I think that I had a prayer answered

I know a woman who is very anti catholic. She grew up in an abusive home and blames her religious upbringing. When I have been around her she does not hesitate to criticize the Church.

She is agnostic, her husband is a Christian.

A couple of days ago my neighbor announced to me that this woman had told her that her husband was going to become Catholic! I was floored, this was not something that I had expected. Apparently, the woman in question commented that as she was already Catholic she wouldn’t have to convert too.

I have been praying that this woman loose her anger over her upbringing. Now I am not saying that she is happy about her husband’s decision, but it is a start.

So, I just wanted to let you know, that prayers do work.:slight_smile:

I love to hear stuff like this. You pray for someone and an answer comes back to you in an unexpected way. The answers always give us hope and joy. They also give us the grace to persevere in prayer.

I’ll join you tonight with a prayer for this woman. May the Lord’s grace touch her heart; may the gentle breath of the Holy Spirit give her grace; may she be drawn home to Jesus by the Father. Lord we pray that all bitternes leave her and that your love will fill her…Amen.

Thank you so much! I know that the Lord can create miracles in people’s hearts because I used to be a completely different person before I became a Christian.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.