I need some public domain hymns or chants for my homework assignment

Hey guys, I kinda need some homework help. According to my homework assignment, I have to make a memoir where I write about something about my life and then have song lyrics to accompany it. For example, if a person has financial issues, their house is about to be foreclosed, they just got laid off, then a page in the memoir can be about this person’s financial struggle and the song lyrics that can accompany could be Rise Up by Matt Maher (Great song by the way. You can find it on Vevo). I could use copyrighted songs for my assignment and use the fair use defense, but I’d rather not. However, since I’m open about my faith, I’d like to use Gregorian Chant or Public Domain Liturgical Hymns. These are the topics I have to write about:

1. Someone who I admire or influenced me.
  2. An event that gave me a strong impression.
  3. An object that is significant to me.
  4. A place I enjoy, treasure, or appreciate.
  5. My personality

This is my partially completed proposed list.

1. The person that I admire is Pope Francis. Proposed songs: Salve Regina the chant (After all, he intends to consecrate the world to Mary), Hail, Holy Queen (ocp.org/products/90787)
    2)An event (undecided)

2. The object is the Rosary. Proposed Songs: Schubert’s Ave Maria, Immaculate Mary (ocp.org/compositions/239)

3. The place I treasure is the church. Proposed songs: Pange Lingua (ocp.org/compositions/302#tab:sheetmusic) (ocp.org/compositions/64910Gloria), Memorial Acclamations (OCP has ICEL chants that I can print for free. ocp.org/newmasssettings/resources), Tantum Ergo (ocp.org/compositions/64477#tab:sheetmusic)

4. My personality. I’m open with my faith. Proposed song: Be Thou my Vision (ocp.org/compositions/66146)

I’d like some song or chant suggestions so I can have more choices to decide a song.

By the way, are there any public domain hymns of St Patrick’s breastplate prayer (ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/patrick.htm) or St Francis’s Make me a Channel Prayer (ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/francis2.htm). Also, is there an Ave Maria chant out there?

And guys, please don’t make this a thread about “Screw OCP! What’s wrong with you for supporting it!? Is OCP really that bad, or are you that bad?” I don’t want this thread closed, and I don’t want sins committed. Besides, the homework is due August 21, 2013.

For more information about my assignment:sites.google.com/a/tuhsd.k12.az.us/crane/home/cd-memoir-assignment

I encourage you to read the rubric.

This is a tentative list, so I may pull some switcheroos.

Thanks, guys.

If you have a Facebook account, the songs/ hymns on this site are free to use, but whether or not you find what you wish...
.facebook.com/FaithSingMusic?ref=profile
You should be able to see the list of the songs/hymns here...faithsing.com/IBelieve.htm They're mostly privately written and the words are available...which could be needed if you don't understand the accent very well.

I hope you receive appropriate help with your assignment
God bless.

[quote="Inquiringperson, post:1, topic:336627"]
Hey guys, I kinda need some homework help. According to my homework assignment, I have to make a memoir where I write about something about my life and then have song lyrics to accompany it. For example, if a person has financial issues, their house is about to be foreclosed, they just got laid off, then a page in the memoir can be about this person's financial struggle and the song lyrics that can accompany could be Rise Up by Matt Maher (Great song by the way. You can find it on Vevo). I could use copyrighted songs for my assignment and use the fair use defense, but I'd rather not. However, since I'm open about my faith, I'd like to use Gregorian Chant or Public Domain Liturgical Hymns. These are the topics I have to write about:

1) Someone who I admire or influenced me.
2) An event that gave me a strong impression.
3) An object that is significant to me.
4) A place I enjoy, treasure, or appreciate.
5) My personality

1) The person that I admire is Pope Francis. Proposed songs: Salve Regina the chant (After all, he intends to consecrate the world to Mary), Hail, Holy Queen (ocp.org/products/90787)
2)An event (undecided)

3) The object is the Rosary. Proposed Songs: Schubert's Ave Maria, Immaculate Mary (ocp.org/compositions/239)

4) The place I treasure is the church. Proposed songs: Pange Lingua (ocp.org/compositions/302#tab:sheetmusic) (ocp.org/compositions/64910), Gloria/Memorial Acclamations (OCP has ICEL chants that I can print for free. ocp.org/newmasssettings/resources), Tantum Ergo (ocp.org/compositions/64477#tab:sheetmusic)

5) My personality. I'm open with my faith. Proposed song: Be Thou my Vision (ocp.org/compositions/66146)

I'd like some song or chant suggestions so I can have more choices to decide a song.

By the way, are there any public domain hymns of St Patrick's breastplate prayer (ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/patrick.htm) or St Francis's Make me a Channel Prayer (ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/francis2.htm). Also, is there an Ave Maria chant out there?

And guys, please don't make this a thread about "Screw OCP! What's wrong with you for supporting it!? Is OCP really that bad, or are you that bad?" I don't want this thread closed, and I don't want sins committed. Besides, the homework is due August 21, 2013.

For more information about my assignment:sites.google.com/a/tuhsd.k12.az.us/crane/home/cd-memoir-assignment

Thanks, guys.

[/quote]

Made an edit.

[quote="Inquiringperson, post:1, topic:336627"]
Hey guys, I kinda need some homework help. According to my homework assignment, I have to make a memoir where I write about something about my life and then have song lyrics to accompany it. For example, if a person has financial issues, their house is about to be foreclosed, they just got laid off, then a page in the memoir can be about this person's financial struggle and the song lyrics that can accompany could be Rise Up by Matt Maher (Great song by the way. You can find it on Vevo). I could use copyrighted songs for my assignment and use the fair use defense, but I'd rather not. However, since I'm open about my faith, I'd like to use Gregorian Chant or Public Domain Liturgical Hymns. These are the topics I have to write about:

1) Someone who I admire or influenced me.
2) An event that gave me a strong impression.
3) An object that is significant to me.
4) A place I enjoy, treasure, or appreciate.
5) My personality

1) The person that I admire is Pope Francis. Proposed songs: Salve Regina the chant (After all, he intends to consecrate the world to Mary), Hail, Holy Queen (ocp.org/products/90787)
2)An event (undecided)

3) The object is the Rosary. Proposed Songs: Schubert's Ave Maria, Immaculate Mary (ocp.org/compositions/239)

4) The place I treasure is the church. Proposed songs: Pange Lingua (ocp.org/compositions/302#tab:sheetmusic) (ocp.org/compositions/64910Gloria), Memorial Acclamations (OCP has ICEL chants that I can print for free. ocp.org/newmasssettings/resources), Tantum Ergo (ocp.org/compositions/64477#tab:sheetmusic)

5) My personality. I'm open with my faith. Proposed song: Be Thou my Vision (ocp.org/compositions/66146)

I'd like some song or chant suggestions so I can have more choices to decide a song.

By the way, are there any public domain hymns of St Patrick's breastplate prayer (ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/patrick.htm) or St Francis's Make me a Channel Prayer (ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/francis2.htm). Also, is there an Ave Maria chant out there?

And guys, please don't make this a thread about "Screw OCP! What's wrong with you for supporting it!? Is OCP really that bad, or are you that bad?" I don't want this thread closed, and I don't want sins committed. Besides, the homework is due August 21, 2013.

Thanks, guys.

[/quote]

I don't understand why you don't do your own work.
You can google all of the things that you are asking of others.
Part of your assignment is to find the music yourself.

[quote="opus101, post:4, topic:336627"]
I don't understand why you don't do your own work.
You can google all of the things that you are asking of others.
Part of your assignment is to find the music yourself.

[/quote]

Clarification: I'm trying to find hymns that could fit each theme. There may be some hymns that I have never heard of that may fit the theme better than the ones I have chosen. If that is the case, then I will use that hymn. I'm not trying to make you guys do my work.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.