I need prayer, please!

Hello all. I want to ask all of you o please pray for me. I have been feeling so down and depressed lately, and I feel this inner void of which it seems nothing has been able to get me out of. I think that part of the problem is due to two things: 1. I cannot seem to find a job doing what I know is my vocation: TEACHING religion in a Catholic School. 2. the fact that I am a 34 year old guy(though i look 26-27) who still has not found his soul mate, and the fear of staying alone in that sense.
Thank you all for your prayers: sincerely, misericordie: Jan.1, 2005.:confused: :crying:

Misriecordie,
You are in my prayers buddy

In Christ,
Brian

[quote=misericordie]Hello all. I want to ask all of you o please pray for me. I have been feeling so down and depressed lately, and I feel this inner void of which it seems nothing has been able to get me out of. I think that part of the problem is due to two things: 1. I cannot seem to find a job doing what I know is my vocation: TEACHING religion in a Catholic School. 2. the fact that I am a 34 year old guy(though i look 26-27) who still has not found his soul mate, and the fear of staying alone in that sense.
Thank you all for your prayers: sincerely, misericordie: Jan.1, 2005.:confused: :crying:
[/quote]

Ditto what Brian said. I’ll keep you in my prayers too. Don’t despair. You can do much teaching here. But I’ll pray that you fulfill your vocation. God bless! Happy 2005!

[quote=misericordie]Hello all. I want to ask all of you o please pray for me. I have been feeling so down and depressed lately, and I feel this inner void of which it seems nothing has been able to get me out of. I think that part of the problem is due to two things: 1. I cannot seem to find a job doing what I know is my vocation: TEACHING religion in a Catholic School. 2. the fact that I am a 34 year old guy(though i look 26-27) who still has not found his soul mate, and the fear of staying alone in that sense.
[/quote]

You are in my prayers!! Don’t give up hope!!

Done! My best to you. Keep praying, keep believing. You’ll be o.k. :slight_smile: Happy new year!

Thank you all, I am so thankful to all your prayers. I am so happy because I cannot belive that you guys responded so fast and are so caring(I say this with all my heart). Thanks my dear brothers and sisters, sincerely thanks. Hopefully all will work out for me.

[quote=misericordie]Thank you all, I am so thankful to all your prayers. I am so happy because I cannot believe that you guys responded so fast and are so caring(I say this with all my heart). Thanks my dear brothers and sisters, sincerely thanks. Hopefully all will work out for me.
[/quote]

Mercy:

I just ran into this. Although I’ve read a few of your posts before.

I can only tell you that I’ve been where you are. Find someone you can talk to and talk to them about what’s bothering you. If you have a Confessor in your parish, that’s better still.

Find something useful in the meantime, even if it’s just reading at the Sunday Masses and being a Acolyte or being a Sunday school teacher, or volunteering at a senior center.

And, remember, this, too, shall pass, even if it takes a year.

And meanwhile:

*“May the Lord bless you and keep you; may the Lord cause his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; may the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and grant you peace.” *

Numbers 6:24-26

And, of course, I’ll keep you in my prayers, although it would help if I knew your first name. What is it?

In HIm, Michael

[quote=Traditional Ang]Mercy:

I just ran into this. Although I’ve read a few of your posts before.

I can only tell you that I’ve been where you are. Find someone you can talk to and talk to them about what’s bothering you. If you have a Confessor in your parish, that’s better still.

Find something useful in the meantime, even if it’s just reading at the Sunday Masses and being a Acolyte or being a Sunday school teacher, or volunteering at a senior center.

And, remember, this, too, shall pass, even if it takes a year.

And meanwhile:

*“May the Lord bless you and keep you; may the Lord cause his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; may the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and grant you peace.” *

Numbers 6:24-26

And, of course, I’ll keep you in my prayers, although it would help if I knew your first name. What is it?

In HIm, Michael
[/quote]

I would prefer just to use the name I use here: “misericordie.” Thanks for your prayers.

I’ll be praying for you, too. Here in nw Ohio, they are usually crying for teachers in the Catholic schools, mostly because they don’t pay as much as the public ones. Maybe you could re-locate.

Misericordie,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Employ your Guardian Angel to look out for you and to take care of things.
Never forget the never failing and all-powerful Intercession of Our Blessed Mother.

You have certainly shown us all that you can teach well my friend! I am a teacher and I too desire one day to teach religion but the forces are against me too. I was given a class this year and it lasted only 4 weeks before it ws removed again :frowning: Something to do with being too orthodox. Never mind God knows best.

I sincerely suggest entrusting all to Our Lady of Fatima.
I went of pilgrimage to Fatima in '92 petioning for a permanent teaching job. when I got home a letter was waiting for me to attend for an interview in a school called ROSARY College. When I turned up and opened the front door to greet me was a beautiful statue of Our Lady of Fatima! Guess what??? Yup I was made permanent there in '92. See all the conections?
I have moved schools since but never forget the great things received from God through Our Lady of Fatima’s intercession.

Today is the Feast of Mary Mother of God. It is also the First Saturday of the month so special to all devotees of Our Lady of Fatima. Maybe its time to start today?
My prayers are with you my friend.

I am praying for you. Stay with the Lord.

Happy New Year, and you will be in my prayers this year. I alternate the 54 day rosary novena for two of my favorite requests. I pray for Mary to interceede with jobs for my family and friends that are looking, and then I pray that my grown children find spouses that are Catholic. I add any friends that I meet on the forums, so consider yourself added to both of my novenas. I am just finishing the jobs one and will start the relationship one in a few weeks.

I have a daughter that works in a Catholic school teaching. It is her first year. They usually do have openings every year so get your resumes out there. She is happy at her school and I am thrilled for her to be in the system.

misericordie,

Count upon my prayers as well sir, but don’t let go.
You have a great treasure http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/chest.gif and the Holy Spirit is there to comfort you. recognize this for what it really is: a spiritual warfare that needs your faithful prayers as your weapons of war. My two favorites are The Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet and they always seem to work without fail.
Hold fast Brother, we’re with you all the way!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/AR15firing.gif http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cannon+01.gif http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/flamethrower.gif

Happy New Year, misericordie ! :slight_smile:

:gopray2: Prayers are on their way! :gopray2:

It is understandable that you feel depressed when you are out of work (can’t do what you feel qualified to do) and feel alone because you have not found your special soulmate, yet!!!

Hope you don’t mind advice:

As you know one of the mainsymptoms of depression is fatigue. And as you also know ( I suppose) one of the maintraps to fall in for a depressed person, is to feel so tired that one forgets to eat and drink properly, forgets to do physical exersises (swim, walk, ride a bike or something else). The depression is worsend because of the “extra fatigue” that is a consequence of the low physical activity and of vitamin deficiency & problems with the fluid balance.

So, hope you can see this as a friendly reminder (so you don’t get stuck in a worsend depression). :slight_smile:

1. Don’t forget your showers (many depressive usually forgets) or to keep your home in order (helps you feel the WORTH you have as one of Gods beloved creatures).
  2. Try to make a scedule for the day and keep it!
  3. Fill a bottle with water (1 1/2 litre) to have in the cooler. (Helps you to control that you keep the fluid balance high enough).
  4. Eat at least three **fixed ** meals each day (The fixed meals help you not to forget to eat).
  5. Choose a physical activity that you used to like before you got depressed and **do it ** (scedule it)!
  6. Stay in bed at night even if you have trouble in sleeping (keeps the routine and helps in the long run).
  7. Get out of bed at the same time every morning (keeps the routine and helps in the long run).
  8. Find someone to support you, friend, priest or therapist!!!
  9. Remember your prayers and go often to Mass to recieve the Holy Eucarist!

Some books to read for a depressed catholic:

catholictherapists.com/books.asp

Do not give up hope and continue your job hunting according to your qualifications! Work is good and one of the wonderful gifts God gave us (Genesis). It might be that you will benefit from doing some other type of work while you continue your job hunting according to your qualifications. :thumbsup:

About missing a soulmate for the rest of your life you are not alone. But there is hope! :thumbsup:

avemariasingles.com/

catholicsingles.com/testimonial1_images.html

catholicmatch.com/

catholicmingle.com/

Wish you everything good! :slight_smile:

:angel1: Will you do me a favour , please? Pray for my needs for a month or two (God knows them)!

God bless!

G.Grace

You know you are in my prayers! I know how depressing it can be to be alone. Trust in God… Also, have you thought about moving to find a job? We can use some good orthodox teachers out here in California. :slight_smile:

Ask and you shall recieve. One Hail Mary said by me for you Miserecorie. More on the way for the rest of the you too.

Hi Mis,

Happy New Year to you! You already know that you are in my prayers…

Of course I’ll keep you in prayer. But remember that our duty is to trust in our God. In Jeremiah 29:11, we are told that God has plans for our benefit. Our job is to trust in Him and allow Him to work His will in us. You have been given many good suggestions, so I won’t add any more. Just know that God loves you and so do I!

Peace,
Linda

BTW, I’ve heard of several people who had good luck with the
Catholic singles groups online. I think one was St. Raphael.net

[quote=misericordie]I would prefer just to use the name I use here: “misericordie.” Thanks for your prayers.
[/quote]

misericordie:

I translated your name because - A.I’m a miserable typist & B. That’s pretty much the extent of my Latin.

You do have my prayers.It’s just that my parish has a prayer list for those of us who are Looking for Jobs (including yours truly), but they don’t accept obvious screen names. So, I couldn’t get this one past the Webmistress.

I’m glad to see that my instincts about you as a teacher have been confirmed by our fellow posters and Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Take Care.

Michael

Hi Misericordie: You will certainly be in my prayers… Finding
a job would certainly worry me and with reason; but trust in what
God has in mind for you; maybe you should seek other job opportunities in the meantime… Finding a mate
will come, you’ll see, you are still so very young… I feel that the
longer you wait today the better are your chances in staying
married; as you’ll both be more matured:):).

Don’t forget that one can feel lonely even when there is someone
by your side… I think that the Holiday’s play havoc on our
emotions. I will add you to my Rosary tonight. Be happy,
God love’s you and you have a friend here if you need it…
Angel hugs,Coco

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.