I really am just sick of it all

Honestly, it’s like a headache that not only never goes away, it only gets louder and louder. I really just can’t stand any more of it. Western society is so drowned in literal craziness it’s just awful, and quite frightening really. And no, I don’t exaggerate. Just look at it. The wrong side dominates everything. Their darkness has swallowed what little light there is left. Evil is winning, bad influence is strongest, and the attraction to bad is appalling. I have seen the dumbing down and the desensitizing of so many. A society that sees nothing at all wrong with murdering an innocent child inside her own mother’s womb is sign of something seriously, gravely wrong. Their eyes need to be peeled open so they can see what they are doing! The obsession with all forms of sex, especially perversions, has extended to forcing their bizarre, repetitive ideologies off on younger and younger. Jesus warned of this. “It is better for him to have a millstone around his neck than to corrupt any of these little ones.”
Other things prophesied are definitely here, shaking the earth “They will become lovers of selves, and they will call evil good and good evil.” How could anyone not see it! Ironically the same side who relentlessly advocates for being so afraid of “offending” don’t bat an eye over the hatred and revulsion shown Catholics and Mary. Statues of Her are desecrated, and there is even an image of Her in a museum which can be kicked and shattered inside glass, supposedly for “fun.” Where is the worry of “offending” God and Mary? When it comes to something as sacred as our faith, our Lord and our Lady, it turns into “freedom of expression.” They twist and turn things with their sly, crafty tongue, just as the serpent whispered to Eve in the garden. They smother what is right deeper and deeper into the mud, while they paint themselves with all of their hypocrisies and hatred in a rosy glow. I never see any sign of it at least diminishing. It is becoming more and more dominating, smothering, suffocating, and oppressive. There is no respect or dignity at all anymore. Well, hardly. There is just no decency. Society has gotten so lowclassed in mentality. I often wonder if all of it is a result of far too much idle time.

Etiam. “Nothing this world could ever offer could come from the Father… For this whole world lies under the power of the Evil one.” 1 John

Let the world go to Hell- if it is not already Hell. Christ and His Most Blessed Mother will rescue and receive the Heaven-bound soul, always an exile in this mortal Valley, not only on Tears, but of evil.

“Fear not, for I have conquered the World.”

The way I look at it: these are battles… consequential but not the end.

The War is already won, and the baptized living in Spirit and Truth are on the winning side.

I understand. I feel the same. A few years ago we moved abroad just to keep the kids away from the madness. It isn’t possible to shelter them completely since this place is full of westerners who support the leftist ideology, but I feel better regardless. Decision to move far away has made me realise that this world is not our home. This is exile, a valley of tears. Our home is with God in Heaven, and we strive for that. I think that wherever I live I will always feel like a stranger in this world. One day at a time, with our gaze upon the Lord. That is the only way to do it.

We are not to envy the simplicity of the desert fathers, but to desire it. Their detachment from this earth only intensified their relationship with God. It is not as much a physical place as it is a spiritual place. Riding the bus, we can withdraw to our spiritual haven. At home, in 5 minutes, we can sit in our favorite chair and just practice the presence of God. Driving by the parish? Pop in for some refreshing Tabernacle time. Parish closed? No problem! The Lord is just on the other side of that wall. His shoulders carried the weight of the world - He awaits your cares and stresses. “In this world you will have tribulation. But, take heart, for I have overcome this world.” John 16:33

Oh, and try an experiment: Even though you may be paying for it, accustomed to participating in it, detach from the media. Cut it off. It is noise and noise is disquieting. Detach even from Catholic news, if it is upsetting - media is media after all. God remains in charge of all things, and if nothing evil occurs, how is He alone to reveal His power by bringing good from it?

Simplify. Withdraw from the world by drawing closer to God, bit by bit.

Truth in this.

My illness has meant I have by and large detached from what you describe. I dumped TV decades ago and radio and just keep up here online.

Watching bad things affects your mind; they are not your life, YOU choose YOUR life, SO much of what you write is judgemental too?

I live alone atop a mountain and my rented house is now a hermitage, Soon I will be moving to a more isolated and silent place, To pray and live utterly simply while the work of my hands helps feed the needy

How you live can be much more your choice than you think.

I have very limited strength and am heading for 80, SO I choose carefully what I engage in now.

And I choose Jesus.

With families you cannot do this totally but yes you CAN detach enough to make the kind of post the OP has dumped redundant. I skimmed it as there is no way I will be dragged down . Or condemn others…

. . . :signofcross: . . .

Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
[INDENT][INDENT]"One day, after celebrating Mass, the aged Pope Leo XIII was in conference with the Cardinals when suddenly he sank to the floor in a deep swoon. … after a short interval the Holy Father regained consciousness and exclaimed with great emotion: "Oh, what a horrible picture I have been permitted to see!"

He had been shown a vision of evil spirits who had been released from Hell and their efforts to destroy the Church. But in the midst of the horror the Archangel :angel1: St. Michael appeared and cast Satan and his legions into the abyss of hell. Soon afterwards Pope Leo XIII composed the following prayer …"[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]Original - Prayer to St. Michael

O Glorious Prince of the heavenly host, St. Michael the Archangel, DEFEND US in the battle and in the terrible warfare that we are waging against the principalities and powers, against the rulers of this world of darkness, against the evil spirits. Come to the aid of man, whom ALMIGHTY GOD created immortal, made in His Own Image and Likeness, and redeemed at a great price from the tyranny of Satan.

Fight this day the battle of the LORD, together with the holy angels :angel1:, as already thou hast fought the leader of the proud angels, Lucifer, and his apostate host, who were powerless to resist thee, nor was there place for them any longer in Heaven. That cruel, ancient serpent, who is called the devil or Satan who seduces the whole world, was cast into the abyss with his angels. Behold, this primevIl enemy and slayer of men has taken courage. Transformed into an angel of light, he wanders about with all the multitude of wicked spirits, invading the earth in order to blot out the name of GOD and of His Christ, to seize upon, slay and cast into eternal perdition souls destined for the crown of eternal glory. This wicked dragon pours out, as a most impure flood, the venom of his malice on men of depraved mind and corrupt heart, the spirit of lying, of impiety, of blasphemy, and the pestilent breath of impurity, and of every vice and iniquity.

These most crafty enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the spouse of the immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions. In the Holy Place itself, where the See of Holy Peter and the Chair of Truth has been set up as the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be.

Arise then, O Invincible Prince, bring help against the attacks of the lost spirits to the people of GOD, and give them the victory. They venerate thee as their protector and patron; in thee holy Church glories as her defense against the malicious power of hell; to thee has GOD entrusted the souls of men to be established in heavenly beatitude. Oh, pray to the GOD of peace that He may put Satan under our feet, so far conquered that he may no longer be able to hold men in captivity and harm the Church. Offer our pray:gopray2:ers in the sight of the Most High, so that they may quickly find mercy in the sight of the LORD; and vanquishing the dragon, the ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, do thou again make him captive in the abyss, that he may no longer seduce the nations. Amen.

V. Behold the CROSS OF THE LORD; be scattered ye hostile powers.
R. The LION of the tribe of Judah has conquered the root of David.
V. Let THY mercies be upon us, O LORD.
R. As we have hoped in THEE.
V. O LORD, hear my prayer.
R. And let my cry come unto THEE.

**:gopray: Let us pray. **

O GOD, the Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, we call upon THY holy Name, and as supplicants, we implore THY clemency, that by the intercession of Mary, ever Virgin Immaculate and our Mother, and of the glorious St. Michael the Archangel, THOU wouldst deign to help us against Satan and all the other unclean spirits who wander about the world for the injury of the human race and the ruin of souls. Amen.

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
:signofcross:[/RIGHT][/INDENT]

. . . :gopray2: . . .

Victorious Prayer
of King Asa
[size=]II Chronicles 14:11
[/size]

"And he called upon the
LORD GOD,
and said:
O LORD,
there is no difference with** Thee**,
whether Thou help with few,
or with many:
help us,
O LORD OUR GOD:
for with confidence in Thee,
and in Thy Name,
we are come against this multitude.
O LORD
THOU ART OUR GOD,

let not man
prevail against Thee.’ "
+

In dedication to the Triumph of the Immaculate :heart: Heart of Mary.

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank You Dear Beloved Blessed LORD Jesus+
. . . thank You Gracious Heavenly Father+
. . . thank You Sweet Spirit of Our Holy God+
. . . thank you Blessed Virgin Mary Our Mother+
. . . thank you Holy Mother Church+
. . . in Jesus Precious Holy Name We Pray+

:signofcross:[/RIGHT]

Get to daily Mass.

Find a parish church with Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration and visit daily.

Say a daily Rosary.

Visit the “shop” button at the top of this page and find some books that look attractive to you.

Above all shadows rides the sun.

You are not responsible for everyone in the world, dear one.
Detach from the news, the media, the horrors of the world and pray for the world. God has it all under His watchful care.
That’s it.
But never withdraw without hope.

The idea that we should withdraw from the world leaves only the evil ones to rule. I suggest reducing the amount of “news” time to about 15 minutes per day, then attend Mass, pray the rosary, find time for scripture study and meditation, then spend your time helping others in your family, your church, your community. At the local level, you will see that many good people inhabit the earth. You can do good for others and, in that way, have a positive influence on the world. You will be surprised how much better you will feel.

You should devote yourself to charity work.
This sounds like a simplistic answer, but you need to get your mind on to practical, achievable works where you feel good, others feel good, and you see God’s work in your own hands and all around you.
My advice is to get busy. That was always the plan.

Believe me, if I could live on a nice island somewhere, far from their pollution, where it is refreshing and beautiful, I would. I see this world, and mostly the West, as a garbage dump compared to the Garden of Eden paradise it was originally meant to be.

The pendulum of history will swing back again. Maybe not in our lifetimes. I’m resigning myself to being a Christian in a pagan/secular world (even if many of them still call themselves Christians). That’s not to say I’ve given up and am going to become a recluse, but it’s a twist on being in there world but not of the world. I’m not going to despair, just going to try and keep following Christ.

The Gospel is literally “good news”.
That’s part of the cross: to see the good always, even when evil seems to be winning.

Evil is always around but it does not have the last word. The greatest evil ever perpetrated is deicide, the killing of Jesus. Yet the Church has been alive all this time despite the crucifixion.

We are called to be hopeful.

Well, its said when Jesus returns, the nations will try to make war on the Christ, so Im betting the US will be at the front of that line, its to be expected, I mean, the Christ will stand for everything the US despises.

For nations to make war with another entity, it means they feel threatened or do not like or agree with what the entity stands for.

I second the advice to give to charity. Love your neighbor. Do works of mercy. We fight the war against the devil one soul at a time. Also remember, every place and time has had sins it has lionized as virtue–and in ever age God has raised up saints.

Crown of Stars , I have often felt the same as you. It can become discouraging that it appears that evil seems to gain almost everyday.

I believe it was a grace of God that I had a thought. Since our world is turning more and more towards evil, it is all the more important for those of us who are faithful Christians to be out in the world, but not of it. We can be a positive example. We can help bring Christ’s love into the world. We can show others it is possible to live a moral life and still be happy and successful. We can help spread the truth to this world that is so desperately in need of it.

I really believe there are many people who are simply lost and looking to fill a hole in their hearts. The world tells us that being happy all the time is the ultimate goal. We know better than that. The world also tells us in order to fill that hole we feel we should accumulate things, drive the right car, have a big house, have as much sex as we can, etc. Many fall to this lie and follow the world and keeping thinking if they just have one more thing, that will do it. It is only through God that we will know true happiness.

Respectfully, I say that, for one thing, you should have just come straight to me, instead of just talking about me. I am not angry, only just telling you that this truly bothers me. It was not a post that was “dumped”. I carefully thought it out and wrote it because I am just that way, and I need to vent sometimes, or I will go crazy. Something I admit I need to work on. Also, you probably thought it sounded as though I was “condemning others” because you only skimmed it and didn’t read it. There seems to be a very fine line in our society between what is judgmental and what is telling the truth or warning someone that what they are doing is wrong. I know I come across as harsh, strong, and hateful, but it is just extreme disgust that I feel. I know hating another person, no matter what kind of evils they commit, is wrong. I must just feel the ills of this world deeper than most.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.