I need a job! Please pray for me

:gopray2: Hi all,

I have used CA forums before for prayer requests, and I just want to thank all who have prayed for me in the past. I have come back with yet another request for prayers, and this time I desperately need to find a good fulltime job. I have discerned with the help of a spiritual director that I have a vocation to the state of Marriage, and I want so badly to propose to my girlfriend, but I need a stable job to do that.

I have been trying to apply for jobs but I have been shot down twice so far. However, the jobs I want to work require EXTENSIVE backgrounds which take up to almost a year at times, and I can’t rack up too many rejections because then that decreases my chances of ever working in the field. So, I desperately need prayers for direction to a good job, and if it is in God’s will, preferabbly in my field (please be in God’s will! :gopray2: )
I am getting discouraged…but I know with there’s hope. Thank you in advance for reading my post! God bless you!

Dear KaiTran:

Please stand in agreement:

Abba Father,

I come before you a woman not worthy of your mercy, nor your Grace, but you have unfailingly blessed me and loved me. I know that when two or more come together in your name, you hear our pleas and our cries. Lord, we ask that you grant favour to KaiTran’s request. Lord, help him to be guided to where you’d best place him for his future career, Lord. I ask that background checks be performed quickly and confidently and with favour to KaiTran. I ask that you bless him with patience and courage to press forward, ever searching Your will with his career choices. Upon interviewing, I ask, Lord that you Father, go before him, clearing the way. I ask that you have the Holy Spirit guide his words. I also ask him that you give him the wisdom of Solomon during these stressful times. As always, Lord, I patiently await your will in all matters, praying only that KaiTran is given the strength to accept and carry out whatever that might be, knowing all will be for his greater good.

I ask that you please keep reaffirming his vocation of marriage and that you solidify the relationship between he and his girlfriend as they walk towards this sacrament.

I thank you, Lord. I love you so much and am so sorry for the things I have done. Forgive me. Hear my plea. I ask this all in Your Most Precious Name, Jesus. Amen.

To Mary for all unemployed persons and persons seeking career changes:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God bless and good luck,
Holly

Praying for you (and my DH and all the unemployed) for employment.

Praying. Keep trying. :slight_smile:

God bless,
Ut

Praying to St. Joseph for you to find a job you will love!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I’ll be praying for you and your urgent need to find work in Mass and Communion today.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***
May good St Joseph intercede for your needs.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

thank you so much for your prayers! They are indeed appreciated…

I just found out why the second place didn’t hire me. Long story short, I am basically being punished for being too honest in my background. THey told me I could NEVER apply there again and get hired for the position I was going for, even though this incident happened a long long time ago. I guess this is just one of those cases where being too honest about stuff can hurt you…

On the bright side, I told one of the managers for that department, and i guess she sees that it is unfair too. She said that she was going to try to pull some strings for me. So please pray for that! I hope she can…if it is in the lord’s will. Thank you all again for your prayers!

Dear Kai - know that while I am in a similiar situation, I pray that your honesty will shine above past mistakes/ incidents!

Hail Mary, full of Grace
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you amongst women
And Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Dear Kai
Have no worries, St Joseph will assist you
**UNFAILING PETITION TO ST. JOSEPH **(from the 1897 Benziger prayerbook)
Holy St Joseph spouse of Mary be mindful of me, pray for me, watch over me. Guardian of the paradise of the new Adam provide for my temporal wants. Faithful guardian of the most precious of all treasures I beseech you to bring this matter to a happy end, if it be for the glory of God and the good of my soul. Amen
**THE PRAYER OF SAINT SIMON STOCK **(never known to fail)
O, beautiful Flower of Carmel, most fruitful vine, Splendour of
Heaven, holy and singular, Who brought forth the Son of God,
still ever remaining a Pure Virgin, assist me in this necessity. O,
Star of the Sea, help and protect me. Show me that Thou art my
Mother. O, Mary, conceived without sin, Pray for us who have
recourse to Thee. Mother and Ornament of Carmel, pray for
us. Virgin, Flower of Carmel, pray for us. Patroness of all who
wear the Scapular, pray for us. Hope of all who die wearing the
Scapular, pray for us. St. Joseph, Friend of the Sacred Heart,
pray for us. St. Joseph, Chaste Spouse of Mary, pray for us. St.
Joseph, our Patron, pray for us. O, Sweet Heart of Mary, be our
Salvation.
God bless
Derrick

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.