I separated from wife need emotional and spiritual support

To sum things up, yes Ive separated from significant other this past March. Felt and still feel I married for wrong reason tho we were together for 14 years. I feel so ashamed, I feel so alone, andunloved by God because of what I did. I just want to be happy. I feel very depressed and almost suicidal. please please please pray for me.pray for the one whom i am involved with now. I know is wrong but again want to be happy.

Mark, hang in there. I know that sounds ridiculous when your despair is so deep, but please don’t do anything to harm yourself.

You are not alone.

I’m new here, and I’m not a Catholic. But I know pain. We all do. I don’t pretend to know what Christ is all about, or God, but that doesn’t stop me from calling for Him when I need help. And make no mistake, He won’t chat with you and give you an answer. But if your sadness is overwhelming you to the extent that you’re desperately considering a final escape, then you MUST step back from your problems for a time and get some rest.

When I’m overwhelmed like this, I imagine Christ sitting next to me, with His arm around my shoulders.

Lean into Him. Let Him shield you from the pain of this world for a WHILE, until you regain your strength.

God bless you. I hope everything works out so that you can be happy. That just might mean a change that you haven’t considered yet, so keep your mind and heart open.

Ben

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Ben 36), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

May Our Dear Lord bless you and your wife. May he strengthen you both and increase your wisdom and ability to discern a course of action agreeable to His most holy will. May you find friends to comfort you, prayer to support you and love and compassion to carry you through this time of solitude, hurt and confusion. And may you ever be aware of His love. Amen.

I also pray that the woman I am now involved with deeply understands my true feelings. I feel she loves me as do I her now but for what reason does she really love me? I ask God Himself to instill in her mind of what is going on as to also what has to go on if we really are meant to be together.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Lord, may Mark know that he will never ever be truly happy going against your divine law … and he is going against your divine law by being involved with another woman while separated from his wife. May he reconcile with his wife who is the only woman he can lawfully have an intimate relationship with and ask her forgiveness. May he change the pathway to destruction he is travelling and return to the right road, which is the only road that bring him true happiness. Amen.

I just also want to point out that I am by no means living with her nor she with me. I am against that. We are simply seeing each other. I/ we are only human after all. And is it Gods will that I remain unhappy with my ex???

Prayers, of course. :gopray2: For you to consider (please don’t answer here if you don’t want to) Did you seek counseling with your wife or consult a priest about your marital situation? How can you be so sure your marriage was never meant to be after 14 years? Did this surety only come after you met this new woman? If you never gave your marriage a real chance, do you really think a new relationship is going to solve your difficulites? I can assure you it won’t.

You need to work through your issues with your wife instead of deserting her. Love is not a mere feeling–it’s an act of the will. Every day I find “reasons” to leave my husband when he’s in a bad mood, or I am, or he does something stupid, or I think he has. When we take vows it’s serious business. You made a commitment to a woman. You can’t just run away from that. You need to resolve your marriage issues before considering dating anyone else. Call to set an appointment with your priest ASAP–before you get in any deeper with this other woman and drag her into a bad situation, as well.

I have. Like I said in much earlier posting. I feel I married for wrong reason. (Long story)
I stated that to him at length. I told him of what is going on… I am trying to end it (previous marriage) the right way, as well as to continue this one that is if it really is meant to be. I am on my own. and I mean alone! This is what I pray for. That God give me a sign. Something I will know and feel deep in my heart. Guidance once and for all as to do what has to be done either way.

Unless you have just cause for seeking an annulment, you may be disappointed with a refusal. We cannot know your circumstances, and no one wants to judge you, but rather help you sort this out. If neither you or your wife had an impediment to marriage, entered into it of your own free will, and had not kept any vital information about yourself that may have prevented your marriage and if it was done with the witness of a priest, deacon or other properly appointed/approved representative of the Church, you are married and will be until death do you part. I write this solely so you can be informed–not to try to throw cold water on your hopes. Only a marriage tribunal can render a decision that no marriage took place in order for you to consider marrying “again” (it wouldn’t be “again” sacramentally). I imagine you priest went over all this with you, though.

You may have to live separated and alone if you cannot reconcile with your wife and no annulment comes through. The fact that you had reservations may be cause for an annulment, but again, that would be for the marriage tribunal to determine. But you shouldn’t be seeing anyone else unless you do obtain an annulment because it isn’t fair to her and you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. I pray this can all be sorted out for you. But if things don’t go the way you hope God still has a purpose for your life and your salvation will still depend on what you do in response. In all kindness, it wasn’t the Church who entered into an unwise marriage, but you and your wife. I write that in love because it’s true and must be faced. Stay true to God and Christ and his Church no matter what and all will be well. It may not seem that way now, but it will work out for the best because God can and does make good things come out of our mistakes and even our sins. God bless you.

again all this is what I pray for. But also that God forgives me for being human as I am. Meaning to say the woman I am seeing and such.

The woman you are seeing should be telling you to put things on hold, as well, for both your sakes. If you two really love each other and God means you to be together, you’ll still have each other if you receive an annulment. If not, what will you two do? Live in sin? How would that be good for either of you? Truly, temptations to sin always look like the easy way to get what we want–they wouldn’t be temptations if they didn’t look attractive. But they are cheats that cannot give you the most important thing in the world–your souls.

You cannot presume upon God’s mercy. That is a mortal sin, as well–worse than living in sin because it means you deliberately snubbed God’s laws and then expected him to just overlook it. God wants us to be real with ourselves as well as with him and face our mistakes and responsibilities like adults. It may seem hard, but that’s what we have to do. Don’t make another mistake on top of marrying the wrong person (if that’s truly what you did). And don’t be impatient. You are grieving the loss of a relationship, which makes your vulnerable right now. Be strong, go to confession, attend Mass and do what you know is right. But don’t presume on God’s mercy. Things will only get worse if you do that.

on one instance I / we are putting things on hold as it were. Actually is totally my decision. I discussed that with her at great length. She did not like at first on how I did it but feel in my heart I did right by it. No one can take that away from me. Ive no regrets on my decision of putting certain things on hold. As for our feelings at hand, have a hard time controlling them. I have been going to Mass. etc. Want to further talk with Pastor about what is going on inside me…

Praying that Mark will come to worship the Baby Jesus, Christ the King this Christmas, putting God first in his life and in all things, loving God and following His Commandments, seeking first the Kingdom of Heaven with all his heart, mind, soul, and strength.
Praying for Mark’s wife.

I will pray for you. May the peace of our Lord be with you this holiday season and always. You are not alone. Our Lord is watching over you.

I would like to add the woman’s name here to pray for her. That God guide her too. Her name is Beverley Walton.

Mark,
PLEASE ask a moderator to remove the full name of the woman with whom you are involved–it is nit fair to her to put her name out like that for te world to see. And someone else with a similar name could end up being searched for… a mess.

I pray that Mark will see God’s will for his life and then follow it wholeheartedly whatever it may be.

St. Rita knew about difficult marriages…

O Holy Patroness of those in need, St. Rita, because thy pleadings before thy Divine Lord are almost irresistible, and because, thou hast been lavish in the granting of favors, thou hast been called the Advocate of the Hopeless and even of the Impossible. St. Rita, so humble, so pure, so mortified, so patient and of such compassionate love for thy Crucified Jesus, thou couldst obtain from Him whatsoever thou askest especially:

that Mark receive discernment about the futures of his marriage and of his current relationship; that his loneliness and depression be lifted; and that he finds others from whom he might receive support

Because of your power, all confidently have recourse to thee, expecting, if not always relief, at least comfort. Be propitious to our petition, showing thy power with God on behalf of thy suppliant. Be lavish to us, as thou hast been in so many wonderful cases, for the greater glory of God, for the spreading of thine own devotion, and for the consolation of those who trust in thee. We promise, if our petition is granted, to glorify thee by making known thy favor, to bless and sing thy praises forever. Amen.

St. Rita of Cascia, pray for him!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.