I need prayers! Hoping I made the right decision!

My sister is back on Meth. Since I found out, I have had no contact with her. (This was because I was told that I should not talk to her through a councelor because I would be “saying it was ok.”) Anyway, I wrote her a letter today. I had to tell her how dissapointed I was with her, but that I was still here for her to get her through this addiction. I let her know that I loved her and that I was praying for her. I also let her know that she could not come to my house while she was doing it as I did not want it to affect my children or me.

I reminded her of they way this stuff affected her life so long ago. (she lost 4 of her children to addoption). I told her that I was ashamed of her but that I wanted to help her get help. Then I left it up to her to call me and let me know. I told her not to get a hold of me until she was ready. But, I also reminded her that I did not want to lose her through this addiction. Did I make the right decision, or did I make a big mistake.

Please help my pray for her and her son.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour
of our death.
Amen

Chaplet of Saint Maximilian Kolbe patron saint against addiction:

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for those who have recourse to thee, and those who have no recourse, especially the enemies of the Church, and those whom we recommend to thee.

Saint Maximilian pray for us!

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for those who have recourse to thee, and those who have no recourse, especially the enemies of the Church, and those whom we recommend to thee.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto Thee, O virgin of virgins, my Mother. To Thee I come, before Thee I kneel, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

I struggle with these same issues. My brother and his wife are both alcoholics and drug addicts. We’ve also had to do the “tough love” thing and tell them we really don’t want them around us or our children until they get some help. We remind them every once in awhile that we’re praying for them (by e-mail or letter), and that we will be there to support them when they decide to get help, but we really have no contact with them. It’s very hard and it feels very un-Christian, but in Matthew’s Gospel, Ch. 18 vs. 15 - 17, it addresses approaching your brother if he sins against you. If he doesn’t listen, you take one or two others with you to approach him. Then you ask the church to approach him (which we have had their priest talk to them), and if he still doesn’t listen, then “let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.”

It sounds like you have addressed the problem, asked your sister to get help, protected your family, and continue to pray for her. Seems to me you have done the loving thing, even though it doesn’t feel like it sometimes.

God bless you and your family. All those who suffer from addiction are in my daily prayers. :signofcross:

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Holy Spirit sometimes Your inspirations are a two-edged sword. I ask the fullness of Your mercy and power on this family. Please.

Praying for your sister. Also praying for you to be lead by the Holy Spirit.

Praying for your sister.
God bless

praying
grandma glor

Praying very hard for them!

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.