I need prayers please...

Hello all,
I am feeling very lost. I feel like God has stopped listening to my prayers. I am a teacher without a job. I was teaching in a Catholic school when it closed and I have been unable to get find a new one. I have been substitute teaching for 4 years but am having financial difficulties and feel like I will have to give up my dream of teaching to get a different field of job. Everyone tells me what an amazing teacher I am and how blessed any school would be to have me. My students love me-some come to my home and visit on the front porch just to stay connected to me. I am just so confused as to WHY God would give me this talent and blessing of being a teacher and yet not allow me to use it??
I currently have sent out resumes to 3 schools who are hiring-and ironically they are all "St Mary's" schools, so I have been praying to the Blessed Mother for her intervention.
My husband was diagnosed with Cancer last year and our finances are in VERY dire straights right now... my poor dog has injured his leg and needs an expensive surgery, yet I can't afford to have that done right now. I feel like everything is closing in on me, and that my prayers aren't being heard.
I have prayed for guidance-that if my "plan" didn't match Gods plan that he show me the way...
Please pray for my husband, my peace of mind, and that I may get a job which allows me to share my faith and talents that God has given me.
Thank you so much!

My deepest sympathies for your husband and all the troubles you are facing. I think the questions you are asking are very common, Often we feel God should "fix" our problems that he will put the answers before us clearly without doubt. However, this isn't nessecarily how it works. God often gives us strength to "carry on" during those tough times we face in our lives not the solutions to those problems.

I am and have faced some rough times during my own life. I was homless for two years and struggled with alcoholism. I have gone thru a messy divorce and currently face some serious health issues. Thru all of this my faith has never wavered, it has given me an anchor and strength to carry on and rise above. Don't look for answers or solutions ask for strength and wisdom to carry on and you may be surprised.

I often think of the Garth Brooks song "I Thank God for Unanswered Prayers." He is at a high school reunion and sees an old girlfriend that he allways prayed to God that they would be together for the rest of thier lives. He then looks at the life he has now, his wife and kids, and is thankful and grateful his prayers were never answered. I think it is a good analogy to this thread.

Do not loose faith ask for strength and wisdom to get thru this. Life is never easy but God is there with us thru it all. You and your family will be in my prayers. God bless.

Praying for you and your pursuit of a teaching job and for your husband.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying hard.

MrsCarroll

Do not despair, I am sure that God has not stopped listening to your prayers. We are all faced with trials, perhaps beyond our human understanding. However, these difficulties are part of God’s plan for us no matter how difficult for us to understand.

I will share with you, that I to was a school teacher that was loved and praised by my collegues and students. However, my certification sponsor and principal for some reason decided I was too difficult on the students, too authoritative, requiring them to study and do Chemistry homework. Prior to this I had been a substitute with the same school in the long term for 3 years.

I loved teaching, and still do. Though, it has gotten increasingly more difficult to secure a teaching position, truly any position that would be considered gainful employment.

In the two years since, I have lost my credit, my marriage, my stepchildren and grandchildren, and pretty much everything I owned, as well as having to rely upon family to help cover my meager expenses.

Though I continue to pray everyday, I know that God hears me. How do I know this? My faith only continues to get stronger, and I feel His wonderful presence.

I will pray for you, that you continue to have faith and strength to endure these trials, as well as for your husband.

Know that you are loved, and you will not be left alone.

God Bless you!

PFYou !!!

MrsCarroll, I found this in my prayers and thought of you.

Dear Heavenly Father, it is my heart’s desire to hear from You.
I hunger and thirst to hear Your Voice.
I have a deep longing to know Your divine will.
For I know that You sometimes speak in low whispers,
So please help me to get closer to You.
The world is full of voices of fear, doubt and cynicism,
But I thank You that You will continue to help me silence all these faithless voices.
Please continue to speak to me afresh everyday.
I feel better about things when I focus my soul to heaven,
For I know that I can always receive a word from You.
So I will face this day with confidence knowing that You are close to me.
You are my hope, my peace, my joy and inspiration.
I thank You Lord that I can do all things because You are the source of my strength.
Amen.

May our Lord Bless you, your husband and dog.

Lord, have mercy +
Will be praying for you!!

God Bless

Remembering you and your husband in my daily prayers. God bless :console:

Dear Father you have closed a door, please open a window, fast. Mrs Carroll needs your help now. her finances, husbands health, her dog....... please be there for her and let her know and feel your Presence. Her gifts are great but her hands are empty. show her the way and bless her and her family. let her feel joy again and be even more useful to you.
In Jesus Name, amen
:gopray:

:gopray2:

But I thank You that You will continue to help me silence all these faithless voices.
I thank You Lord that I can do all things because You are the source of my strength.
Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

Amen.

Prayed for you. :gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.