I need help

First off I want to say that I love my church I belive in the papacy, as well as the communion of saints, confession though a priest and everything else that the roman catholic church belives in that being said, I am transexual. I would never start wearing female choltes in the open or get a surgey to look like a girl because of one thing… my catholic faith I understand that doing that I will be living a half life mot being fully what I want to be, as well as I have finnaly understand that even though I have these feelings I am a man that will never change iot took me many years to understand this but I do, Our lord made me a man foir a reason, I think it may be to be a priest but I’m still praying over that in either case I can never change that I am am man my question is that I know what the CCC says about homosexuality but it never mentions (unless I missed it) that if I am going to hell or not. I have told obnlyu a few people but I told them that I was bi and one of them a priest that I had held in such high regard like a father figure even because my father left my family when I was a child he has treated me diffenrtly since I told him not badly but he dosent talk eith me or treat me like he did before I told him so I am terrifed to come out about my ture feelings please pray for me

First off I want to say that I love my church I belive in the papacy, as well as the communion of saints, confession though a priest and everything else that the roman catholic church belives in that being said, I am transexual. I would never start wearing female clothes in the open or get a surgey to look like a girl because of one thing… my catholic faith I understand that doing that I will be living a half life not being fully what I want to be, as well as I have finnaly understand that even though I have these feelings I am a man that will never change iot took me many years to understand this but I do, Our lord made me a man foir a reason, I think it may be to be a priest but I’m still praying over that in either case I can never change that I am am man my question is that I know what the CCC says about homosexuality but it never mentions (unless I missed it) that if I am going to hell or not. I have told obnlyu a few people but I told them that I was bi and one of them a priest that I had held in such high regard like a father figure even because my father left my family when I was a child he has treated me diffenrtly since I told him not badly but he dosent talk eith me or treat me like he did before I told him so I am terrifed to come out about my true feelings please pray for me

Please visit www.couragerc.net and get in contact with this organization. They can provide support, assistance, and advice.

Regarding going to hell, a person’s sexual orientation is not *sinful *although if other than a man-woman orientation it is disordered. (See the Catechism)

Only our *actions *and *sins *can separate us from God. It seems from your post you desire to live a life according to God’s Word and Law. That is very admirable. Remember, too, that you do not need to “come out”… that is really something people do who are actively living in sexual sin.

You are definately in my prayers.

It is not sinful to be who you are but is is to act on those feelings. I can see that you are striving to live a virtuous life like anyone else. You just have a different cross to carry. Through prayer and reception of the sacraments, you can gain strength to resist temptation.

Jesus apeared to St Faustina to give His message of mercy to us. Read her diary entries about the mercy of Christ and how he will never abandon us if we place our trust in Him.

There is also a group called Courage that ministers to those with same-sex attractions and their loved ones. There is most likely a group in your area.

Continue striving to lead a life of virtue. :blessyou:

Please understand that homosexuality is no worse a sin than many others. the likelihood of you going to Hell for homosexuality is exactly the same as the likelihood of you going to hell for any other kind of lust or lasciviousness.

It does not even “rate” a separate category among the seven Cardinal sins
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride.

In fact homosexuality receives mention in the Bible only

• under the Old Covenant (Genesis) and
  • in the writings of Saint Paul.
    Jesus never bothered to single it out as being especially bad.

This does not mean that acting out on homosexual or transsexual tendencies is “okay.”
It simply means that having such desires is no more and no less a sin than lust or lasciviousness of any other sort.

Personally, I believe that transexualism is a disorder, an illness, so to speak, not a sin per se, (although if you chose to attend church etc. while dressing as woman THAT would be disrespectful.)

The Catechism of the Catholic Church has three paragraphs on homosexuality
no.’s 2357, 2358, and 2359 here:
vatican.va/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm

FWIW I can find no actual indication of a patron saint for tempted homosexuals. I know of groups who claim Saint Sebastian and/or Saint Tarcisius as a patron saint, but I don’t think the Church recognizes such patronage.

There are EIGHT patron saints of sexual temptation
• Angela of Foligno
• Catherine of Siena
• Margaret of Cortona
• Mary of Edessa
• Mary of Egypt
• Mary Magdalen
• Mary Magdalen of Pazzi
• Pelagia of Antioch

and FIFTEEN Saints of temptation
• Angela of Foligno
• Benedict
• Catherine of Bologna
• Catherine of Genoa
• Catherine of Siena
• Columba of Rieti
• Cyriacus
• Elizabeth of Schonau
• Eustochium of Padua
• Gemma Galgani
• Helen del Cavalcanti
• Margaret of Cortona
• Maria Fortunata Viti
• Michael the Archangel
• Syncletica

I wish you well, and will remember you in my prayers.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re hurting. I hope you find your way. I don’t have any answers - other people have said it already - but I’ll keep you in my prayers.
Jesus made you. And He loves you. Through all this, please try to remember that.

God Loves you
’nuff said

My prayers are with you

Pax
Mauro

I will keep you in my prayers as well. It is good to hear that you are really trying to live a good life according to God’s church. God bless you.

I am absolutely humbled in the face of the struggle you have to remain chaste, remain true to the Faith and be a joyful, loving Christian. You are a hero in my eyes and I want you to know that you are in my prayers this morning. Thank you for allowing me to step outside my own little petty problems and realize that there are some true living saints walking around carrying their crosses with a smile.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.