I need a stronger faith in the Catholic Church

Hi everyone. I need a much stronger faith in the Catholic Church. Right now I am very tempted to go back to the Protestant church.

I’ll pray for you.

I will remember your intention at Mass and before the Blessed Sacrament… :gopray2:

I felt like this a while ago. I will be praying for you.
:slight_smile:

Prayer for Faith
Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee.
Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.
Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God
and conversation with men,
so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession
may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation.
Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought and of my
feeling;
but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit,
and not have any better guarantee than in docility to
Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.

Amen.

Faith is a grace, so ask the Lord for more faith, and He will graciously give it to you. Know that the battle you fight now is meant to stregthen your soul against doubts. Offer it up to Jesus for more faith.

praying for your intention.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Praying for you!

I remembered your intention at Mass this morning and in my Hour of Adoration…:signofcross:

Thank you everyone for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated. Anyway, as I start this Lenten season, I need your prayers more than ever. Please continue to pray for me.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for Holly

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I have been feeling like this for quite sometime now like I am not getting fed at the Catholic Church. BUT I keep striving because I know that this is the true church of God. So I am going to pray for you and please do the same for me.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I’ll add my prayers to those already praying for you! May you find what you are seeking in the Catholic faith! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone. I’m considering going to confession later but I know I will just fall again, maybe as soon as I get home. Should I even go to confession since I know I’ll fall again and possibly so soon? :shrug::confused:

yes

Why though Jim? I mean what is the point in it if I just fall right back in to a state of mortal sin? :shrug::frowning:

We can not use our own human ideas about limitations to limit the extent of the mercy of God.

We can not confine ourselves to ideas about limits of our strength ,when God is willing to send us grace and strength, especially through a Sacrament.

Oh ok. Thank you Jim. I apologize if I sounded like I was being sarcastic or something but honestly I was typing what I said out of desperation. I always seem to fall back in to a state of mortal sin so easily and I don’t know how to stay out of that state. I wish I did know how. I know that I receive grace through the sacraments but sometimes I feel like it’s not enough. I know I am more than likely wrong on that though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.