I sent a letter to the priest and the bishop

The 1 I sent to the bishop had a extra page explaining my disorder that makes me unable to attend non catholic church services, Since the Priest surely noticed my disorder within the past nearly a year of going to his church I didn’t bother putting that extra paper in it. I know he surely noticed last Sunday cause if he didn’t I am rather surprised and kind of worried about him.

I have a tourttets like disorder that makes me cuss, which happened rather loudly near the priest last Sunday.

Well I am mostly wondering either of them has gotten the letter yet, I was rather scared to ask the Priest about receiving the Eucharist but wasn’t nervous asking the bishop. They way I understand your laws, The priest needs to get the bishops permission to do it before he can.

I hear lots of Catholic churches have there first Communion service in May,

If I do get the permission I need I wonder if that’s when it will start?
Will he just walk up to me before a mass one morning and say I got the permission you needed you can receive it now during mass

Sorry if I am making to many topics but this is on my mind and I don’t really have anyone to talk about it to at the moment

I think I would have sent the letter registered so I would know if it was received. You should really make an appointment with the priest. You are going to need instruction if you are to be brought into the church. I highly doubt you are going to receive permission to receive communion on any particular Sunday without the priest understanding that you believe what the church believes and you are in a state of grace. If you have been attending Mass for a year you might even be asked to go to RCIA. If that is impossible then you might need to have individual instruction. The Pastor will have to guide you in that.

First Communion services are for children who have been preparing all year and have received first confession. This is not your situation.

Hang in there.This will get sorted out.

I don’t understand. If your condition makes you unable to attend non-Catholic church services, wouldn’t it also make you unable to attend Catholic Mass?

You are referring to a very rare circumstance in which a non-Catholic may possibly receive the Eucharist:

" Canon law explains the parameters: “If the danger of death is present or other grave necessity, in the judgment of the diocesan bishop or the conference of bishops, Catholic ministers may licitly administer these sacraments to other Christians who do not have full Communion with the Catholic Church, who cannot approach a minister of their own community and on their own ask for it, provided they manifest Catholic faith in these sacraments and are properly disposed” (CIC 844 § 4). "

This circumstance does not apply to your situation, so the bishop will not be giving the priest permission to give you the Eucharist.

It won’t start this May and he won’t walk up to you and say you got permission.

Outside of the aforementioned very rare circumstance, in order to receive the Eucharist, a person must be Catholic. The reason for this is as follows: " Because Catholics believe that the celebration of the Eucharist is a sign of the reality of the oneness of faith, life, and worship, members of those churches with whom we are not yet fully united are ordinarily not admitted to Communion…Another reason that many non-Catholics may not ordinarily receive Communion is for their own protection, since many reject the doctrine of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Scripture warns that it is very dangerous for one not believing in the Real Presence to receive Communion: “For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died” (1 Cor. 11:29–30). "

In order to receive Communion, you must become a Catholic. To become a Catholic usually happens by learning about the Catholic faith in a special class offered by the parish called RCIA. RCIA classes usually start in the fall around Sept and meet once a week. If you find that you truly believe the doctrines of the Church and you really do want to become Catholic, you will be initiated into the Church at Easter. So, if you really want to pursue this, call the parish office and tell them you would like to be in the RCIA class that will start in the fall.

I am not allowed to join churches

most catholics seem to look over the cussing disorder

What do you mean that you are not “allowed” to join churches? You suggest that the priest must have noticed your condition because you’ve been attending his church. :shrug: I’m confused. :confused:

Do you believe that the Catholic Church is the True Church, founded by Christ? If so, why not become Catholic? If you are unable to attend RCIA classes, which is the Rite of Catholic Initiation for Adults, then you can probably receive private instruction. If you don’t believe in the Catholic faith, then why do you have an interest in receiving Communion, which in the Catholic Church is consecrated by priests to become the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ? Communion in the Catholic Church is not the same as Communion in a protestant church.

loud cussing

this is the 2 topic I made like this and i must say i got way different replys last time

That doesn’t answer the question asked: What do you mean that you are not “allowed” to JOIN churches? If you are “allowed” to GO to a church (as implied by your comments that the priest must have noticed you), why wouldn’t you be “allowed” to JOIN the church? I’m having a problem following this. It doesn’t make sense that you would be permiited to go to a church despite your “loud cussing” but you wouldn’t be allowed to join the church because of you “loud cussing”.

Why are you starting another thread on the same topic? Why not continue the discussion in the previous one? Now you have me even more confused.

Perhaps that is because there are different people answering this time?:shrug:

One reason I can think of is perhaps the others thought that you came from a church that had the sacraments and had communion every week and so forth. That is whom that line in canon law is talking about. Other Christians who participate in the the sacramental life at some level or those who are in danger of death. Do you fit into either of those categories? Otherwise you do need to have some instruction whether in formal classes or informal one on one’s with the priest. Or perhaps home tutoring. You must manifest proper belief in what the church teaches and the only way for the Priest to know that is when he sits down to talk with you .

Really, make an appointment. Or start with a telephone call to see what step the Priest thinks you should take. If your guardians are preventing you from taking the steps you wish then you might want to see what you could do from a legal perspective. Either a change in guardianship or perhaps living arrangement. In the meantime you could start studying the Catholic faith from online sources or books.


I had enought of RCIA last year

Last Sunday

the priest i gave me anointing of the sick after the first morning mass,since I cant go to my usual type of churches

am going to a catholic church cause the other churches I was going to wouldn’t deal with a tourttets like cussing disorder I have

cant go to my usually church cant join a Catholic church and have a brain tumor that is slowly killing me

with my disablity I dont have the freedom that most people my age have there is even a court appointed person to handle my money,

To BE a Catholic, one needs to UNDERSTAND and accept Catholic beliefs. How do your propose to do that without going through the educational process which is normally offered via RCIA?

I’ve been trying to follow this thread, but the OP have been very vague in her responses. What exactly does “enough” mean? Does she wish to become Catholic?

I can understand how this disorder would make it difficult if not impossible to attend mass and a regular RCIA class.

RCIA cant help me if I am not allowed by my guadian to join churches

This is getting more and more confusing as we go. I thought that you said that the only church that you COULD join was the Catholic Church because of your “loud cussing” disorder. Now you are saying that your guardian will not allow you to join the Catholic Church but she allows you to attend. I don’t follow that.

Exactly what is your question?

OK, so what exactly do you wish to do and what exactly is your guardian willing to allow you to do?

I don’t see the reason for sending a letter to a priest and bishop if you are not going to be allowed by your guardian to join the RCC. Can you explain a bit further?

its true I cant go to any other churches cause of the disorder

its against my guardian wishs for me to join it

here is what I sent


"Later, in No. 46 of the encyclical, the Pope reminds us of those rare cases, and under what conditions, non-Catholic Christians may be admitted to the sacraments of the Eucharist, reconciliation and anointing of the sick.

This administration is limited to “Christians who are not in full communion with the Catholic Church but who greatly desire to receive these sacraments, freely request them and manifest the faith which the Catholic Church professes with regard to these sacraments. Conversely, in specific cases and in particular circumstances, Catholics too can request these same sacraments from ministers of Churches in which these sacraments are valid.”

For these reasons the Church recognizes that “in certain circumstances, by way of exception, and under certain conditions, access to these sacraments may be permitted, or even commended, for Christians of other Churches and ecclesial Communities” (No. 130).

Apart from the case of danger of death, the Episcopal conference and the local bishop may specify other grave circumstances in which a Protestant may receive these sacraments although always respecting the conditions outlined above in the Holy Father’s encyclical: “that the person be unable to have recourse for the sacrament desired to a minister of his or her own Church or ecclesial Community, ask for the sacrament of his or her own initiative, [and] manifest Catholic faith in this sacrament and be properly disposed” (No. 131).

requires permission according to the directives of the diocesan bishop and the provisions of canon law (canon 844 § 4). "

I am not allowed to go to a non Catholic church cause of a cussing disorder that the other churches are not willing to accept, I have not been in a non catholic church service in 2 months or more

Last Sunday I receive the sacrament anointing of the sick for a up coming major surgery. I have been going to this catholic church for nearly a year now.

I am not sure what to do, If I was able to get anointing of the sick in my situation shouldn’t the receive the Eucharist be also?

I was baptized in a Baptist church if that important

I was to scared to ask you about this in person ,I understand if the answer is no but I just had the question on my mind and figured why not ask and see

Again thanks for the help this past Sunday it really helped and did help me feel better

I think sending a letter to the priest was a good idea. The next step should be to talk to him so he could advise you personally. Perhaps your guardian would change his mind about you joining a church? What is his problem with that?

I think she is saying that due to the brain tumor and related disabilities she isn’t allowed to go to non catholic churches and would like to recieve the Eucharist (possible special dispensation?) in the catholic church because it is the only church that isn’t kicking her out for uncontrolable cussing.

Another problem she is having is her gaurdian willnot allow her to become catholic.

Am I getting the picture?

I’m sorry you have this disorder. It can be difficult. My son had a boarderline type and was hard enough on him. God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.