I need someone REAL to talk to

Elaborate more … :slight_smile:

Well, as far as I can tell at least 60%, maybe more, of the people who post here on CAF are real people. So…does that count? What kind of ‘real’ person are you looking to talk to and about what?

Like Sina said…elaborate please:)

I think he is looking for someone to talk to on the phone or email instead of posting on this forum…

sometimes when u r going through something very painful, you will need to hear a human voice…

correct me if i am wrong… phantom…

God bless

Perhaps this from the Ask An Apologist forum might help you:

6. If you need an immediate answer, consider submitting your question to one of the other forums here. Our forum members may be able to answer it. Alternatively, you can contact our staff apologists by phone by calling Catholic Answers at 619-387-7200 (Mon-Fri, 9 A.M. to 4 P.M. Pacific).

I called my former parish 275 miles away and found a priest to talk to on the phone. I had tried 5 Catholic Churches within 20 miles of me and hadn’;t found one priest to talk to…(near Salina, ks) I dumped on him for about a half hour and feel a little better. I will keep that number for next time, just so I don’t have to dump on the same people all the time. I had deleted the text of my post before I logged off and started making phone calls again. Thanks

You could also try Catholic Charities. I hope you’re doing alright.

check out contacts for staff on the CA homepage, including Fr. Serpa, who often invites those who ask questions on the AAA forum to contact him privately.

another possible resource is the EWTN Q&A (under Faith) which also gives contact info for many of the priests. these are probalby email rather than phone, but nowdays that may be a quicker way to get an answer

I noticed that you have your private message feature turned off, but if you want to chat with me, feel free to send me a PM. I can’t talk much during work hours East Coast time, but I’d be happy to let you vent to me any other time.

I’ve been there. I’ve moved around enough to find myself in new towns with no friends, or what friends I did have all grew up and faded away. But there are thousands of people out there, probably millions, who feel disconnected from anyone else. It takes a little bit of time to find them, sometimes, but not to worry–there are people who care. I’m one of them.

How do i turn on my private message feature?

Go to your profile (should be a link at the top of the page).

On the left-hand side there’s an option under “Control Panel” called “Edit Options.”

Scroll down to the Private Messaging section and make sure the check box for PMs is active.

I may not have described some of the words exactly, but I found it in a few seconds. Holler if you have any trouble.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.