I recieved another anti-Catholic tract!

Once again, I went down to the Cathedral this morning and as I was walking back I bumped into a street missionary. He gave me a sheet of paper saying, “Jesus loves you sir.” I said thank you, because, I ALREADY KNOW THAT! I rolled my eyes when he went away and began to chuckle again as I read it. Yet another King James onlyist tract. I must be doing a great job presenting myself as a devout and orthodox Catholic! :smiley:

‘If you want to become a Christian, ask yourself this vital question:

‘What must I do to be

Saved?’

(Acts 16:30)

Saved From What?

“…The lake which burneth with fire and brimstone…” This is the eternal location for “…the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars…” (Revelation 21:8)

When Am I saved?

“…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10:9)

Who Saves Me?

“…Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners…” (1 Timothy 1:15) “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever (anyone who) believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

Why Does He Want To?

“…He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.” ( II Corinthians 5:15) AND… “God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

How Do I Become Someone Who is Saved?

Recognize that starting with Adam and Eve, “…For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 6:23) Further that “…the wages of sin is death (eternal existence in the lakes of fire—see Revelation ch. 20 and 21); but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)

Confess. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” ( I John 1:9) “…with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:10)

Repent. Be willing to (and then actually do) turn from sins of thought, word, and deed. “…except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:3) “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out…” (Acts 3:19)

Forsake. “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, …for he will abundantly pardon.” (Isaiah 55:7)

Ask, and Receive, Believing on Jesus Christ. “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” (John 1:12) “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock (says Jesus Christ): if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3:20)

Pray this prayer, believing, and ask Jesus Christ into your heart and life as Savior and Lord: Dear Lord, I know I’ve been a sinner, and I’m sorry. I want to repent and change. Please give me your grace (help) to do this. I believe you died on the cross for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and live as Savior and Lord. Please teach me, guide me, and help me to be obedient. Thank you for answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Proof that you have eternal life starting NOW: And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life…” ( I John 5:11-13) Jesus Christ also said in the Gospel of John (6:37) “him that cometh to me I will in no wise (way) cast out.” Moreover, the Lord also stated in Matthew 24:13, “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”

An explanation of the born-again Salvation experience you have just taken part of is found in many parts of the Gospel of John. Read this Gospel to find out more about your Savior, especially the third chapter.’

Next time, pack your own tracts and treat him to one of these:

grottopress.org/Catalog/Tracts/tracts.html

With the exception of the part “When Am I Saved” and the part “Proof” I agree with everything on the tract.

For those who do not know about my last encoutner, here’s the thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=63851

I consider this tract anti-Catholic because the title seems to imply that if you don’t believe in what it says 100%, you’re not a Christian.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.