i need help

I am prevented from going to church. My mother controls my father. He was a Catholic. He was poor and went to university on a scholarship. He was teased. His head got turned by the wealth he saw. He married my mother. Who is insane. Her brother died in a mental institution. She is very dangerous. She has portrayed me as “bad” all my life. To my father. They are making love right now. That is a draw he doesn’t escape. He had to get a special dispensation to marry her for he was Catholic and she was unbaptized (2 generations unbaptized in her family.) She may have come from a Jewish family “passing” as Anglican I hate to bring it up but there is such a thing as a bad Jew. I have encountered many through being drawn by the similarity to my mother. People who just have something wrong, usually something weird that you can’t pin down, sometimes it is obvious, sometimes it is not.

Right now she has my son. That is why I am here instead of in Florida, where I had found help with getting to a Priest for baptism but…wound up coming here. Because my son had gone to my mother. And she has entrapped him in the same way she entrapped me 25 years ago, with two cats. Who he is now attached to for life. It gets so complicated.

There’s an expression she uses, an English one, “keeping her eye out”, which means she watches everything I do, and sees, in the way that a mother can, and goes “over” me in her mind. This is a very scary situation.

There is a nun, the Lord guided me, who I can see. She will see me again. I have seen her four times for Project Rachel counseling through Catholic Charities, and they allow 10 sessions.

Please pray for me that I follow through with this, that I have the strength and the ability to do so, that I am not prevented, and for her continuing guidance, the Lord tells me she still prays for me. I have an appointment coming up with a local mental health practitioner which is terrifying me. I am trying to get out of psych. I had a wonderful doctor who is across the border in NJ, he is Hindu but very encouraging of my faith and very kind and caring, honest, I moved a little farther away and closer to my parents and my son. He just gives me the help I need and doesn’t pry and manipulate.

I would like to continue to see him again and see Sister for counseling, that would give me three months with her and time to continue outside of the sphere of my mother’s wide influence as far as MH. She stated her intent to just go ahead and put me right back in the state hospital, when I first returned here from Florida. It’s been 25 years since that, for the Love of Jesus. She put me in terror right away.

Please pray. The Lord has shown me much tonight.

Praying for you to have strength…guidance…and to listen to what God wants you to do…

You poor thing… I understand how these things can entrap your life,
I cant help…but only in advise…do you have friends or other family that you can escape to ?
I will pray for you…

God Bless.... be strong...

I’m praying for you!

I am praying for you Tenderlynew. Isn’t there any way that you can get your son away from your mother and move away from there? She sounds like she is very dangerous. Is there a women’s shelter close by that you could escape to? I wish I could help you. I will keep you and your son in my prayers. God bless you

Mary:signofcross::

The greatest and the most miserable and hurtful point in your suffering is concluding that YOU DENY YOUR FAITH, just as the greatest miracle is the forgiveness of sin significantly at the scene of Calvary. This that you are experiencing is the spiritual battle of which you must win. This struggle is the gift that God has granted it to you, and this is the way you must see it. Satan is at work. Stand strong and remember that you must NEVER GIVE UP YOUR FAITH, for this is what Satan wants from you.

Praying for you…

Praying

Thanks, I needed to hear this.

Unpleasant scenario,…needs courage and prayers! please, I suggest that you get a spiritual father and be open to your spiritual father, let him journey with you in this situation.

God bless you.

Fr. David

I pray that God gives you the strength to endure
and her the enlightenment to Come to him

Please Heavenly Father, grant this woman pardon, peace, and grace! Give her the grace to endure the hardships and trials she will face during her life. Give her peace to continuously know Your love!

Amen.

Praying for you and your family. I have been blessed with many good Jewish friends in my lifetime.

St. Dymphna, please pray for that family!

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :gopray:

How old are you?

Protect us, O Lord our God;
and defend us evermore by the might of Thy holy Cross,
in whose honour Thou makest us to rejoice.
Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help,
and sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence,
I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother,
to thee I come,
before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate!
despise not my petitions,
but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

I am 51. My son is19.

*I am touch by your situation. I know what it is like to have problems with family. My maternal grandparents raised me, until they both passed away, by the time I was fifteen. Their daughter, my biological mother, then obtained custody of me. She was married to a verbally abusive alcoholic, who made my life a nightmare. I am going to pray for you, that you find peace, and the strength to make it through. I would stay close to God, strong in faith, and continue counsel with Sister. Bless you ! *

Deliver us, Lord Jesus Christ,
from all our iniquities and from every evil,
may we ever hold fast to Your commandments
and never allow us to be separated from Your love.
Please look kindly on our petitions
as we come to you with heartfelt need for
healing, protection, guidance, comfort,
and most especially to feel Your presence in our lives.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.