I need help. I feel like I'm drowning!

Please, I now that this isn’t the most coherent post I’ve written, but I need to do something. I’m still sick with the flu, even though I’m close to getting over it, so I’m not going to attend Mass to avoid making other people ill, and Confession isn’t until next Saturday (I can’t attend Wednesday Confession because I’ll be at work and won’t make it in time). I need this out of my head and my heart. I’m in the middle of a very bad panic attack right now, and I need whatever I can get.

I know that I mentioned this in another thread, but that thread was a prayer request. This one is trying to deal with the demons in my life right now, at this moment.

My best friend is Pagan. She and I became best friends back when I was 15 and somewhere between idealistic and lukewarm. She has been in my life and has been like a sister to me for over fifteen years now.

Back in 2006, I had a crisis of faith that lead me to wonder if there was an afterlife. I went through a lot of New Agey stuff for a while, but that stuff lead me back to Catholicism, and while I’m not a passionate head-over-heels revert, I have come to realize the truth about the Catholic Church, and I never want to be apart from it again.

Now, my best friend has been unhappy with my spiritual seeking because she comes to the conclusion that I think she’s damned automatically because she’s a pagan and I think she’s wrong in her beliefs. The way I try to look at it is, God wants everyone to be Catholic. He is all-fair, all-just, and all-merciful. God will not send someone to hell who doesn’t go there willingly. Only He knows her fully, heart and mind, soul and spirit. I don’t make assumptions about her fate. I pray for her and for my further conversion, so that I become the kind of Catholic who can bring others into the fold.

On several occassions in the past, I’ve gone to Confession and talked to my priest about my relationship with her. I wept once because I told him that I thought it was my fault that she was still a pagan, because I couldn’t convert her. (Please keep in mind I don’t remember the whole conversation with my priest, and that this is condenced.) Father told me that we’re friends with people because those are the people in our lives whom we choose to be friends with, and that when I face God, I can honestly say, “I tried,” and that ultimately what happens to her is up to her and God.

On another occassion I talked to Father about me not being a good apologist and that I have no idea how to convert anyone. Father told me, “Preach often. If necessary, use words.” He meant he thought I should work on myself and that if I try hitting people over the head with my beliefs, I’ll just end up pushing them away.

The third that I can recall was somewhat recently, and it was after another conversation with her about religion. He told me that one shouldn’t argue religion with a jackass - not that he was being mean to her, but she would be too stubborn, saying that I’m close-minded and all, and she in turn is being close-minded.

Anyway, last night we talked some, and I tried not to ever let go of Christ during the talk. She said she thinks religion is a framework that people use to speak to God, and that we are all sharing in some pretty strong beliefs - we believe in sin, in good and evil, in right and wrong, etc. She said that she didn’t care that I was a Catholic, because I found joy in it, but not to expect her to do so. Her life history was pretty bad, so I’m not entirely surprised that she rejects Christianity as a whole. I think where the sticking point came is that she thinks I should accept her beliefs as her way to heaven, and my beliefs as my own way. Which I simply cannot do.

I’m not saying that I’m going to force my beliefs on her, but I keep praying for her. And I kept trying to explain, and I think I did it badly because I was trying to avoid saying, “You’re wrong, case closed,” and have her draw away from me or get in a fight with me. If she drew away, I have no idea who’d pray for her then. Her family isn’t exactly religious by any means.

What I finally did come out and say was that I loved her, but I had to hold to my beliefs as a Catholic, and those included the belief that God wants all people saved, and that God wants all people to be Catholic.

And she accepted that without a fight, so we parted on okay terms, but I think she understands we didn’t move from where we were prior to this last night. However…

All night long I’ve been having one heck of a panic attack over this, and I don’t know why. I haven’t changed my stance any, I never denied God (thank you Lord, for pouring Your Grace upon me), and I don’t think I was unreasonable. I know I didn’t lose her friendship and love.

What I’m thinking is that this may be a reaction to some of the medications that I’m taking for my flu, but at the same time I’m so seriously stressed out, I have no idea what’s going on in my life. I don’t know what to do.

And I’m stressing because I can’t really afford to go to church and risk getting other people sick, even if I am feeling a bit better. I haven’t slept well all night - that whole “wired” feeling keeping me awake and in a panic - and since I’m not a great driver at the best of times, I really don’t want to risk that, either.

I’m just so freaked out right now, and frustrated, and scared. I could use any advice, any thoughts or prayers, anything anybody can offer me. Maybe it’ll be better in a day or two when my body levels out and I’m not sick anymore. Until then, anything you can share I’d be happy to hear.

Hi Tabsie,

You are not well, you haven’t slept much and you’re on medications. Give yourself a break! Jesus would have His arms around you right now and would kiss your head and tell you to rest, to sleep, to forget everything except Him until you’re better.

Go to bed, stay in bed, put some nice music on, or just lie quietly and say some short prayers, or ask “Jesus, take me in your arms and let me rest for a while.” Try thinking about your Guardian Angel - I say the children’s Guardian Angel prayer often when I’m sick and/or tired.

I’ve had flu recently and have health problems; do not underestimate the effect of all this on your mind.

You sound like you’re doing a great job with your friend. Live as Christ wants you to and He will do the rest.

God Bless!

Thank you so much. I’m sorry. I’m feeling so stressed out and very, very frightened, and I’m just… not tracking as well as I should.

I said two Divine Mercy Chaplets, one for her and one for me. I just wish I could fix things and make them not so scary. I try to trust Christ, but sometimes I don’t trust myself at all. I don’t know how to overcome a lot of this stuff. And I certianly don’t know how to overcome the panic disorder. I can’t afford the meds that I’d been taking, at least, not until February when my insurance finally kicks in.

I really appreciate the friendly advice, and you’re right - it’s a pretty good shot that I’m stressing due to the medication. Years ago, I’d been taking Robitussin HoneyFlu formula, and it ended up leaving me wired and wasted in equal measure. This isn’t identical stuff, but I think it may be having the same kind of reaction. I’m going to try to get some more sleep if I can.

Disclaimer - this is not medical advice, just a suggestion on how to get your anti-anxiety meds. until your insurance kicks in.

You can see the doctor, tell him/her that you don’t have insurance until February and does he/she have samples of the meds. you need until then - that is only about three weeks worth, at most what, 6 weeks?

God gave us doctors and medicines and you don’t sound like you are afraid of using them so, go, ask, or call the office, they might even let you have the samples without seeing the doctor if you have a history with the doctor.

Disclaimer again, not medical advice!

Okay, now that I have said this, I want to let you know that I will take you with me to Mass today, you sleep, I will ask my Guardian Angel to invite yours to join us today while you continue to recover from the flu.

Brenda V.

Hi tabsie
you have had some lovely responses and advice already.
I just wanted to add as regards to your friend.........
Try not to discuss religion (unless it's brought up and you
have to respond).
By your actions your friend will see what a good example
of faith you are and over time may be moved by your example.

You are a lovely person tabsie, whom God loves very much.
God loves ALL His children.
Hope this explains a little of how the Catholic Church views those
not of Catholic faith.It can be quite complicated to express clearly but
i hope some of this info helps ease your mind

The Catholic Church recognizes the possibility of the salvation of non-Christians as well, although without baptism, the Church is more hesitant to speak of their salvation. Even though Jesus is the only Way, the only Truth, and the only Life, the Church recognizes:

"But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator...Those also can attain to salvation who through no fault of their own do not know the Gospel of Christ or His Church, yet sincerely seek God and moved by grace strive by their deeds to do His will as it is known to them through the dictates of conscience. Nor does Divine Providence deny the helps necessary for salvation to those who, without blame on their part, have not yet arrived at an explicit knowledge of God and with His grace strive to live a good life. Whatever good or truth is found amongst them is looked upon by the Church as a preparation for the Gospel (Lumen Gentium I:16"

Yet, the Catholic Church also warns that we must not embrace pluralism, indifferentism, or religious relativism, i.e. when all religions are viewed as equally valid paths to salvation. All salvation is through Jesus Christ, even that of non-Christians. The Catholic Church still affirms extra ecclesiam nulla salus, which is the ancient Christian Teaching that outside of the Church nobody can be saved. This Teaching is Catholic dogma, and is attested in the writings of many Church Fathers, including Ignatius of Antioch (AD 105), Cyprian of Carthage (AD 250), and Origen of Alexandria (AD 220). So, if the Catholic Church holds to the ancient standard of extra ecclesiam nulla salus, how can those non-Christians who seem to be outside the Church be saved? Catholic Teaching is that those non-Catholics who are saved, are somehow inside the Church, albeit imperfectly. According to Dominus Iesus,

The Catholic position on salvation may seem highly nuanced, or even confusing, but it holds two very important realities in tension: God's loving mercy and God's revealed Truth. Overall, the Catholic position on the salvation of non-Catholics recognizes that God is merciful and gracious to those who sincerely seek Him, but this grace and mercy are balanced with his revealed Truth. While we pray and hope for the salvation of all people, the Church recognizes that Hell exists for those who willfully reject God, and those who choose to be separated from God may, sadly, get their wish in the afterlife. However, those who are saved receive salvation only on account of God's grace through Jesus Christ, who alone is "the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

The Church Fathers who declare the normative necessity of being Catholic also declare the possibility of salvation for some who are not Catholics.
These can be saved by what later came to be known as "baptism of blood" or " baptism of desire"..

Hey Tabitha…

I used to get panic attacks so I know what you’re going through. It’s a horrible, awful black feeling, but the important thing to remember is that it will pass. Thank you God, I don’t get them anymore, but I do remember. One thing that always, **without fail **helped me was picking up my Rosary at times like this. If you can, just start with a decade or two for peace of mind. I know it’ll make you feel better. And try to get some rest. Brenda said she’d pray for you with your Guardian Angel at Mass, take comfort in that. :slight_smile: You don’t have to go to Mass when you’re as sick and tired as you are now. The Church understands and allows this. You just pray and get some rest today. :console:

Tabitha, I don't have any wise words of advice. I just wanted to post a message of support and empathy. :hug3: First of all, the combination of the flu, flu medication and lack of sleep would make even the strongest person a little loopy!

The Old Testament reading from Mass this morning seems particularly applicable to your friend: "I, the Lord, have called you for the victory of justice; I have grasped you by the hand; I formed you, and set you as a covenant of the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from confinement, and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness" (Isaiah 42:6-7). God sent our Savior here for people just like you, and just like your friend. He will call her out of the darkness in which she lives now. I think your friendship and kindness to her can speak volumes about your faith. Keep praying for her, and let the Holy Spirit do his work. Perhaps you could offer a Mass once a month for a year for the conversion of your friend.

I hope you will be able to get some rest today. And I will pray that God will grant you a greater sense of peace about this situation.

Be careful of those flu meds. Depending on how big you are, maybe you might want to take less than a full dose. I know a day of that and my heart is pounding and I’m bumping into walls!

As for the spiritual stuff… keep that confessor. He sounds like a wise and insightful man. At a certain point people are not converted because of logical arguments. Yes, Catholicism is extremely logical when you study it, but the newbie misses that. It’s not a “club” you belong to. It’s a way of seeing the universe and reality… through the eyes of the Creator and His Son. Putting on your Catholic goggles alters everything. It’s seeing everything in the fulness of the truth. We are fortunate to have the entirety of the truth.

Your friend has small glimpses of the big picture. How you live your life, not how you argue your beliefs, will make her jealous of the greater truth she may be missing. Live in joy and love and patience to make her want what you have. Be the person who alters her view of Catholics. She isn’t rejecting the Church, she’s rejecting her incorrect view of the Church.

Even Christ couldn’t convince some people to listen to Him and believe. He worked miracles and taught the people and THEY turned on Him and rejected His teaching to His face. They killed Him. So you’re in good company. :wink:

Don’t argue the faith. Live it. Let that be your argument. Pray for your friend that she will see the splendor of the entire truth. And know that the God who created her loves her. He knows how little of the whole truth she has. He knows what blindness she has that prevents her from seeing and accepting Him. Her life isn’t over. And even at the point of death we do not know that the soul isn’t given the entire vision and given one final opportunity to accept or reject God’s love.

To those of us who were given more, more is expected of us. Well, that implies that God will judge those who were given less with more mercy.

If you are given the entirety of the truth and you see the whole of reality in that framework and you can still make bad and harmful choices, then the rejection of God is more deliberate. Even in our own lives we can see it. A parent (an imperfect parent, unlike God) will punish a 2 year old differently than a 12 year old for drawing on the wall. The level of understanding and culpability is different for each. If we can realize this, imagine how much more God realizes.

Just love your friend. It sounds like her rejection of God’s paternal love and the maternal love of the Church is because she never really knew that in her own life.

Just love your friend. It sounds like her rejection of God’s paternal love and the maternal love of the Church is because she never really knew that in her own life.

Karen’s dad suicided when she was little. Her mom didn’t deal well with it and had a bunch of health problems, including a stroke, while Karen was growing up. Karen, obviously, is my best friend.

As far as I know, she never had any religious instruction growing up. If she did, it wasn’t strong enough to make more than a brief impact - she knows a little of the Bible, but nothing of the Traditions. Once we were talking, and she told me how that, before she became a pagan, she didn’t believe in anything, because something bad had happened in her life (I don’t know every detail, I was hurting myself and didn’t get all the story straight), and so she had heard that God saves fools and children. So she tried to overdose on something, took a bunch of pills, but decided that she didn’t want to die. She said she felt like God didn’t save her, her finger down her own throat saved her. Later on she turned pagan, I think because she wanted to get away from the emptiness of not believing in anything.

It’s not my life so maybe I shouldn’t be telling it over and over. But she’s so dear to me and I feel like wow, I’m such a failure. Like, I was a terribly lukewarm Catholic growing up. It took a panic attack like the one I’m having now - one that lasted for over a year, though, not just one day - to get me straight back into the Church again.

I kind of get this thought in my head, maybe if nobody’s saved outside the Church, I’m supposed to be the Church for her. I mean, she’s practically my own sister. But I am a mess. When she met me, I was a gullible 15-year-old who believed anything I heard and was content with the world. I sort of bought into her paganism, but I never gave up being a Catholic. Maybe I was supposed to dive into her world and be slowly lifted out into the Faith so I can take her with me, but maybe not. Maybe I’m not doing a good enough job.

This might sound stupid but I’ve told God that if I had to serve extra time in Purgatory to keep her from Hell, I’d be happy to. I hate how scared and sad I feel and I want the storm inside my head and heart to go away, but I keep offering it up anyway, because if I hurt so much, I don’t know - maybe I can do something good with it, bring her around, anything.

I didn’t have brothers or sisters growing up - my two older half-sisters are in New Jersey and have been since I was about five. Karen’s closer to me than a friend - she’s the sister I didn’t have when I was little, and has always been there for me, and she loves me.

I can’t figure out how to fix anybody! Daddy’s first wife (my half-sisters’ mom) died and his second wife left him for another woman. Daddy got a civil divorce from her but married Mama and somehow when he tried to get annuled from the evil second wife (she tried to kidnap my half-sisters on top of everything else) he didn’t tell them enough or something so he didn’t get the annulment. Mama’s Jewish and has strong, devout faith in God but she isn’t committed to the divinity of Christ. All the friends I had in school were either non-religious or pagan or gay.

I feel like this log dragged into the rapids, getting beaten by rocks and splintering! I don’t love God enough! I’m not devout enough! I don’t know the first thing about how to apologize my faith to anyone. I have all these people I care about, and I don’t have a clue what I’m supposed to be doing. I love Mama and Daddy and Karen so much it hurts! I get so scared for them! I just want to make everything better and I can’t!

I so sorry. I’m so very sorry! I shouldn’t be pouring all this out up here, but I don’t know who else to turn to right now!

Be with me God, the night is dark.
The night is cold. My little spark
of courage dies. The night is long.
Stay with me God, and make me strong.
Amen.

The Lord bless you and keep you.
The Lord make His face to shine upon you and give you peace.

I just want to say that none of us have ever converted anyone, only the Holy Spirit can do that.

Our job is to pray and love and show the beauty and joy of the faith in our lives. It sounds like you have been doing that. None of us can do it perfectly. So pray for your friend and love your friend. In time the seeds that you have planted may bear fruit but in God's time, not ours.

God wants you to be happy and at peace. Ask Him to give you peace and relieve your anxiety.

And cold meds (over the counter) have many ingredients that can cause your heart to race, etc. I would avoid them.

kind of get this thought in my head, maybe if nobody's saved outside the Church, I'm supposed to be the Church for her. I mean, she's practically my own sister. But I am a mess. When she met me, I was a gullible 15-year-old who believed anything I heard and was content with the world. I sort of bought into her paganism, but I never gave up being a Catholic. Maybe I was supposed to dive into her world and be slowly lifted out into the Faith so I can take her with me, but maybe not. Maybe I'm not doing a good enough job.

This might sound stupid but I've told God that if I had to serve extra time in Purgatory to keep her from Hell, I'd be happy to. I hate how scared and sad I feel and I want the storm inside my head and heart to go away, but I keep offering it up anyway, because if I hurt so much, I don't know - maybe I can do something good with it, bring her around, anything.

Oh, Tabitha, so young to be feeling so responsible for everyone else! :(

You make me want to cry. Because your heart is in the right place and there should be more people out there who believe they are their brother's keeper.

First off, you can't fix anyone. You are not responsible for that. Their choices are their own, and YOU will not be judged for that. You will only be judged for the example you gave, the charity you showed or didn't show, your own devotion to God and whether you fulfilled your obligations to God.

And that's easier said than done. As a mother, I agonize over the fact that maybe I didn't teach my kids well enough, or why have they stopped going to church, some of them?

But faith isn't just about apologizing. We don't convert people because of our brilliant arguments. We win them over by our lives. Or the other side pulls them away, no matter what we do. But we stay with them and let them know if they want to return, we are there to help.

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible someone else ever reads.

Don't worry about your mom. The Jews are still God's Chosen People. He didn't revoke that. I'm sure He has plans for all of them. And we have so much of our faith with its foundation in the Old Testament. You can still explore that with your mother and share with her the Sunday OT readings from Mass and discuss them and their relevance to you.

As for your friend... everyone should have a friend like you. And know that more than a few saints in 2000 years were pagan converts. The problem with today's neo-paganism is that it is everywhere. And it is underlaced with some diabolic aspects.

You are fighting powers and principalities. You cannot tell your friend that. But know it so you can pray for her. You are very unselfish to want to add to your own Purgatory to help her. Do you know you can start your Purgatory here on earth? By fasting, sacrifice, giving up things, offering up pain, panic attacks, offering up the good things, praying, giving alms... you can atone for the sins and ignorance of others. In fact, the Bible says some demons are cast out ONLY through prayer and fasting.

And God allowed you to dabble in that world because He respected your free will. But now you know the way out of that darkness. We all have periods of darkness in our lives... illness, alcoholism or other dependencies, bad family situations, abuse, bad marriages... the people who are often most helpful in that are the ones who have been there and know the way out and can help guide us out of the darkness. You are in a wonderful position to help your friend. When she tires of the darkness, you can be that light. But like all those other situations, SHE has to be ready. SHE has to realize what she's doing right now doesn't work for her as well as it once did. If she sees you happy and at peace, she will want what you have.

So stop beating yourself over the head. You are far better than you give yourself credit for. Your awareness of your obligation to your fellow man is astounding. Your love for others is heartwarming. Just continue to study your faith. There are many books out there that can help you learn. You aren't expected to be an apologist on the level of the doctors of the church.

Just live in a way that points to Christ. Eventually a lot of people grow up and mature enough to look around and notice when they are adults that the most honest, kindest, most dependable people they know OFTEN (not always) are people of deep and abiding faith who practice it regularly. With young teens, that is not necessarily the case, because their faith is immature and undeveloped often, and it's hard to distinguish one immature teen from another, and some who have been raised with no faith have not yet started on a deeply immoral road. With the experience of years and knowing lots of people, you know that many of them trying to travel through life without a spiritual road map are in deep danger of becoming very lost and ending up in very bad places. But they're not there yet.

But you see it more vividly in adults. Those who abandoned faith or never had it often serve as an object lesson for the benefits of having faith.

Don't tell your friend about the love of God. Just show her His love. And be patient with her. Some things can't be rushed.

Oh, Tabitha, so young to be feeling so responsible for everyone else!

Heh. Not so young. I'm going to be 33 in April. She's turning 32 on Thursday. This whole thing with high school and college has been happening for over 15 years. That's why I feel a little freaked out, I guess. I feel like I've been a lukewarm Catholic for so long, I'm afraid that I'm going to catch it in the end for not having warmed up.

You will only be judged for the example you gave, the charity you showed or didn't show, your own devotion to God and whether you fulfilled your obligations to God.

Yeah, and I sympathize with your feelings about your kids (sad to say that I have none of my own, as I am unmarried and live with my paretns, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe there's a reason for that). It's hard because you don't know what all the obligations you have are. I'm looking forward to getting myself to Confession next week so I can get a lot of this off my chest. I need to work on my devotions to God further.

I feel like I've come a long way, only to fall short. I wish I could love Him more, and make myself behave better.

But I thank you for your words and help. I know I'm stressing out a lot today. I alternate between worrying about her soul and worrying about mine. About the only thing that I can say is that Jesus would never have given us the Divine Mercy Chaplet unless He really wanted to give us every single opportunity to get into Heaven. Which is why I've been praying it lately.

You are doing the right thing, offering up your feelings for your friend. You couldn't do anything better for her.

You know, it's not all that strange to get stressed out after a big emotional moment. Most people do it before or during, but your body can also get its revenge after it's all over. I hope you are feeling better now.

It sounds like you made some real progress with her, too.

Dear Tabitha,

I hope you are feeling better. Much good advice has been sent your way so I'm not going to repeat all of it. How about if you relax and get well. You have such a kind heart and I'm sure our Lord is smiling at you. Your friend will come around in her own time. You show her what your faith is by how you live your life. Keep praying for her and God will help you when the time is right. For now take care of yourself and get well. I offer this for your friend and you.

MEMORARE,
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen

Thank you to everyone! Your prayers, thoughts, and kind words concerning my fears for my best friend are all so inspiring.

Unfortunately, I'm not doing well at all right now. It's 12:15 CST here, and I'm wide awake, having tried to lay down so I can sleep. My heart is racing, my teeth are chattering, and I'm in such a state of nervous exhaustion, but I can't sleep. I wake up in a panic and I don't know what to do, except to say, "Father, I offer my panic attack up for the salvation of my best friend's soul." This has been going on all day and I have no idea how to fix it.

Prayers are always welcome and I appreciate your thoughts and kindness. This became a struggle out of nowhere last night, and I'm very much afraid that I'm in for a long haul struggle here - that I'll be stuck dealing with this panic and fear and depression until next month, when I get my insurance and can get my anti-depressant.

I just wish I knew how to make my brain settle down so I could feel normal again. Heh. Part of me wants to be better, and part of me is afraid that if I don't suffer this, I have nothing to offer God right now for my friend, except the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

I've said a bunch of those today, and I'm going to try to make it a habit to say one every night before I go to bed, for the conversion of her soul. There's a web page that has the entire Divine Mercy Diary of St. Faustina, that includes Divine Mercy miracles in it. One was the testimony of Stanley Villavicencio, whose revelation was apparently accepted by the Vatican. Here's what I'd read from his Q&A session after discussing what was revealed to him:

(Q) "Stanley, what does Jesus think about other religions and other non Christian religions? Hindu's and all different religions?"
(A) "Well, God's mercy is for everybody, not only for Catholics - because if Jesus is given the choice, He wants all mankind to enter Heaven. But only man loves so much the world, that he does not want to accept God's mercy. He does not want to return to the Lord. In fact, they are just denying their sins."

(Q) "Does Jesus want us to approach people in our work places; strangers, non Christians, to tell them about Divine Mercy? If so, how does He want us to do it? Because it is very difficult to go up to a stranger who does not believe in God or does not know Jesus and try to tell him about Divine Mercy."
(A) "We can do it. We can do it by being an example. We have to show them, that's why Jesus said: Put mercy into action. For example, you visit the prisoners and you explain to them God's mercy. And also at hospital, tell them and you give them the chaplet and you teach them how to pray the chaplet of Divine Mercy. You can do it, because the chaplet is welcomed by other religions, because God's mercy is for everybody, not only for Catholics. That's why Jesus said that we have to multiply our prayer for the sinners because Jesus said that the sinners do not pray for themselves anymore. So we have to increase our prayer for the sinners because their salvation depends on us."

And what really got me was that last line - Jesus said we had to multiply our prayer for the sinners because sinners don't pray for themselves anymore, so we have to do so, because their salvation depends on us.

Which is what I will try to do, but I really wish I could get over this panic attack because I really need to rest. Wish me luck and pray for me!

Tabsie,

'This too shall pass'.

'All shall be well,
And all shall be well,
And all manner of things shall be well.'
St Julian of Norwich

You are in my prayers today - it's 6.45am here.

God bless

Fran

tabsie you are in my prayers.

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion
- inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us
and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments
we might not despair
nor become despondent,
but with great confidence
submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is Love and Mercy itself.
Amen

Lord Jesus Christ look upon us with love and compassion
as we come to honor Your Sacred Heart.
Help us to make it loved and known by all.
Fill our lives with Your blessings.
Lord Jesus, look upon those who come before You.
Heart of Jesus, hear and answer our prayers.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on me!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, hear and answer my prayers!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.