I saw God yesterday morning. <3

As a recovering anorexic, I was having bodily complications from starving myself. My stomach ached, my left side hurt, my chest hurt, I had to breathe in really sudden gasps, and my left leg felt like it was plunged into a bucket of ice water. I went downstairs to my bedroom to pray. I begged God for help, because I knew I couldn’t fight anorexia alone; I’d die. I asked him for help to get me through. In addition to the pain, I was cold and tired, hunched over in the fetal position on my bed, wrapped in a blanket. All of a sudden, I felt this massive sense of peace, and I rolled over farther onto my right side and tried to continue my prayer, but I, seemingly involuntarily, closed my eyes. I was wide awake, but I just suddenly closed my eyes. And I saw God. I know for an absolute fact it wasn’t my imagination because there is absolutely no way I could imagine something that vibrant, that beautiful, that pure. The Holy Spirit came to me; all I could focus on was this dove, glowing and white, with what appeared to be a golden glow on His back and the back of His wings. He would fly in circles, come closer to me, and then fly in circles again. This went on a few more times. Sometimes, the glow on His back and wings intensified, and I saw what almost looked like the sun behind Him. Light started to stream around His head and wings. My pain had completely subsided and I was no longer depressed, cold, or anxious. I cried and couldn’t stop saying "Oh, my Lord…so beautiful…thank You…"After a while, He raised His wings skyward and flew up, and as soon as I opened my eyes, out of nowhere, I burst out laughing. I couldn’t stop laughing. When I got up, I was trembling and had to clutch my dresser on my way out to stay upright.

This is by far the most amazing experience I have ever had, and I wanted to share it with all of you. I’m going to devote the rest of my life to the Holy Spirit now. :slight_smile:

Pax Christi.

Kera

Beautiful! But don’t forget Christ, He was represented by the Sun. :wink:

For you:

“But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.” (Malachi 4:2)

Oh, I could never do that. Since the Holy Spirit was there, He was also there. (:

Wow, that quote is so appropriate! Thank you for sharing it with me.

What you saw was a symbol, not God Himself.

Could a mere symbol really do that much?

possibly, but the entire experience was a theophany, a God-encounter, joy and peace is the key to discerning. yes the Holy Spirit is fond of special effects in my experience.

Poetess Kera,

You are blessed to have such an encounter with the Divine. We will see God when we get to heaven. But God does appear to us here on earth with the image comprehensible to that person. That’s how you may explain the word “symbol”. The laughter could be part of the healing from the Holy Spirit. I have experienced such laughter years ago when I was laid hand and received the gift of tongue. I knew well then it was the healing from the Holy Spirit.

You are truly blessed to have such faith. :slight_smile:

Please pray for the rest of us when you can.

Yes.

I feel so unworthy to have such an experience, but I’m so grateful. :slight_smile:

EphelDuath - I will definitely pray for all of you.

:heart:

What an amazing experience! You have been given a wonderful gift. Remember now, that as you move forward, not everyone will have the faith to believe your encounter and, unfortunately, some will do what they can to take the joy from you. Don’t let that happen! Continue to pray, even though you may not have another such vivid encounter again (but you never know, you might!)

I will do that! :slight_smile: I’m very happy that almost everyone I have told has reacted so positively and with strong faith. I have prayed and continue to pray that others will have the faith to believe these things someday.

Hand the experience over to your Teacher and Mother, the Catholic Church, that she might examine it for you, and determine if it is truly God or not. You may do this by handing it over to your pastor, whom represents Christ and His Church in your parish.

Most beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

A Private Revelation is for the recipient alone to believe.

You’re welcome! :heart:

Eucharisted - I respect your opinions. I’m curious, though: why should I examine something that was felt so strongly and in such a positive way? How could it not be God?

How can you be so gullible? Feelings are not constant, don’t trust them. If you wish to be sure it was God - and undoubtedly you will get doubts about this soon - than do what I did: hand your experience over to the Church and trust in her judgment. She is guided by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, and the truth will set you free from worry and doubting.

I’m not merely trusting the feelings, I’m trusting the vision that resulted in these feelings. Please don’t call me gullible. Please understand that I was feeling lower than low and I felt a massive surge of joy and peace that I had never felt before during and after this vision.

Hand it over to your pastor if you wish to know the truth, but if not, that is your choice. Pray about it.

Kera,
I don’t believe you are gullible at all. You know what you saw and felt, and I believe it was a blessing from God to aid in your healing. Own your experience. I was blessed with a similar experience following my father’s death. Rather than seeing a vision of the Holy Spirit, I saw my father, healed and in peace. I never experienced anything like it before or since, but I know interiorly what it was, and I am forever grateful to Our Lord for that blessing. As I experienced, there will be those who may try to put doubts in your mind, but don’t let that dim the healing effects of your vision. This is your personal connection, and I know we all pray to have such an answer to our prayers. You were in a state of prayer when it occurred and were blessed to experience such a beautiful verification of the Lord’s presence and healing. Thank you for sharing it–it gives us all hope. I pray that you continue to be healed in body.
In Christ’s Love,
Seraginia

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.