I Need Prayers...

I feel as though I’ve been going astray lately in my relationship with Christ. :frowning: It doesn’t feel the same as it did when I had first begun. My zeal feals empty. I’ve been away from church for SO LONG. I remember I used to see it as the most important thing… I’ve been cussing, and masturbating, and being malevolent… I miss Jesus.

Also, I have a stye. (Eye infection of some sort.) It hurts and itches and is driving me crazy! IT’S SO UGLY, TOO. :bighanky: Bless you.

May the Lord guide you and lead you home.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

**Don’t fall into sin.
I struggle each day to pray.
My life is chaos and I don’t feel God.
But don’t give up He’s there.

Lord, I believe; help my unbelief…**

When we live according to God’s laws because we “feel close to God” that is God’s gift to us.

When we live according to God’s laws even when we don’t “feel close to God,” that’s our gift to God.

God gives us inner consolations (“feeling close to God”) when He’s trying to teach us, like teaching a small baby to walk. We hold his/her hands and show them how to take steps. Eventually, though, we let go of his/her hands and let them take a step or two by themselves. That’s the equivalent of God seeing if we’ll do His will even when we don’t “feel” close to Him. He’s always there with us, though! :slight_smile:

Praying for your intention.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am praying for you. You are not alone as I have struggled with this more than once. Feeling close, falling into sin, feeling close, falling into sin. I always think of Jesus falling under the weight of the cross and ask Him to get me through it even though I know that the direction I am going in is wrong. It is a torment to have been convicted of and have awareness that what you are doing is grave and to not feel the love or zeal you once knew. I offer the suffering of that torment up in reparation for my sins and for other intentions and I hope and trust that He will show me a way out of the sin that I commit…again. In the meantime I resist when I can for Him and when I cannot or at times do not, I talk to Him, ask forgiveness, get to Confession and Mass, even when I am feeling non-repentant. I go in hopes that the graces will eventually remove my attachments or help give me the strength to turn away from my sins never to repeat them.

Edit: noticed after I posted that you are Baptist. I left the Confession and Mass part because that is what I do as a Catholic, but I think you can relate to the rest. God Bless you. Please pray for me, too.

Praying that God increases your Faith …

I just wanted to say thank you to those that prayed for me. :slight_smile: I truly believe God has answered your prayers. All problems I’ve had are fixed. Right out of the blue. Thank you.

Thank God.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.