I pray that the soul of James R. Hoffa Sr. be granted mercy

I pray that the soul of James Hoffa Sr. be granted pardon and mercy and may he rest in peace and know that at least one family is extemely grateful for the rights, benefits and pay that he had fought for and won for us. Thank you God for a man who fought for our dignity and for the common good of working families. Please Lord forgive this man’s sins if you have not already done so.Please.

Human Being:

Eternal Rest grant unto him, and may Michael the Archangel make speed to help him. Amen.

Here are parts of a prayer that I was given by some of the Orthodox Brothers after our failed attempt to save the life of Theresa Schindler Schiavo.

A K A T H I S T

for the R E P O S E

**of Those Who have FALLEN ASLEEP

KONTAKION 1

O Thou Who by Thy inscrutable Providence didst prepare the world for eternal beatitude and Who appointest times and seasons and the manner of our end: Forgive, O Lord, those who have died in past ages all their sins, receive them into the realms of light and joy, hasten to open Thy Fatherly arms to them, and hear us who celebrate their memory and sing:
            O Lord of unutterable Love, remember Thy servants who have fallen asleep.

IKOS 1

O Thou Who savest Adam and the whole human race from eternal perdition, Thou didst send Thy Son into the world, O Good God, and by His Cross and Resurrection Thou hast granted us also eternal life.  Trusting to Thy infinite mercy, we look for the deathless Kingdom  of Thy Glory, we implore Thee to grant it to those who have fallen asleep, and we pray:  Gladden, O Lord, souls wearied by the storms of life, that earth’s sorrows and signings may not bury them in oblivion.  Hear them, O Lord, in Thy bosom, as a mother responds to her children, and say to them:  Your sins are forgiven you.  Receive them, O Lord, into Thy calm and blessed haven that they may rejoice in Thy divine glory.

IKOS 2

Saint Isaac the Syrian once said:  “A merciful heart is one that burns with love for men and animals and for the whole of creation, and at all times offers prayers with tears that they may be purified and kept.”  Likewise we all boldly ask the Lord for help for all the dead from the beginning of time and cry:  Send down to us, O Lord, the gift of fervent prayer for the dead.  Remember, O Lord, all who have charged us, unworthy as we are, to pray for them, and pardon the sins they have forgotten.  Remember, O Lord, all who have been buried without prayer.  Receive, O Lord, into Thy dwellings all who have died of sorrow or joy by a sudden or untimely death.

KONTAKION 4

Save, O      Lord, those who have died in grievous sufferings, those who were murdered,      those buried alive, those who were drowned or burned, those who were torn      by wild beasts, those who died of hunger or cold, from exposure in storms,      or by falling from heights, and grant them all eternal joy for the sorrow      of their death..  May the time of their      suffering be blessed as a day of redemption, for which they sing:  ALLELUIA.

** PRAYER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP**

O God of spirits and all flesh, Who hast trampled down death, overthrown the devil, and given life to Thy world: Give rest, O Lord, to the souls of Thy servants who have fallen asleep, … all who were drowned, burned, frozen to death, torn by wild beasts, all who died suddenly without repentance and had no time to be reconciled with the Church and with their enemies; all who took their own lives in a moment of mental unbalance; all who have asked us to pray for them, and those who have no one to pray for them, and all who died without a Christian burial, (James), in a place of light, in a place of refreshment, in a place of repose, whence all suffering, sorrow, and sighing have fled away. Forgive every sin committed by him in thought, word and deed, for Thou art the good God and Lover of men. For there is no one who lives without sinning. Thou alone art without sin, and Thy righteousness in eternal righteousness, and Thy Word is Truth.
For Thou art the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servants who have fallen asleep (James), O Christ our God, and to Thee we send up glory, with Thy Eternal Father, and Thy Holy and Good and Lifegiving Spirit, both now and ever and to the ages of ages. Amen.

The rest of this AKATHIST can be found here:
users.sisqtel.net/williams/akathist-repose.html
[FONT=Georgia][size=4]
I recommend printing 2 or 3 copies out for yourself, finding a partner who can pray this with you and praying it this weekend. Once you’ve printed it, it should seem obvious that one will need to say the Kontakions and the other the Ikoses. After a while, the, “O Lord of unutterable Love…” will bring tears with each repetition.[/size][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][size=4]May the soul of Jimmy Hoffa rest in peace.[/size][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][size=4]I myself will one day need this to be said for me.
[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][size=4]Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael[/size][/FONT]

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee!
Blessed art thou among
women and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus,
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour
of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee!
Blessed art thou among
women and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus,
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour
of our death.
Amen

Amen!

Lord we commend the soul of James R. H Sr into Your merciful love.
Please give comfort to his loved ones; and let the good that he has done continue to flourish.
Thank You, Lord

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Praying!

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord. And let Your Perpetual Light shine upon him, may he rest in peace.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.