I need an explanation!

entertainment.vacancynigerians.com/2013/12/shocking-there-is-no-hell-fire-adam-eve.html?m=1

I think the blogs author says it all. "My name is Erik Thorson. I created this blog for my own personal amusement. "

Don’t worry, it would seem to be satire :slight_smile:

Pay no attention. You can’t believe everything you read on the internet.

The explanation is that there is a satirical website called “Diversity Chronicle” that makes up “news” stories for humorous effect – think of it as a less-witty copycat of the similar site The Onion.

Here is a link to the original “story” at the Diversity Chronicle website:
diversitychronicle.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/pope-francis-condemns-racism-and-declares-that-all-religions-are-true-at-historic-third-vatican-council/

Unfortunately, there are people who are both astonishingly credulous and seriously uninformed, and who can’t tell a joke (I mean, there are really people out there who don’t know that the “Third Vatican Council” doesn’t exist, and hasn’t been taking place in Rome for the last six months???) from reality. These people swallow any kind of nonsense they see in print; they are the sort who send money over the internet to scam artists in Nigeria, and who keep absurd supermarket tabloids like The Globe in business. It is that unfortunate sort who have taken this absurd and satiric fantasy tale seriously, while the rest of us know better, feel sorry for them, and are a little embarrassed by their surprising gullibility.

Especially if its got BBC written at the top of the page.

:thumbsup::signofcross:

:yukonjoe:

This piece has been around for a while now. I’m rubbish at posting links, but if you go to www.snopes.com & have a bit of a search, you can find it and the explanation of its origins.

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.