I prayed to God to reveal Himself to my atheist friend - and He DID!

I’m a devout Catholic 10th grader in a very secular public high school and I’ve been doing my best to evangelize in my daily school life. With the aid of Divine intervention, I have recently had a great success.

My dear best friend whom I first met when we were 4 years old accepted God a few days ago. He grew up in a nonreligious household. It wasn’t an anti-religious household, just one that never really discussed religion. Most of his childhood he still believed in God though. Slowly he drifted towards agnosticism, and the past couple years became full-on atheist. The past year I’ve been praying for God to reveal himself to him. The day after Christmas I specifically dedicated all of my daily prayers to asking God to reveal Himself to my friend.

Then something truly miraculous happened:

A few days later my friend said something really big happened. He said he was taking a walk by himself in the woods after a day of hunting and all of the sudden he felt everything make sense to him. He was thinking about life on his walk and all of the sudden he just knew God was there. He dropped down and prayed for the first time in years. When he told me about this I was in awe. We then spent about an hour talking about life and I explained to him all the rational arguments for faith. When I finally told him that I specifically asked God to reveal Himself to him only days before, he was totally convinced.

This also reinforced my own faith. I’ve been having a rough patch in my life the past few months and I asked God for a sign to let me know He is still with me. And He gave me that sign! :slight_smile:

Please pray for my friend and me that our faith in God will grow stronger and please pray to help us recognize Him in all things. Thank you and God bless you all!

“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.” [1Chronicles 16:34]

1 Like

Prayer for Faith

Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee. Lord, let my faith
be full and unreserved, and let it penetrate
my thought, my way of judging Divine things
and human things. Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God and
conversation with men, so that the inner
bliss of its fortunate possession may shine
forth in sacred and secular conversation.

Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought
and of my feeling; but let it surrender
to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, and not
have any better guarantee than in docility to
Tradition and to the authority of the magisterium
of the Holy Church.

Amen.

2 Likes

Great prayer! Thank you so much!

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

1 Like

Congratulations on having him convert. May the Lord bless you for your efforts and may He bless your friend with ever-increasing faith.

1 Like

Hello Victorg well I’m certainly pleased to hear this, so I’ll ask you to pray for all of the people in my life that need to accept Jesus Christ as Lord God and Savior of their lives. I pray for all of them regularly, but they are adults and their hearts are hardened. God Bless You and Your Friend on your journeys.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Thank you! I will pray for them!

Praise The Lord. The power of prayer; it does work. Keep praying for them.

1 Like

May the Lord keep and protect you both…may your faith make you lifelong friends and allies…
Praying for you all…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Fatima, AMEN!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.