I need a conversion of the heart

I have just realized that I am not serious about my relationship with God. The only reason that I go to Mass and confession is because I am afraid of Hell. I need a conversion of the heart. I want to live the sinful lifestyle because I find it to be fun. Any help and advice and prayers would be greatly appreciated. Please pray for me! :frowning:

Hi Holly… I was very much like you, in the sense that i prayed or went for Mass because i was brought up that way and i feared the punishment of hell, But that changed when i experienced Jesus’ love for me at a charismatic retreat. My whole life changed as i felt His love in my heart. He changed me and now i avoid sin because i love Jesus & know that when i sin i hurt Him & i pray to love Him more. So i guess you need to ask Jesus to help you fall in love with Him. See if you can find a LIfe in the Spirit Seminar or retreat. You can read my testimony in the link below. Praying for you. God bless.

You know, I didn’t realize that I was hurting Jesus by doing what I am doing. That really helps. Thank you so much. :slight_smile: I still need prayers though. :frowning:

Do what under your wings suggests, Iand one more thing - if you are seeking a conversion of heart, that means that it is God himself who is looking for you and wants to have you closer to Him. It is always His initiative. Like John of Cross said, whenver we are seeking God, it is Him who is really looking for us.

I agree with you Danuska. And I will do what he/she said. :slight_smile:

To convert it is not necessary to go anywhere or do special things. Simply open your heart to the Holy Spirit, and if you feel like you can’t do this, ask Him to give you the grace to open your heart. But do not spurn the grace; yet even if you should do so, never despair - simply ask for forgiveness and ask for the grace again. God eagerly wants to give it to you, He eagerly wants to give you the gift of His Mercy - so accept it and give Him thanks.

The same goes for love. Simply think of Jesus’ sorrowful Passion. He suffered and died for you out of Infinite Love and Mercy - even before you were born, even before you were His friend. There is no greater proof of His Love. Contemplate Jesus’ Passion, or, if this is not possible, read the Passion accounts in the gospel. But even if this is not possible, than take your crucifix and kiss Jesus dearly.

I’ll pray for you, Holly.

Thank you NickName for your help and advice and for your prayers. It is helpful. :slight_smile:

+JMJTJ+

Daily prayer, frequent confession, and reception of the Holy Eucharist is the only way to ensure spiritual growth.

When you fill your mind and heart with the things of the Lord, all that is not of Him will be cleansed from you.

The more you seek Him, the more He will come to you and fill the void that you seek to fill with other things.

Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

Prayers for your intentions…May Our Lord continue to bless you with His love and Mercy and Grace…

LORD Jesus
Guide Ur Daughter .

Praying for you!

Praying for the Holy Spirit to help increase your faith and love of God…

Unfortunately, I have no way to frequently receive the Eucharist. The parish in my town does not have daily Mass and it would take too much gas for me to go to Mass or a Communion Service outside of town. At most, I can receive the Eucharist three times a week.

May God hear your prayer, Holly and grant you happiness in peace of heart and soul.

Hi everyone. I am so torn. I want to please my best friend but I can’t do that if I am a conservative and orthodox Catholic. The reason is because he wants me to find some women for him who are willing to have sex with him. That and he wants to do other sinful activities that involve me. I can’t do those things if I am a conservative and orthodox Catholic. I wish that he would just convert to Catholicism so I didn’t have to worry about this stuff anymore and for his salvation of course. I just want to please him so much. I realize that I am probably committing the sin of idolatry and I know I need to go to confession but I am still torn. Please pray for me.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

You can try meditating on the Lord’s passion and death and think how much He loved us even to death to make you stop sinning. You can also think of the glory that awaits you in heaven if you do good here on earth. Imagine being with Jesus and Mother Mary and all the angels and the saints and being engulfed in so much light and love. You can also do volunteer work especially with the poor and think how much God loves these people you have the privilege of taking care of. You’re very lucky there are so many things you can still do. I can’t tell you how much I regret wasting years of not serving and loving God the way I should have. I knew I loved God but I just kept on sinning although I also kept my Catholic duties. I have repented but am suffering terribly. I love Him and I want to be with Him for all eternity. I’m putting my trust in God’s infinite and unfathomable mercy.
I’ll pray for you.

Just an update everyone. I have been considering the benefits to living a Godly life and the consequences to living a sinful life and I can say with full confidence that I have chosen to follow God.

:yup:

:extrahappy:

You cannot in good conscience help your friend, otherwise you would be participating in the sin he wants to commit. Tell your friend this. If he dosen’t understand, than leave him - he obviously just wants to use you for his own benefit, not love you as a friend. Jesus is the Best Friend of your heart, and I don’t mean that in a “Jesus Buddy” type of way; I mean He will always love you, He will also symphathsize with you, He will always be there for you and talk to you and listen to you, He will always support you in your hard times and rejoice with you in your good times, and He will always make sure that you stay on the road to salvation - that narror and crooked road which few trek on - if you keep open to His Spirit and docile to His inspiriations. You will, like all of the saints, stumble and need to convert again after every fall into sin, but that is the beauty of the Catholic life: We fall but we get right back up and keep going - through God, with God, and in God. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.