I Need a Spiritual Director

Hi everyone. I was wondering if you could please pray for the Holy Spirit to send me a new spiritual director. The one I had was not really gifted in the way of spiritual direction (not trained) and I often felt confused after talking to him. I have found a group of orthodox Catholic nuns in my diocese who, on their community website, say one of their apostolates is spiritual direction. One of my friends also recommended them to me a while ago, but I haven’t called them because I was worrying with my lack of employment, I would not be able to afford the gas to go over there since they are kind of far away. Now, something has come through and I don’t have to worry about gas, thank God! I plan to call the Sisters tomorrow and ask to talk to one of them (there are only 3 as this is a mission community). If it doesn’t work out, I plan to call the diocesan vocation director. I really need a spiritual director as I am getting rather serious with a community and I want to make sure I am being patient and not rushing my discernment. Thank you for your prayers! God bless! :thumbsup:

May the Lord continue to guide you with careful reading of the gospels and epistles, and the commandments of the Church, and in the graces and gifts God gives you. If anyone is required for further direction other than the Teachings of Jesus and the Holy Spirit in God's word, then may God provide. May God guide you in your discernment, by whatever means God chooses.
Wishing you the best!

Father in heaven, please send a spiritual director to DaughterOfMary6
May they teach here to know Your love
through Jesus the Shepherd
and through His Spirit.
May they teach her lift up that love,
and show it all over this land.
May they teach her to build love on justice
and justice on love.
May they teach her to believe mightily,
Hope joyfully, and Love Divinely.
Amen

Thank you both for your prayers. It is preferred by the religious community I am looking at that one have a spiritual director. In fact, when I spoke to the vocations director about my lack of spiritual direction, she pressed me to find a new director since one cannot do this alone. However, if God sees fit to guide me to religious life without a spiritual director, I trust the Holy Spirit will guide me in all ways. May the Spirit be my guide! :wink:

Praying for you to find the right spiritual director ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

After talking with my confessor today, I finally summoned the courage to contact the Sisters in my diocese. I am having difficulty getting a hold of them, though, as one of the numbers seems to be disconnected. I tried the other number, but no one answered (I believe they were at dinner). So, my last attempt was to write an email. Please pray that I can get in touch with them soon. It would be very helpful to talk to them soon since I am going on a vocation retreat with my prospective community in 11 days. :wink:

Could you all please pray for me to hear from the Sisters? I have not been able to get in contact with them yet. I know they are quite busy, so I am thinking of asking the vocations director for our diocese when I see him Thursday night during my Young Adult meeting. I am anxious to find someone to talk to. God bless! :D

You’ll be in my daily prayers. I pray you find the right spiritual director who is trained and very holy. Peace!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.