Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

In the last year I have lost 5 friends and family to cancer, 1 family member to a heart attack, one friend to suicide, another friend to murder and two family members to kidney failure. All but two were under 60, three under 50, the rest in their 50’s. Another has just been diagnosed as terminally ill (my sister-in-law), so 2014 is starting off just like 2013.

What I am saying is “I get it.” :slight_smile:

Even so, I would offer the idea that heaven and hell are perhaps states of being within ourselves, so the question might be what to do with this hell you are seeing around you? What do you think it all means? What do you think your miseries are showing you, what do they mean and what is their purpose? How do you think you will come out the other side of all of this? Where is it all leading you?

Hang in there,
Gary

To the Holy Archangel Who Strengthened Our Lord in His Agony

I salute thee, holy Angel who didst comfort my Jesus in His agony, and with thee I praise the most holy Trinity for having chosen thee from among all the holy Angels to comfort and
strengthen Him who is the comfort and strength of all that are in affliction. By the honor thou didst enjoy and by the obedience, humility and love wherewith thou didst assist the sacred Humanity of Jesus, my Savior, when He was fainting for very sorrow at seeing the sins of the world and especially my sins, I beseech thee to obtain for me perfect sorrow for my sins; deign to strengthen me in the afflictions that now overwhelm me, and in all the other trials, to which I shall be exposed henceforth and, in particular, when I find myself in my final agony.

Amen

Peace

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Are you seeing a counselor about this depression, individually and/or a marriage counselor to see if your relationship could be improved.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

You are in my prayers!

Lord, grant this petitioning child of God’s refreshing relief from the burdens and trials of these many crosses. We do not fully understand the mystery of suffering. Somehow, lead Missian through all these difficulties closer to your Sacred Heart, and offer holy joy to this soul. Cultivate in Missian’s heart also faith, hope, and love. Send angels to minister to this pleading child, that the darkness may not envelope, and that the pathway of truth ever be illuminated by a foretaste of heaven’s light. Have mercy, Lord. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Hail Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen

St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.*

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.

Praying for you

Praying for you. Give your burden to him.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Jesus)

Good Morning,

I just joined the Forum today and hadn’t intended on posting, but I wanted to offer you a word of encouragement.

I’m coming to the end (please God) of the hardest year of my life. My teenaged son has had terrible depression along with all the danger, anger and difficulty which comes along with it. I do not say this lightly; the past year almost broke me. It put terrible strain on my marriage. Similarly to you and your spouse, our problems became a chasm between us and it felt as though we were suddenly speaking different languages. I became hair-trigger emotional and my husband became curt, abrupt and impatient. We were both suffering, but showing our pain in different ways.

All I can tell you is to take each day’s challenges as they come. As Winston Churchill put it ‘When you are going through Hell; keep going’. I promise you that what you are going through will eventually pass.

In an ideal world, you might unburden your heart to your family but if they too are suffering, or simply lack the ability to help, you need to speak to someone. I found myself crying my eyes out in Confession one day to the Prior of our local Dominican church. He asked me to wait, got someone to cover his turn at saying Mass and returned to the confessional to help me. It was a shameful imposition but I so badly needed to cry out my anger and fear and - unreasonable as I surely sounded - he listened. This was his advice.

God doesn’t want nor need your duty prayers. He wants to know you in your heart. If your heart is broken, bring it to Him in its broken state. If you are angry; pour it out to Him. If you are ashamed, cool your burning cheeks with tears of repentance. Tell your heart; every dark and awful corner of it, to Him. Rail, cry, shout, pour your fury out! Be like the small child having a dreadful day who weeps his misery out sitting in his father’s lap and then allow yourself to be comforted.

If this sounds like nonsense; I don’t blame you. Had I not badly needed this advice and was on my knees with sorrow when I received it, I wouldn’t believe it either. I’ve always been a ‘ten Hail Mary’s’ kinda girl. But please, try it. Drive out somewhere in your car; pull the stopper off your fizzing bottle of emotions and pour it all out.

I have clicked the ‘accept mail’ button on my Forum membership form. I’m in Ireland; not sure where you are but if you need someone to talk to, I will listen. We can all only carry so much; put your burden down and have someone help you carry it.

Take care,

Jenny

I would refrain from doing anything that breaks the law.
Ill pray for you…
Look at the good things you got. Spen the time you have left with and let them know you love and care about them.
This too shall pass the lord has not abandoned you.
Sometimes its not much what we have or at least it seems that way. A relationship with God, Family and friends are worth more in weight than any other wealth or curency. You can loose money and wealth but you can’t lose love and you can’t loose family. Even when they have passed there still the people you love and nothing can take that away or the time you had with them because it remains in your heart.
Don’t know if what I said helped but just look at what Gods given you and take it one day at a time.

Praying for you. I am sure giving your wife a hug is very comforting. Things will get better. God bless you. Talk to a priest.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

This is what you need.
:thumbsup:

God bless you with a complete healing.

Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Jesus said, “Renounce yourself; pick up your cross daily and follow me.” You will soon see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am going through somewhat similar problems (although not as severe as yours) and I can empathize. I will be praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.