I need more prayers that i will stop self harming

I got some a few weeks ago and was able to stop for a while. Then i did it once. But this week ive been doing it full force again (thurs and fri). Please pray that i can stop.

I will be praying that you can stop and for healing whatever is causing it.:gopray2::signofcross:

Praying for you.

Remember, your body is a temple for the Lord. He has blessed you with it.
I’ll pray for you!
God Bless.

In confession my priest asked me just one question about it and since then (Jan) I only attempted once as had his question going through my head all the time and posted back to him, ‘okay-you win’ in that very inmature way… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: haven’t even needed to since. :slight_smile:

:curtsey::amen:

I just said a prayer for you. God bless you.

Well done, for not only asking for help, but also for stopping it before. I know how hard it is to stop. It is like any other addiction, I know that as soon as I do it once, it will be hard to stop again. I will pray for you too, but can I suggest something that helps me. It may or may not work for you, but I too have self-harmed in the past, now I use visualisation technique. I visualise me going through the motions of self-harming, and visualise the blood leaving me, and as the reason for self harming is psychological, if in your mind you do it, it helps your mind control it. So mentally I self harm, but not physically. (I hope that makes sense)

:blessyou:

Praying that you will overcome the desire to harm yourself. Please remember, you are a temple of God. Your body belongs to God. Everything in the world belongs to God. There isn’t a single thing that a human being can create out of nothing. Yet God does this all the time. The only thing that is truly our very own is our decision to do good or evil.

God Bless:gopray:

You will be in my prayers. God bless and heal you.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen…

Thank you all and just so you know im not necessarily cutting with a blade of any kind. Its not really cutting at all. But its with my nails…

Mother Mary, please ask our Lord to calm Maegan’s anxiety and to give her strength to resist the temptation to harm herself. Ask him to heal her mind and spirit and fill her with the knowledge that she is his beloved child. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Father in Jesus’ name please hold Maegan close always.

Come, Holy Spirit, fill MaeganFlinchum1 heart with you holy gifts.
Let her charity be such as to offend no one and hurt no one’s feelings; so generous as to pardon sincerely any wrong done to her.
Assist her in all the trials of life, enlighten her in her ignorance, advise her in her doubts, strengthen her weakness, help her in all needs and embarassment, protect her in temptations and console her in all afflictions.
Graciously hear me, O Holy Spirit, and pour your light into her heart, her soul and her mind. Assist her to live a holy life and to grow in goodness and grace. AMEN

no one is judging… it cannot measure in that kind of way and it is ‘sad’ that harm is used to help one feel good/comfort, no matter how mild or severe it is in the eyes of others. You call it self harm that is what is what is for you.

Prayers for you and for all with mental health problems. Have you considered any counselling or therapy?

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

May the Lord bless you and heal you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Mother Mary, please ask our Lord to calm Maegan’s anxiety and to give her strength to resist the temptation to harm herself. Ask him to heal her mind and spirit and fill her with the knowledge that she is his beloved child. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I’ve been praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.