I think the Roman church might be right

I never thought that i would even think this, as my family believes the Roman church is not of God.

BUT

how can a divided church be from God?

most protestant denominations have gone further than Luther, where do we stop.

I was taught that Mary was just a woman yet even Luther saw her much more than this.

All heresies came from the Bible it was the church who protected the truth by explaining what the scriptures meant.

If the Holy spirit is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow how can we say that for the first 1500 years he was wrong.Because he was either right then ,or changed his mind, or he failed to reveal the truth to christs church.

If anything i have said is wrong and you can explain to me why i shouldn’t become a Roman catholic please!! please!! do tell me.

How can you not be one, after what you just said ?

Welcome home.:thumbsup:

Hi!
The Catholic Home Study Service will supply you with FREE Catholic courses so that you can learn more. You might start with, "We Believe…"
May the peace of Christ be always with you.

I don’t see anything wrong with what you just said.

Welcome Home to the Catholic Church, the Church of Jesus Christ! :blessyou:

[Off Topic] Woe… what happened to my “post count?” It was in the several hundreds and I was a “Senior Member” :frowning: What happened? I haven’t been here in a long time.

With something similar as what you said, many Protestants (especially many “Fundamentalists”) believe in Symbolic baptism which isn’t sacramental and has no regenerative effects. However, if this form of baptism was the only true form, then the gates of Hell would have prevailed against the Church as there would have been no Christians till the Anabaptists arose in Europe in the Protestant Reformation as all Christians in the East & the West were baptized as infants.

“I’m on my way, I’m on my way Rome sweet home”:clapping:

you’re gonna love it dude

Some anti-Catholic Fundamentalists hacked CA forums and they had to roll back the forum a few months. Some members even had to re-register

Welcome Home Damo! :smiley: It’s an incredible journey your on. CM has a great suggestion for ya. And when your ready, there’s RCIA waiting.

It’s a great swim! Worth every stroke. :wink:

Not me, I think you’re on the right track!

John Henry Newman, an Anglican priest who’s pondering of such issues led him to convert to Catholicism in the 19th century, wrote “To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant.” That is true even in the history of Protestantism itself. What most Protestants believe today is very much different than what they believed 500 years ago. The sands of Protestant belief are ever-shifting, for there is no authority to reign in the infinite number of interpretations that clever human minds can make of scripture. As you quite rightly point out, all heresies are supported by (false interpretations of) the bible.

And you are also perceptive to ask what exactly was the Holy Spirit doing for 1500 years? How could the Holy Spirit abandon so many generations of Christians to foul falsehood, if Catholicism (and even to a very great extent Orthodoxy) were not true?

I’d start with Christ’s Mother and Ours, that was the final staw for me to join the Church. Powerful.

Come taste and see.

The Lord is good. :slight_smile:

Read Catholic Answers, EWTN, and other Catholic sources and find a reputable parish and priest (this may be hard, I don’t know how to find help you do this, but there are several sources for how to find a disreputable one).

Welcome to the Catholic family!

Catholic Church, not “Roman Church”.

Unless of course you are reffering to the Roman Rite of the Catholic Church, in which case it is completely acceptable to use the term “Roman Catholic Church”.

The Holy Spirit has shown you the Truth. Thanks be to God! You’ll find lots of good information & links here, and especially on www.catholic.com

I also welcome you. :slight_smile:

Nope, can’t do that, because everything you’ve said is true. Welcome home to Rome. :slight_smile:

You might want to check out some books by Scott Hahn. He was a Protestant minister who was led to the Catholic church through his studies and now teaches theology at a major Catholic university. I’ve only read “The Lamb’s Supper” which explains the book of Revelation with the Mass and vice versa (awesome read) but I’ve heard many enthusiastic reviews of “Rome Sweet Home” and other books that he’s authored.

Damo73, Our brother in Christ:
What you say is right.
A divided church is not from God.
He is not the author of confusion.
Come home, Damo: Come home to the True Church, to the Church to which Jesus promised: “Behold I will be with you all days, even to the end of the age”. :slight_smile:

Catholic Radio! Is good!
Listen in your car, Listen at work via internet, or radio, Listen at home via internet or radio.

Some good Catholic Radio is: EWTN Radio: ewtn.com/radio/index.asp

Ave Maria Radio: wdeo.net/

Relevant Radio: relevantradio.com/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=534&srcid=-2

Also some good personalities to listen to or read from are: Scott Hahn (www.http://www.salvationhistory.com/) and Fr. Corapi (fathercorapi.com/)).

Both Fr. Corapi and Scott Hahn are converts to the Catholic Faith. Their personal stories on how they became Catholic is simply AMAZING!

God Bless!
I’m sure we all will be praying for you!

CRASH!!! CAF was down for several weeks. When it came back up many had lost their “post” count! That is also why many threads are missing… God bless

Now back to topic at hand!

:clapping:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.