I need God's help

My wife had an affair (non-physical I think) with a former boyfriend and despite my pleas for marriage counseling or just to talk has cut off all meaningful communication with me for the past ten months. During this time, she has said many cruel things to me and that while she “cares” about me, she does not love me. (No explanation other than “you’ll never understand”). She is returning on Monday from a month’s stay with her family in Europe along with the younger of our two children. (The affair seems to have ended in the fall though they remain in some email/chat contact.)

I know she does not want to return and does not want to see me again. Well, in truth, I don’t know what she is thinking other than she is pain and won’t speak to me. I have great fear about her return and have tried (inadequately to be sure) to be forgiving and compassionate but I just don’t know what will happen or what she will do. I love her so much.

So, I ask for your prayers. I don’t know any of you and it feels strange but …for my wife, for her healing, for her to re-discover God’s love and His plan for her, for our two children (adopted and still quite vulnerable), and for myself for the indescribable pain I feel and for God’s grace that I can be a good, loving husband to her no matter what she does or says.

Thank you and God bless you for your kindness,
Jan

“…I was a stranger and you welcomed me…”

Jan I know that like me, all of our members and Prayer Warriors will feel acutely regarding your pain and situation. It’s difficult to put into words what we’d like to say to comfort and help if that were even possible. Be sure of our prayers, and mine.

I ask the Lord to give your wife the humilty and love to repent what she’s done to herself, the children, and you, and the cold things she’s said. She says she doesn’t love you…that just sometimes means the initial attraction has worn off, but this, is it happens, should be the beginning of genuine love that seeks to grow deeper and more unselfish. I ask the Lord to help her realise this and to be able to live it with you.

I ask the Lord to help you recover from the pain of rejection and betrayal. And I ask Him to bless you for your love and generosity .

I’ll be keeping you and your wife and children in my prayers and daily Masses.

Praying for you,your wife and your children.May the peace of our Lord quiet the storm in your life.Rocky.

I will be praying for you for strength from our Lord. More importantly, I pray that your wife comes to her senses and repents of the affair; that she realizes her mistake and comes back to you.

Our Father …
Hail Mary …
Glory Be …

Blessings,

Praying very hard for your reconciliation!

Welcome to our forum. I’m sorry that you are going through such pain.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored you help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come; before you I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be they name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive a our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying for you and your family…

Praying for you and your wife.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for your family!

Praying the August Queen Prayer to help get satan out of your marriage.

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

:crossrc:

I pray for your marriage, and your wife. That GOD will help her to see what she is losing and that she will be repentant. I pray for you grace and strength as you go day by day. I pray for you God’s mercies each new day as you walk a painful road.

AMEN

Thank you everyone–may God reward you all.

JB

We are keeping you both in our prayers, Jan

You are truly an amazing person for being willing and able to resolve this with your wife.I pray that God will give you strength and guidance and heal your heart during this difficult time. i alos pray for your children, that they are not affected by all of this.

God Bless You, you’ll be in my prayers!

:gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.