I need to get my Grandfather out of the Masonic order

Can somebody please tell me if you can find anything occult or anti-Chrsitian in any of these online books: sacred-texts.com/mas/omtx/index.htm because my Grandpa insists that Masons are just a fraternal organization. However I, after reading a thread and reaserching them more, concluded that there is something suspicious about the freemasons. I’ve showed him the Vatican’s order but he says it has no backing and that many Catholics are in Freemaonsry (which he is probably right it appears innocent on the outside). Please I need undeniable, irrefutable proof that Freemasonry is anti-Christian.

You can read the masonic rituals here:

scripturecatholic.com/three_degrees.html

One thing to notice is the symbolic language used that by receiving the secrets of the masonic lodge that the person will be brought into the light:

Mr. A.B., who has long been in darkness, and now seeks to be brought to light, and to receive a part in the rights and benefits of this Worshipful Lodge, erected to God, and dedicated to the Holy Saints John, as all brothers and fellows have done before.

This is a direct contradiction of Christ. Christ says, I am the Light of the world, and yet the masonic lodge claims that their mysteries will bring one out of darkness and into the light.

Also notice in the rituals that nowhere is Christ mentioned.

Why would people make oaths to not reveal secret handshakes and secret mysteries if they are nothing more than mere ritual?

The fact of having to take such dire oaths for such trivial things as pass words and handshakes is also problematic for them.

These things may seem trivial to the casual observer, but if you look into the symbolism and what those symbols signify, they contradict the gospel. If God’s revelation to mankind is from the Scriptures and Tradition (or Scriptures alone if you are a protestant), then masonry denies this revelation because you have to go to masonry to be enlightened. This smacks of gnosticism.

[quote=Chazemataz] … that many Catholics are in Freemaonsry …
[/quote]

Ask him if many Catholics jump off the bridge into the fires of hell, will he follow them?

If I remember correctly the Knights of Columbus was started to have a Catholic group for Catholic men to join. I think years ago I had read something on excomunication and the masons. But prayer and sacrifice may get you a lot farther then ask God to do the rest. He will guide you and your grandfather. It is amazing what God will do when we allow him and pray hard enough for these things. The paperwork your looking for may turn up at his house, the Holy Spirit may enlighten him in another way. Pray, Trust and Sacrifice.

Good luck to you. My father in law is a mason, but he’s also Methodist, soooo I don’t think I have a lot to work with. will keep trying, though :slight_smile:

[quote=Toni]If I remember correctly the Knights of Columbus was started to have a Catholic group for Catholic men to join. I think years ago I had read something on excomunication and the masons. But prayer and sacrifice may get you a lot farther then ask God to do the rest. He will guide you and your grandfather. It is amazing what God will do when we allow him and pray hard enough for these things. The paperwork your looking for may turn up at his house, the Holy Spirit may enlighten him in another way. Pray, Trust and Sacrifice.
[/quote]

He is also a member of the Knights of Columbus too, which I want to join when I grow up.

Have him tell his Grand Knight that he is also a mason and see what he is told in reply. If he isn’t ashamed of his mason membership, then there should be no reason why he wouldn’t tell this to the Grand Knight. Maybe his Grand Knight can talk some sense into him.

There are some things about the Free Masons that are problematic but your grandfather is right in that in America the Free Masons tend to be little more than a Good’ol Boys club. This was not always the case though.

In Europe and South America the Free Masons have conspired to do damage to the Catholic Church in the past and overall it is an anti-Catholic organization that teaches that all religions are equal.

So although in America the Free Masons are for the most part nonmalignant the Catholic Church still does not allow its members to be Masons.

I assume that your Grandfather is Catholic. If he is it is easy in the fact that you can show him the relevant Catholic documents outlining the prohibition of joining the Messianic Order. If after knowing the Catholic Laws on the issue he continues to participate he is committing a grave and mortal sin – I assume that he knows what the consequences for doing so without forgiveness and repentance would be…

:gopray2: :gopray: : :amen: :blessyou:

Pray, Pray, Pray!!!

I would suggest getting him a copy of Christianity and American Freemasonry by William J. Whalen and, very respectfully, ask him to discuss with you what Mr. Whalen writes. (Read it yourself first, so you can ask insightful questions.)

That being said, if your grandfather is a Mason of long standing, particularly if he is committed to the charitable aspects of the lodge and pays little attention to the spiritual/theological side, you may not make much headway.

Don’t despair for your grandfather. In the end, the Lord will judge us not so much by whether we heard His word, but rather by whether we kept His word. Remember the parable of the two sons, one of whom said “I will do as you say” then did as he pleased, and the other who said “I will do as I please” then did what the father wanted.

[quote=Chazemataz]Can somebody please tell me if you can find anything occult or anti-Chrsitian in any of these online books: sacred-texts.com/mas/omtx/index.htm because my Grandpa insists that Masons are just a fraternal organization. However I, after reading a thread and reaserching them more, concluded that there is something suspicious about the freemasons. I’ve showed him the Vatican’s order but he says it has no backing and that many Catholics are in Freemaonsry (which he is probably right it appears innocent on the outside). Please I need undeniable, irrefutable proof that Freemasonry is anti-Christian.
[/quote]

The most powerful weapon we have is the the precious Body and Blood of Jesus,please have Masses said for his with the intention of getting him out of the masons.I will pray for him,I promise you I will pray.Have Masses said for him.God Bless you,Lisa

I sent him an email and with this Vatican speech: catholicism.org/pages/jouin.htm that is the most powerful speech I’ve ever heard the Vatican say! Well, here is the response I got:

Hi little buddy! I got your email and I can tell that you got American Freemasonry mixed up with the Scottish Rite. If it makes you feel any better, I haven’t gone to any Masonic meeting in 3 years. I got mad at what they were saying: they said Lucifer means the same thing as Jesus! I got mad and left and haven’t went back in 3 years, as I didn’t join to have some sort of disscussion about whether Jesus was Lucifer or not.

Anyways, most of what you say is only PARTIALLY TRUE> Masons take an oath over the Bible that they cant reveal any of Masonry’s “secrets” (which are only small things like passwords and handshakes; but also they have a connection with people in the government and know many things beforehand). The rituals you described and the war between the Papacy and Masonry is not about American Masonry, which is harmless I can assure you, no scary rituals or anything. It is about the Scottish Rite and the Vatican.
The Scottish Rite of Freemasonry are so secretive and anti-Catholic that its frightining! Its for that reason why I refuse to advance in my dgrees any further. In America the cut-off for standard freemasonry is 3rd degree, Master Mason. Then to advance any further you hav to be initiated with tthat odd ritual you described, then they get even more mysterious. there is a secret organization called the OTO which they claim isn’t afiliated with masonry but… it is. It is connected with the higher degrees of masonry. The evil “order of baphoment” uses black magick and contacts demons and seek to destroy Catholicism and Christianity in general. a cardinal was a member of OTO and was one of the canidates for a next Pope a long time ago but got kicked out because he was a member of this evil order.

American Freemasonry and the scottish rite are completely different. God bless Love Grandpa H

Tell him that the Church automaticly excomunicates Catholics who become freemasons.

My dear friend…have your grandfather renounce freemasonry and to confess this in a sacramental way. Because he is excommunicated ipse facto and needs absolution to regain membership with Mother Church.

God bless you for your wonderful courage and love of Christ! I certainly commend you and you are an inspiration to all of us…:clapping:

[quote=Chazemataz]Can somebody please tell me if you can find anything occult or anti-Chrsitian in any of these online books: sacred-texts.com/mas/omtx/index.htm because my Grandpa insists that Masons are just a fraternal organization. However I, after reading a thread and reaserching them more, concluded that there is something suspicious about the freemasons. I’ve showed him the Vatican’s order but he says it has no backing and that many Catholics are in Freemaonsry (which he is probably right it appears innocent on the outside). Please I need undeniable, irrefutable proof that Freemasonry is anti-Christian.
[/quote]

Isn’t your granfdfather old enough to decide for himself what to do :slight_smile: ?

People can’t be antichristian unless they intend to be - just as they cannot worship idols unless they intend to: if our reasoning to show that we are not idolaters lets us off being idolaters, then the same sort of reasoning lets Masons off being anti-Christian

Unless people (such as Catholics) can be idolaters, or people (such as Masons) can be anti-Christian, without knowing it.

People are often suspicious of what they don’t know or don’t like: and sometimes they persecute or kill those they don’t know or don’t like - simply because they are alien or foreign or unfamiliar. It’s happened to Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, negroes, gypsies, the mentally sick - the list goes on. And it’s happened to Masons. If people have a world view, and other people don’t fit in it - those other people are perceived as “the enemy”.

And because they are “the enemy”, there is no stimulus to find the truth about them. So they are demonised in perpetuity. It happens in relations between Protestants & Catholics - and it happens to the Masons: they do somethings privately - so they are accused of evil things: just as Christians were, just as the Jews were by Catholics; just as Muslims were: only ignorance could accuse Muslims of worshipping an idol named Baphomet, or Jews of sacrificing a child. What reason is there to think that the phobia of Masons is any more intelligent, rational, or discriminating ?

Mozart was a Mason - but when did the Church object to him or his works on that score ? :slight_smile: This is a man who was a Papal knight, and received a Catholic burial. So why the fuss about other Masons? Anyone would think they ate babies, to judge from their status as bogies in the Catholic imagination. :slight_smile: ##

Shibboleth ----

In your Post # 9, paragraph 4 line 2, you wrote “Messianic Order.” Did you make an error and meant to type “MASONIC ORDER”?

[/quote]

Matthew 5:33-37

33 Again you have heard that it was said to your ancestors, "DO NOT TAKE A FALSE OATH., but make good to the Lord all that you vow. 34 But I say to you, "DO NOT SWEAR AT ALL; not by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is his footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Do not swear by your head, for you cannot make a single hair white or black. 37 LET YOUR YES MEAN YES AND YOUR NO MEAN NO. ANYTHING MORE IS FROM THE *****EVIL ONE ****

These swearings alone, especially swearings on a bible, these can prevent a person from entering heaven, and this is right there on Matthew 5:33-37, You think his fellow masons can open the gate of heaven if St. Peter won’t let your grandfather in?

The Catholic Church which knows a lot about these Masonic Lodges much more than your grandfather does EXCOMMUNICATES MASONS. You yourself Chazemataz or your grandfather, on your June 17 post say that a cardinal who was a candidate for pope got kicked out because he was a member of OTO. Well, if the Cardinal was a member of OTO, the cardinal certainly knew what was going on inside!!!

Your grandfather knows it is wrong for him to join that other kind of Masonry. Now he uses American masonry as an excuse that it is not as bad as the other types of Masonry - because overthere are government officials, through whom perhaps he can learn where officials plan to do spend city money. Well, remember Judas??? He exchanged Christ for 40 pieces of silver. Furthermore, I don’t think God likes it when these government officials— who are supposed to be God’s stewards looking after the public good, ---- are instead looking after the interest of the vested interests, the giant corporations, the lobbyists and their friends.

At any rate EVEN THE ACT OF SWEARING CAN SEND YOUR GRANDFATHER TO PURGATORY OR HELL. Why ? You think calling upon the name of the Lord to witness swearings on foolish matters to entertain your grandpa and your grandpa’s friends is not a VIOLATION TO KEEP GOD’S NAME HOLY???

Here is a link I just found

saintsalive.com/newsletters/may-june-00-nl/bad-mason.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.