I need God's help

Pray for me. I have no friends. When I make a friend I do something to make them mad at me.
People like me for a little while when they meet me but then I don’t know why but they get tired of me.
I sometimes think I must be cursed because there are times when people who don’t even know me are rude to me.
I used to smile and try to be so friendly,but now I think I need to not be friendly.
So far it hasn’t worked for making friends.
Anyway lately I really don’t feel like smiling. Seeing how people I’ve known for years snub me.
I wish I could live in a cave somewhere far away from people.
It’s sad that no one calls. I’ve called some people lots of times and they don’t return my calls.
Pray that I won’t do anything that makes people not like me.

Hi Christine & welcome!

I’m sorry you are having such challenges finding friends in whom you can rely. I’m not sure why you are having this hardship is in your life now, but know I’ve said a prayer for you tonight. I hope tomorrow is brighter.:slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I’m praying for you, Christine.
Remember you are never truly alone for the Lord is just a prayer away and is the best friend you could ever ask for. ::thumbsup:
:gopray2::hug3:

What this person said. I’m going through a somewhat similar situation and I can understand where you’re coming from. I will pray for you Christine.

God loves you, and we love you. Hang in there.
:wink: mary1173

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying very hard for your happiness, Christine. I pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you and those you come in contact with. Hang in there, God loves you.

I will say a prayer for you, Christine. And I hope the Lord shows you what you need to find friendship and love.

God Bless.

Christine,

Please do not despair. The Lord is with you, even in your time of extreme loneliness and isolation. Many of the greatest saints were isolated people, either purposefully or by circumstance, such as yourself. Therefore, use your isolation and loneliness as a period of time to increase your holiness and closeness to God, just as those saints did. I will pray for you.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please Have Mercy upon Christine. She is lonely and feels socially anxious, unable to make friends. Make Your Will for her clear to her, Lord God, so that she may more accurately follow it. Lord, remind her to offer up her existing sufferings to You, and accept them. Help her to find a more fruitful social life soon, Lord God, if You so will it. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

O Lady of Mental Peace, Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon me in this my time of weakness and unrest. Teach my searching heart to know that God’s love for me is unchanging and unchangeable; and, that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His love. Let your gentle peace, which this world cannot give, be always with me, and help me to bring this same peace into the lives of others. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for me!

Let nothing disturb you: nothing frighten you.
All things are passing.
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
Nothing is wanting to him who posses God.
God alone suffices.
Teresa of Avila
May God bless and comfort you, Christine.

***The
Anima
Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ’s side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen ***

Our God of love, please help Christine in her loneliness. Will You give her gentle understanding about what in her attitude or behaviour drives people away, though I suspect it is because she doesn’t love herself very much and she is fearful because she expects them to ultimately reject her.
Please help her to see and love herself as you do, so that others see this in her and are drawn to her. Please help her to welcome others in genuine love that simply is, within her.
Jesus please help her to rid herself of self-doubt and self criticism and fill her , and surround her, with Your light and love. Thank You, our God.

Thank you all for your prayers.
I will print out ,"The Anima Christi " Prayer for me to read every day.
And Trishie, you are right ,I don’t like myself.
Thank you for that prayer.
I believe the Lord has blessed me by helping me find
this Catholic Answers website.
I have found so many good things to read here.
Coming here I see that I am not alone.
And with you all praying for me, I have the hope that
the Lord will give me peace.
He is trying to teach me something.
I hope I get it soon!

With love, Trishie:grouphug:

‘Love others…as yourself’

Jesus when You command us to love others as ourselves, You require something more challenging than simply to “love others.” The embedded touchstone in that command is “love your self.”

Many people lack proper self-esteem, making it difficult for them to genuinely value others. However, Scripture exhorts, “value yourself at your proper worth. Who can justify a man who runs himself down, or respect a man who despises himself.” [Ecclesiasticus 10:28-29] If we do fail to love ourselves correctly, we cannot accept God’s love. Let us never imagine ourselves hidden from Your mercy: ‘“Can anyone hide in a dark corner without my seeing him?’ asks the Lord.” [Jeremiah 23-24]

The concept of rightly loving oneself in order to love others as God’s precious children may be confused with the selfishness that ruins unselfish self-love. It requires us to reject negative self-talk and responses. “*If a man is mean to himself, to whom will he be good?” *[Ecclesiasticus 14:3].

Growth in Christian self-love is facilitated by “filling your mind with everything that is true, everything that is noble, and everything that is pure and good” [Philippians 4:8] and serving “in works of love.” It is allowing the Spirit to direct your life and then “you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence. What the Spirit brings is…love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, trustfulness, gentleness and self-control.” [Galatians 5:13, 16, 26, 22-23]

Jesus, help us to fittingly love ourselves. You do not wish us to disparage ourselves but to see ourselves as loved, forgiven children of God. A poor self-image may compare to our perception of ‘clouds’. To observers, clouds appear to be impressive, substantial and tangible. However, within themselves the clouds seem damp, insubstantial and misty.

Jesus, let us not belittle ourselves in comparison to others because of our personal uncertainties and inadequacies. Let us live in sincere acceptance of self, that unique gift of Your creative love. help us to see ourselves as loved children of God. Jesus, help me to know that You really love me. Help me to love myself so that I can love You and others love others truly.

Confidence in God’s merciful love

Dear God, You command that I forgive and rightly cherish myself. Like many people in human history, I often find it difficult to sincerely and consistently love the ‘self’ that I find mirrored in my consciousness. I know that You can bring me to appreciate the miracle and privilege of my existence!

How can I refuse to love what God loves! You treasure me, as You love and treasure each unique, human person that You create. Yet I need much grace to love this betrayer of my true being and purpose, myself! I betray Your loving creation of me by failing to be fully ‘the person I am created to be’.

You love each person so much that it led to the incarnation of Your divine Son, and to His redemption of humankind. Jesus is Your response to my betrayal of my destiny and me. Yet frequently I am unconvinced or indifferent before these astounding gifts of divine love for me and for every person!

Please give me grace to value each person as Your beloved and eternal gift. Inspire me with faith and gratitude for the gift of myself, for the lives of dear ones and of all people. Grant that these human gifts are shaped by Your love to become everlasting gifts to You, and through You, eternal gifts to each other person.

Through Jesus, You taught us that cheerful, loving mutual service of others leads to fulfilment of Your creative will. Therefore, give me grace to faithfully say ‘yes’ to Your loving purpose by active respect and charity to others and me. Delight Yourself in me by forming me into the unselfish, joyful, helpful and prayerful person You dreamed me to be for You and others’ souls for time and eternity. 1999

Appreciating others

Jesus, I honour others for their goodness. Yet, help me to share Your compassion, respect and delight in those who seem (to themselves or others)to reflect Your face poorly. Grant me the gift of conveying to each person, the beautiful, glimpsed vision of self, as You love him or her, a fallible human with entwined faults and virtues.

One sometimes glimpses another’s discouraged self-judgement, for he fears that Your plan of salvation builds upon some unlikely ‘ideal self’. He perhaps hopes that to others, only the good is evident. He fears that were others to sense the extent of his unworthiness, they may reject him—as indeed he fears You may.

Jesus, please extend Your hand to him through those who see his efforts and who have faith in the secret, unique miracle of him. Let him know that You love him as he is, and that You plan his holiness around his actual self. You fulfil Your dream of him and serve others through his flawed personality with its abilities, gifts and virtues, along with its faults and scars. Assure him that his efforts to live the Gospel are more precious because of his temptations and flaws, so that he is encouraged to faith and self-acceptance.

Our God let me see and share Your beautiful, unique, creative vision of each brother and sister, regardless of ‘apparent’ flaws. In my warm acceptance of him grant to each person that restoring, blossoming fruitfulness of love—which the image of him cherished and accepted as he really is—produces in the most barren and bleak heart. 1982

My sister, “Do not be afraid, you will not be put to shame.” [Isaiah 54:4]

Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee, Blessed art Thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.