I need prayers more than anyone right now

I’m new here, my name is Jason. I searched on google for some type of religious help, I guess and I got linked here. Let me give you a background of myself so you understand where I’m coming from.

I’m 16 years old and I come from a middle class background I guess you could say. Basically, where I need help is in the racism department. When I was 13, my brother was beaten badly by four African-Americans at the California State Fair. He suffered a broken jaw and had two of his vertebrae shattered by a broken bottle of Old English. He did nothing wrong and I believe he was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong skin color. I have never forgiven the African-American community for what they did that night. Even today, every single time I see a black person the bus next to me or at school, I consistently feel an immense amount of hatred towards that person. I have to basically refrain myself from saying “Edited.” I know this is bad language and I shouldn’t use it but I feel the pressure of my past has grabbed a hold of my mind like Edited. Outbursts such as these have consistently gotten me in trouble and I truly regret it. (School suspensions, fights, etc) I know it’s terribly wrong for me to say the things I say and believe in what I believe but the power of hatred is too strong for me right now. I really need any prayers I can get and I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks everyone.

• Jason

Praying for you!

Prayers for you. Remember that black people are beaten and attacked all the time by people of other races too. How would you feel if you were blamed and hated and abused, for example, for the infamous beating of Rodney King (African-American) by a bunch of white policemen?

From the information you’ve given us, you don’t even know that the attack on your brother was racially motivated at all, it’s just as likely that the attackers were just hooligans who would as soon attack another black as anyone else. It doesn’t make sense in such a situation to dislike them for the colour of their skin, which very likely played no part in their crime.

Take your cue from Jesus who even as He was being crucified prayed for forgiveness for those who were crucifying Him. Ask Him to help you be as He was at that moment.

I ask the Holy Spirit to give you a spirit of forgiveness.
Jesus told us to pray for our enemies. If you see African Americans as enemies, Jason, then Jesus is asking you to pray for them.
I understand that you have been very hurt by this attack on your brother. Tell Jesus you can’t forgive his attackers, so will He please help you. But hard as it might seem, please say ‘amen’ to this prayer.

"Jesus I need Your help to forgive those African Americans for their terrible attack on my brother. They injured him so badly and I am so angry about it. I feel angry for all the damage their attack has done his life. I feel angry because they affect my life so much and I feel angry with every African American I see.

I give all my anger to You and ask You to take it away any time I feel like that. Jesus although it’s hard for me to say it I ask You to change the hearts of those people who attacked my brother, and take theri cruelty and hate away from them. Jesus I pray for all African Americans. Please help me not to blame every one of them for my brother’s injuries and suffering.**."

Jason I hope and pray that each time you feel those feelings of anger again, you will pray, as Jesus asks, for these people who at those times you see as enemies. Please take care of yourself…and I hope you find peace. In asking for our prayers dear Jason, you took the first step. God bless you for that.

I will keep you and your brother in my prayers. I do hope he is well and strong again.
Warm regards, Trishie

Praying for you Jason. You’re taking an important step in wanting to put this behind you and not wanting to turn into some kind of angry racist. Will also pray for your brother.

Pray for peace and the ability to forgive or at least not blame innocent people who were not responsible for this cruel action.

Prayers promised for you.:gopray:

Praying!

Amen.

Praying for you and your brother, and also the people responsible for his injuries.

Hatred comes from Satan. Don’t let it enter you. Try to pray for the unknown person sitting next to you and leave judgement to God. I know that this is hard for you. But, you know that it wasn’t him who hurt your brother. Why try to hurt an innocent person based on the colour of his skin? God made the colours and all are beautiful to Him.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hi Jason,

I am so sorry for what happened to your brother and for how it has effected you. Please do not give in to hate. It’s ok to feel angry! What was done to your brother was horrible! It’s what you do with your anger that matters most. I’m so glad that you came here to vent. You are on the road to healing believe it or not. You have just taken the first step. What is it that you are most angry about? Is it because the people who beat your brother are black, or is it what they did to him that angers you most? If they were white would that change the way you feel right now? Ask youself these questions and see if that helps you put things in prespective.

I was very angry as a teenager. My father had very poor coping skills and would beat my brothers. I carried so much anger toward him that I would start fights with people for no reason. Eventually, I used drugs and alcohol to ease my pain because I turned that hatred inward. Find someone that you trust and tell that person what is going on with you.

Ask God to heal your pain and ease your burden. He is a loving and merciful God and longs to hear from you. There is no one on the face of this earth that loves you more than him!

I will certainly be praying for you, Jason. My prayer is that you find peace. Hopefully, you will be able to pray for those young boys who assulted your brother. God bless you!

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying for you:crossrc:

My dear Jason. I’m praying so hard for you. You took the right step by reaching out and asking for help. Keep your focus on what is GOOD. we are on this earth for such a short time and God asks us to love one another and to obey his commandments. This is easier said than done but you sound like you would be wonderful if you get involved in your church activities for youths. I’m praying for you and praying some more. I know it’s hard in this world. When I was growing up I wasn’t very popular and back then it was so bad I didn’t want to go to school. I was not Catholic at that time and once I became active in Church and turned to God my life got a lot easier. I actually found out that I could pray for those that were mean to me …and it helped. Please stay strong dear and know that many many people here at the Forum are praying for you and your life will turn around. Don’t let the Devil win with those bad words…and those bad thoughts. Stay strong and PRAY. We all love you and I’ll keep you in my prayers.
Diane

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.