I need prayers for heart symptoms

The past few months I have had worsening periods of lightheadedness and almost passing out (I've been having problems with this for years... it's just getting to where it's interfering with my life), which is much worse when I'm at Mass (I imagine the changes in positions, ie standing, sitting, and kneeling, aren't helping). Plus, I have been so terribly exhausted that I have trouble getting out of bed most mornings... some days, I've slept most of the day. There have been several other distressing symptoms, and I have been referred to a cardiologist.

I have been failing miserably not worrying. I'm sure most people experiencing what I have been would be very worried, too, but to paraphrase from St. Matthew Ch 6, who, by worrying, can add a day to their life? If only I could actually start believing that..

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Child

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Prayers promised

Praying hard for your complete recovery.

Praying that you have a good doctor to diagnose the problem and help you treat it effectively ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Amen

Thank you everyone for your prayers…

I had a cardiologist appointment yesterday and I was diagnosed with a fairly debilitating, but usually not fatal (I’m more likely to win the lottery or be struck by lighting) syndrome, called postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome… basically, my pulse races whenever I stand up. There are also other symptoms, such as nearly fainting (or even fainting), exhaustion, chest pain, blood pooling in my limbs (which turns them purple or blue and makes them swell), cognative impairment (now explains why at times I can’t even remember an Act of Contrition)… among other symptoms… everything that I have been experiencing recently are explained by this.

It’s somewhat strange being happy to be diagnosed with a fairly debilitating syndrome, but my thought pattern is something like this: I would still be sick, experiencing symptoms, and just generally miserable regardless of being diagnosed. At least now, I am working on having the symptoms (though not the disease, since there is no treatment for that) treated and managed, I’m not constantly questioning my sanity, and I know now that I’m not just a lazy bum, that the days that I’ve slept almost all day is a result of this condition, and not of any personal failure or character flaw. Plus, knowing what I’m offering up, to me at least, makes it a bit easier to offer up.

Again, thanks to everyone for your prayers… I still am asking for some more as I learn how to deal and manage this illness.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.