I know i already asked about lent but

Sorry for late reply i found site where its called Croatian catholic network it says this what priest say there

It is the time of fasting, prayer, and good works. It is certain that we do not need it and we can not do it on Sundays, Sunday is beyond the 40-day flow that brings us to the Holy Passover three days, the three days of Jesus’ death, suffering, and resurrection. The same is true for the feast of St. Francis. Josip of Blessing in Corinthian time, that no date is given. Days are all other days of Lent, which are not Sundays or Feasts. Sunday is always a small Easter, even in Corinthian times, and reminds us of Jesus’ resurrection. In the rosary prayer, this is a celebrated day, a day of glorious mysteries, and no posture and supplication.

Penitential practices are normally lifted for a solemnity (and Sunday is a solemnity).

Latin Canon Law

Can. 1251 Abstinence from meat, or from some other food as determined by the Episcopal Conference, is to be observed on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday. Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

There is a historical reason for people’s doubts about the Sundays in Lent. When the forty-day Lenten fast was first introduced, either at the Council of Nicea or (more likely) a few years afterward, the duration was exactly forty days, beginning on Quadragesima Sunday and ending on Holy Thursday. At a later date, the Church added four more days at the beginning of Lent, so that it then started on Ash Wednesday. Thus the total duration, instead of forty days, was now extended to forty-four days. That was when people started wondering whether they could legitimately leave out the Sundays, bringing the total down to forty days again, but of course, that didn’t work, because there are six Sundays in Lent, not four. That’s how the confusion arose in the first place. After all these centuries, the upshot is that there is no simple answer to the question of the Sundays in Lent, to fast or not to fast.

Even tho we can feast on Sundays during Lent, I choose not to because it’s harder returning to the Lenten fast the next day. So for me, it’s all or nothing. I either stick to it for the duration or I fall off the wagon defeated by temptation. I choose not to give in to defeat.

I understand but i feel that for like a week learned to control my self even withoud 40 days also guess what withoud prayer its not much possible but with prayer everything becomes possible my freind n_n

closed #26

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.