myself, were just overcome with tears of joy and healing that we just sobbed. You truly felt the power of the Holy Spirit there and being there infront of the Blessed Sacrament just made the experience so much more powerful. I just wanted to share that with you all. I had been needing something to help me spiritually as I have recently felt my faith slipping away and this did it. It was just so wonderful I can’t find the words. We are not a charismatic parish and most are very traditional Catholics but our parish needed this week for many many reasons and I believe that it has helped tremendously. Please don’t turn this into a debate thread as I just wanted to share my experience of such joy. Please keep my parish in your prayers as our week of healing and as we continue to heal from things that happened in our past.

Thank you for sharing, AngelRose81.

That was similar to how I started to change my life when I went to attend a Charismatic seminar. Although I am not comfortable with praying in tongue, but I must say that by the grace of God, I am changing from within.

God bless.

PS: I received the gift of praying in tongue - that’s what people call it, but I prayed to God to give me something ordinary because the gift of tongue is something very confusing to me. Thanks to God, I am in love with the Mass, the rosary, and other devotions.

I don’t believe I have the gift of speaking in tongues either but the visiting priest said tonight that an often overlooked gift is that of tears and I do believe I have that one!:slight_smile: He said that tears are the cleansing of the soul and believe me I shed lots of tears, more for others than myself now that I think of it. Tonight, when I would see some one go up that I knew personally or that I happend to know was having a lot of trouble in their life I just started crying all over again and praying for them. I don’t think I have ever felt such an outpouring of love in a church as I did tonight whether it be Catholic or Protestant. The Holy Spirit was there in my parish tonight and every person there, I believe, was full of love if even only for a moment

About tears - yes, that first time attending the seminar, I was in tears when praying. I had never cried like that before and ever since. The moment before I cried, I was praying for the lepers whom my non-profit organization was helping and the image of Jesus was inside the lepers on my mind that moved me.

That’s cool. Where are you in Tennessee?

What about you? Do you feel like you’ve healed any?

I just remember a prayer request that you posted a few weeks ago…just letting you know that I am praying for you.

Jackson

Yes, I do. Its almost as if I’m a totally new person! The last night of the mission is tonight with Mass and I’m sad to see its over. Last night many more peopel were healed and there has been confession available all week from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and then after the services from about 9:00 pm - until and it has been packed each time according to the visiting priest. I think this mission has done our entire parish wonders!

Hey Saint Mary’s In Jackson TN. I used to go there! Fantastic and good for you! Thanks for sharing. Tell everyone I said Hi.

There are no words of explanation until the outpouring of the Holy Spirit is experienced. Even then words fall short. What we have learned and believed becomes real, a matter of the heart and not merely an assent of the mind. God is truly awesome.

Angel Rose, thanks for your sharing. It is awesome. I have had couple of similiar experiences years ago. The power of the Holy Spirit is truly marvelous. After such encounter, your walk with the Lord will never be the same.

God bless!

Cool!:thumbsup: Its a wonderful parish and I just love everyone!

Gift of tears. Now I have a name for it. Thanks. In my everyday life I’ve heard people say I’m cold and hard. Very independent and blunt. But I weep during prayer all the time even when I don’t want to. I keep saying to myself “stop crying why are you crying” I just starting attending mass in April and I weep during the consecration for 5 months and I went to daily mass often (again with the weeping)

Tears=Pearls from heaven.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.