I need help with this one

I am taking a course in lay ministry. The guest speaker for the current session that I am in right now is a local priest/theologian (not McBrien but similar in his beliefs). Here are some points from today.

He said,

1)vatican II has shown us a new perspective on reality. he says that we have gone from a point of static (ie rest) to a point of dynamic (creativity). He said that this gives a us new world view of today in regards to relativity.

any help on where this fella is going?

He said that being perfect is never having to change.

That sounds so absolutely typical of modern academia. Lots of fancy words, zero meaning contained within.

[quote=VociMike]That sounds so absolutely typical of modern academia. Lots of fancy words, zero meaning contained within.
[/quote]

In a different field this would be called “psychobabble.” Just words.

If you want to have fun, ask him to explain it to you so you can understand – and point out that under Canon Law you have a right to such an explanation.

Reminds me of a story Fulton Sheen used to tell about himself. He was teaching a class, and afterwards one of the seminarians came up to him and praised him mightily for his wonderful presentation.

“What did I say?” asked Sheen.

“I don’t know,” answered the seminarian.

“Neither do I,” said Sheen.

And after that he made sure that whatever he said was clear, straightforward and sensible.

beomg perfect does mean that you don’t have to change. God is perfect and that’s why He doesn’t change. “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever” if He changed, that would mean either a)He was imperfect, going to a perfect state by His change. or b) He was perfect and going to an imperfect state because of His decision to change.
as for all the other stuff, I don’t know either :slight_smile: just knod your head and say, “mmm hmmm. yeah, that’s interesting”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.