I need some help in the next 30 min about Latin Mass!

I walked about half an hour to go to confesn only to find out they don’t have any today. So I am staying for the Latin mass to fulfill my obligation today.

I don’t think I have ever been to Latin Mass? What do I expect? Do I cover my head or something? Any thing different from a normal mass? I’m just sitting here in the church before it starts!

Please and God Bless

If you are female and have something to cover your head, you probably should, as it is customary. If you do not have anything, you do not have to. It is not necessary, but it is customary.

You should probably sit somewhere near the back or side of the church, and just do what everyone else does. It is no big deal. Just experience it and try to fit in.

Essentially the same…

Text of the Latin Mass (Both Rites)

latinliturgy.com/id18.htm

In the link you kindly provided the Ordinary Form of the Mass is the 1975 edition. This is no longer the Mass used. The Mass should follow the 2002 edition.

[quote="St_Stephen, post:4, topic:307705"]
In the link you kindly provided the Ordinary Form of the Mass is the 1975 edition. This is no longer the Mass used. The Mass should follow the 2002 edition.

[/quote]

I just realized that; my bad...:o

[quote="joe370, post:5, topic:307705"]
I just realized that; my bad...:o

[/quote]

I wonder if they have put an older version on that web site because of copyright issues with the current one.

How did it go this morning?

[quote="babochka, post:7, topic:307705"]
How did it go this morning?

[/quote]

It wasn't quite full, but it was..AWESOME!

I loooved the fact that there was no choir/instruments..it was just what i believe a group of priests singing beautifully. I have never been to one. It was a nice experience. Why do we no longer have mass like this?

the Latin Mass is awesomely beautiful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.