I need a St. Faustina quote for hospital reflection

Hello,

I will soon be providing a short reflection for our hospital internship group (Chaplain oriented). I’d like to read something from St. Faustina giving weight to the plight of those suffering in the hospital. Does anyone have something they can suggest?

We read a something short-ish (maybe a page of text), and then reflect on it. I figure St. Faustina could provide power reflection material.

Thanks!

Here are ten quotes from St. Faustina that I thought would be a good start. I don’t exactly know what type of quotes your looking for, e.g. Divine Mercy-based, or just quotes from her. simplecatholicliving.com/uncategorized/10-quotes-about-gods-mercy-from-st-faustinas-diary If you’re looking for more in depth quotes, or something different, feel free to let me know! :slight_smile:

If angels were capable of envy, they would envy us for two things: one is the receiving of Holy Communion, and the other is suffering. —Saint Faustina, Diary

Suffering is a great grace; through suffering the soul becomes like the Saviour; in suffering love becomes crystallised; the greater the suffering, the purer the love.
–St. Faustina

“Oh if only the suffering soul knew how it is loved by God, it would die of happiness! Some day we will know the value of suffering, but then we will no longer be able to suffer. The present moment is ours.”
― Saint Faustina

Thanks for the quotes. I am looking for quotes along the lines that ClearWater is providing. These are a way to help people make sense of their suffering. But, I could also see that the quotes discussing the Divine Mercy available to us all would also be appropriate for some of the patients we will be visiting.

Here is a website for Healthcare Professionals for Divine Mercy - probably some helpful stuff there! thedivinemercy.org/healthcare/ :wink:

You’ll find some from St. Faustina and others here:

whitelilyoftrinity.com/saints_quotes_suffering.html

Peace

My favorite: "If God sends such great suffering to a soul, he upholds it with an even greater grace although not aware of it. Such trust at such moments give greater glory to God than whole hours passed in prayer filled with consolation.:

“From the moment I came to love suffering, it ceased to be a suffering for me.” St. Faustina

Fantastic. I love being Catholic.

Thanks!! I did my reflection with the group last night, and the material that you provided here helped greatly. They said they liked it.

I appreciate the help!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.