I know i already asked about lent but

Yeah i am aware i asked about lent already but next question is about other part of where i readed serval forum about how lent is not included in sunday and this is what confuses me actually

so we just absent from enything we decided and then on sunday we are alowed to eat what we asbent like candy chocolate what ever you decided to or its its something diffrend could you explain to me a little better how this works?

Please try to be detailed with me because i hardly get things when is to short

Rules of Lent: Right or wrong

Depending on your country, We have several Feast days , and every Sunday , during lent. On these days we are able to temporarily stop our penance if we wish. On Sundays we celebrate and rejoice in the worship of God and the resurrection. On Feast Days, we celebrate the lives of those great saints.
St Joseph Feast day is Tuesday , 19 March.
St Patrick Feast Day is 17 March, a Sunday. Sunday takes precedence. It is a custom for some Parishes to hold a meal on the Saturday night,

There are also three ember days next week, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. On these days , traditionally, the Catholic observed fasting, penance and almsgiving.

My understanding is that the Sundays during lent are not classed as part of the 40 days and that often people do ‘cheat’ - for want of a better word - but it’s better not to. :blush:

It is not cheating, to Feast with a great saint like St Joseph, or St Patrick.

There are no rules. These are personal devotions.

Some people abstain from whatever they’ve given up for all of Lent. Some people don’t abstain on Sundays.

It is entirely up to you.

When I was looking into the same question a while back online references were made to some folks taking the opportunity for ‘cheat days’ on the Sundays and Feast Days during Lent hence I paraphrased the term.
I agree they are both great saints but I will still try not to break my personal fast whilst still marking the Feasts. :slight_smile:

It is a tradition in some religious institutions to eat frugally year round, except for a Feast day’s and Sunday’s.

Interesting does this mean i can eat cake or pancakes with nutella etc in sunday of course sometimes like to make cake on that day so that s why i asked this so i am alowed to eat it? of course sundays

Do you eat something you absent from on sunday?

Does this mean that you dont eat what you absent from even on sundays?

I don’t, no. But I wouldn’t think any less of anyone who did. :slight_smile:

You can if you want to. Or you can continue to abstain or do whatever Lenten penance you decided on. These are personal devotions, they are not required by the church and there are no rules

Is it cheating if i eat what i abstain from on sunday and is it a bad thing that s just all i need to know?

I don’t see anything “bad” about it as long as you don’t go crazy with gluttony.

You know to just eat here and there but just sunday since thats only day to alowed correct?
or to eat pan cakes with it

Dude, you are WAY overthinking this whole eating thing. It’s Sunday. Eat what you want

God bless you

How many ways and how many times can we all say: this is a personal devotion and there are no rules. You can DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

As 1ke said, it is a personal devotion.

That means that YOU make the rules. If you want to break your fast, do so. If you feel that you want to continue it, continue it.

As a kid, growing up, we didn’t break it. Now, we tend to break it.

Lent used to be tougher than it is now. It used to be that Catholics didn’t go off their Lenten fast even on Sundays. Now, Roman Catholics are allowed to take Sundays off because that is the day of Our Lord’s Resurrection.

So yes, it is okay to eat the food you gave up for Lent. But only on Sunday. Monday, you must go back to not eating the food you gave up.

However, you live in another country. Croatia? Therefore, you need to learn what is permissible where you live and not go by what is allowed for Roman Catholics. If you’re Orthodox Catholic, the rules may be different.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.