I request prayers concerning lust

By the grace of God I have been liberated from the sin of masturbation for a significant succession of days; the temptations have become weaker over time, but they do still exist.

I have recently renewed my efforts to purify my mind and replace my lustful thoughts with prudence. It will not happen over night.

For these reasons do I humbly request that you offer your prayers to the Lord for me.

I wish God’s blessings upon all of you and your families.

Unfortunately, we never know when temptation for any sin will occur. Of course I will pray for you

Love CM

With prayer and God’s grace , you can overcome this addiction. I’ll be praying for you.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

:signofcross:

Expect temptations and be prepared.

A site that’s been helpful to me is The 12 Step Review.

2 prayers:

1. Help!!!

2)Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto you oh Virgins of Virgins my mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petition, but in your mercy hear and answer me, Amen.

Keep fighting the fight and may God be with you.

I’ll pray for you and me too…

I sometimes too, get so weak to temptations…

Lord God, give us strength to all the temptations around us. AMEN.:gopray:

St. Joseph, pray for the OP. St. Anne, pray for the OP.
Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying you remain pure …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

All of you are filling my heart with joy, knowing and feeling the love of Christian fellowship that manifests itself here.

Thank you, I shall offer my prayers to God for you.

Continued prayers……

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Praying for you my friend…

Lord, please help Marlowann keep his heart pure and filled with love for you and Mary. May he keep himself occupied with good, holy activities and know how precious he is in your eyes no matter what temptations assail him. Help him always to remain true, and never let him be separated from you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

We all have temptations to resist. I’ve been freed from it too but still have the temptation-which sometimes needs to be resisted one day at a time. We need to ask the Lord for help in resisting this temptation as well as sex with others outside of marriage-another sin a lot of people commit.

We also need to pray for each other’s chastity. A lot of people including single lay people (like myself), priests and religious, seem to have some sort of sexual temptation. I used to think priests and religious “know better” than to have sex or break their vows by dating. Likewise I thought people would know not to be cheating on one’s spouse or dating those who are married to someone else. And I have to admit masturbation is the same kind of sin without the other person.

I don’t know what you think of the traditional (or Tridentine) Latin Mass, but there was something about my regular attendance at the Latin Mass that has helped me to become closer to God and I haven’t masturbated since February when I started attending this Mass.

I think the sex urge for unmarried adults or those who can’t “do it” with their spouses can be quite a challenge-but we can ask the Lord to help us in times of temptation.

Keep praying.:rolleyes:.

God bless

-sparkie

There’s an online Catholic site or forum for those who are trying to overcome sexual sin. I registered for it recently and will have to look it up to give you the url.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

-sparkie

My prayers will be with you Marlowann.

I will be praying for your continued quest for purity. The temptations of lust and impure thoughts are so prevalent today. I hope that you find hope in knowing that every moment you resist makes you a bit stronger.

Keep up the good fight!

Praying! :signofcross:

Steve

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.