I need to find this passage, quickly

The passage in the new Testament in which it says (paraphrasing from memory) that Christ was equal with the Father but chose to set aside His equality in order to be born among us.
My search skills are failing me and I’m in a dispute with someone who insists that Jesus said He was not equal with the Father, and that this applies to His eternal status.
Can anyone point me to the passage, or at least the right book of the NT?

Philippians 2:5-8

Philippians Ch.2

[BIBLEDRB]6 Who,* though he was in the form of God,d
did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.*
7 Rather, he emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
coming in human likeness;*
and found human in appearance,e
8 he humbled himself,f
becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross.*
9 Because of this, God greatly exalted him
and bestowed on him the name*
that is above every name,g
10 that at the name of Jesus
every knee should bend,*
of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,h
11 and every tongue confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord,*
to the glory of God the Father.*(“http://www.usccb.org/bible/philippians/2/#58002011-i”)
[/BIBLEDRB]
Is this what you are thinking of?

In the Gospel of John (14:28), Christ does state that the Father is greater. This has traditionally been understood to refer to the fact that the Father begets the Son, not that the Son is not consubstantial with the Father, and not that the Son is not co-eternal with the Father.

My thanks to you, all three. I’ve sent my argument to my friend - now let’s see what he makes of it.

If you’re discussing with a Jehovah’s Witness then their translation will read like this:

5Keep this mental attitude in ​YOU​ that was also in Christ Jesus,6who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.7No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and came to be in the likeness of men.8More than that, when he found himself in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient as far as death, yes, death on a torture stake.9For this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every [other] name,

If your friend is a JW ask him where in the Greek he gets the word, “other”

1 colossians 1:16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. (NIV)

because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All** [other]** things have been created through him and for him. (NWT JW Bible)

biblehub.com/text/colossians/1-16.htm

There is no word, “other” this was done intentionally by the people who made the NWT and it’s a big flaw. Why are they inserting words into Paul’s letters in order to fit their beliefs?**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.