I learned something this week

All my life I’ve heard the phrase “Prayer changes things.” I know it’s true, but sometimes what gets changed isn’t what you expect. This week I asked for, and received, prayer for a work situation. Prayers came in abundance. When I got to work, the bad things were still there, perhaps even worse than expected. But something else changed - me. My perspective, and judgement were different. Much good came out of an ongoing majorly bad problem, which is now resolved, and as an added bonus, a woman I work with, a fallen-away Catholic who hadn’t been to Mass in years, asked if she and her grandchildren could go to Mass with me last night - and they all did.
I have a poster in my house that says, "Sometimes God calms the storm, but sometimes He lets the storm rage, and calms His child."
As always, thank you all so much for the prayer support, and thanks be to God.

Martha I was thinking of you about 20 minutes ago, and am delighted to read your new post.
I thank You Lord for Your loving kindness and grace to Martha. I’m delighted that You have blessed her in this wonderful way! I love You Lord!

Martha, I hug you!!!

Martha, I loved reading your post! That’s exactly how our Lord works.:slight_smile:

Praise the LORD, who is so good; God’s love endures forever! Psalm 136

That’s wonderful to hear!

I completely agree. I’ve always felt that Gods greatest gift to us was not that He would strike down anything that ails us but that He would be the strength that allows us to overcome anything.

It is always good to read something that reminds you that God does not always do things the way you expect him to do but He is paying attention. I also like the saying on your poster.

Wonderful.

Praising God for your gift, and thanks for sharing.

Wonderful :slight_smile:

Very nice! Thanks for posting. One of the themes that has been coming up over and over for me this Lent is, really listening to God and how he is actively working in you life.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Though the storms may rage, and the disquiet of chaos fill the air, when one prays to the Lord, He is always there.
May you have many peace filled days, and your works prosper.:slight_smile:
Mary1173

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
World without end.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.