It was my parish’s first LifeTeen Mass. What a disaster. Heres what I remember:
- Priest used different words in the opening. He said something like “let us welcome each other” or something.
- When the congregation was shaking hands at the welcoming the LifeTeen choir played a verse of “All are Welcome”
- Between the Gospel and Homliy the choir played an Alleluia song
- The Our Father was sung at an extremely different pace than the norm, all while in the Orans posture
- The Great Amen after the Doxology was sung by the choir
- EVERY SONG had a snare drum that was EXTREMELY loud (I believe that violates Musicam Sacram? pardon the spelling)
- When the priest kneeled at the altar after he consecrated the bread and wine the choir bowed at the waist, like Japanese people (they bowed twice).
- Instruments used by the choir were a snare drum, cymbals attached to the drum, cowbell, and piano
- The priest said something to the LifeTeen members before dismissal and they responded
- When the priest was doing the Communion Rite, he said “Jesus gave the bread to His friends and said…”. I thought it was disciples, not friends. Am I wrong?
I’m sure I’m missing something here. Ask for details and I’ll probably remember.
Were there any liturgical abuses committed?