I understand people's lives have been changed by praying in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, but what effect does receiving the Eucharist have?

I understand people’s lives have been changed by praying in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, but what effect does receiving the Eucharist have?

I have read about and heard about different people’s lives being changed because of time spent in adoration/praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament.

My question is, what is the effect of receiving the Eucharist in the form of bread any way? What difference is there between receiving Jesus in the Eucharist…and not receiving Him through it. Does the Eucharist affect our souls? What is the significance of the actual intake (eating) of Christ’s Body and Blood verses just praying in His presence?

Well, to give you an analogy, it’s like the difference between spouses saying, “I love you” and actually making love. Saying “I love you” is wonderful, but it’s not a renewal of their marriage covenant. Making love, however, is–because once again they become one flesh.

Similarily, Eucharistic adortion is wonderful, but it is not a renewal of the covenant between God and man. However, receiving Jesus, Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, into our bodies, is a renewal of the covenant. (Remember, Jesus used the word “covenant” only once in the gospels: during the institution of the Eucharist.)

In the Eucharist we are actually united with God; as the bride of Christ, we become one flesh with him. One effect this has is the wiping out of all venial sins. Another effect is an abundance of graces, for how could you be more graced than actually being united with Christ?

You bet, and before you do receive the Lord in the Eucharist, you do make a spiritual communion welcoming Him unto your life. This desire is satisfied in the actual receiving the Body and real Blood of Jesus as He promised us, that He would be with us to the end of time.
The bread your receive is actual flesh of Jesus, and the wine you drink is the blood of Jesus. Isn’t wonderful that Jesus does this for us in the convience of bread and wine.
Jesus is constantly pouring graces into our hearts, but we must keep our hearts open for Him.
You talk to Jeus, walk with Jesus, work with Jesus in your body, your hands can be the hands of Jesus, your words can become the words of Jesus if you allow Him into your heart through Holy Communion.
Okay, you can accomplish most of this through spiritual communion, but, to me, spiritual communion is mostly in my desires, actual communion is in my life.
When all humans are born, the spirit of God lives in every person
loving and leading every one to have the presence of God in their lives. This search for God leads them to faith in a religion, this continusal search for God is finally satified in the Eucharist.
Jesus thought of it Himself, its a good idea, I love it!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.