I need a book...

Hello there, i would like to start reading finally, so after hard semester of studying i want to be more wise and control myself, so, is there is anybody that can recommend me a book from my needs? Okay then, listen:

• I love Late Middle-age, history, politics, HRE, Papal State, France, Spain, Italy, i am all about it and love it!
  • I want this book to defend my faith but i dont want an christian book, is that can be?
  • I want really classic late middle-age (or early Renaissance) book from XIV, XV, XVI, XVII centuries, but it should be popular and golden, i mean, just classic and on of the best

so what can i read? thanks

With those requirements?

Dante’s Divine Comedy
Chaucer’s Canturbury Tales.

I read a very informative book called “The Portable Medieval Reader”. There are over 100 short (2-10 pages) essays written during the middle ages by all sorts of diverse people: Clerics, poets, state officials, historians, ordinary people. Lots of essays on the Church. Very, very informative and interesting. amazon.com/Portable-Medieval-Reader-Library/dp/0140150463/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1418871472&sr=1-1&keywords=the+portable+medieval+reader

Thanks, will try Dante fo sho

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.