I survived and forgave my mothers abortion

ncregister.com/daily-news/i-survived-and-forgave-my-mothers-abortion/

This woman has an incredible story of Gods love, faith and forgiveness and she is in process to be received into the Church next year. Read the whole story at the above link.

Melissa Ohden is more than just one in a million. She’s one survivor out of 55 million-and-counting abortions performed in the United States since 1973. Armed with a personal story of faith, healing and forgiveness, Melissa has a mission: to give a face to abortion’s intended victims, its terrible cost on families, and to create networks of support for survivors.
Scheduled to die by a saline abortion in 1977 at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Sioux City, Iowa, Melissa miraculously survived her 19-year-old mother’s abortion. At 31-weeks gestation, Melissa was born, weighing 3 lbs, and saved by nurses who first thought she was dead.
Adopted thereafter by a loving Christian family, Melissa never knew her own history as an abortion survivor until an angry sister revealed the secret, forcing her adoptive parents to explain the circumstances of her birth when she was just a young teenager.

Melissa's story is very powerful. I knew her adoptive parents. They were from my hometown in Iowa and her adoptive grandfather was the mayor for a long time. I believe that she was raised Methodist if I recall. I always wondered if she would convert to Catholicism after hearing her story a few years back.

I feel strange saying "adoptive" parents as I was adopted at 4 days of age and I consider Mom & Dad just Mom & Dad without the "adoptive" desciption.

Please pray that all women considering abortion realize that it is indeed the ending of a precious life and decide against it. If it had been legal in 1966 you might not be reading this post!:eek::eek:
Kev

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.