"I understood that every flower created by Him is beautiful" (Therese of Lisieux)

" I understood that every flower created by Him is beautiful, that the brilliance of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not lessen the perfume of the violet or the sweet simplicity of the daisy. I understood that if all the lowly flowers wished to be roses, nature would no longer be enamelled with lovely hues ."

Therese of Lisieux

So another Flower Thread to adorn our days with Beauty .

In recent days , as I have been on my daily walk in a wood just above my home , I have met some wild garlic growing in the shade of the trees .

They make for a beautiful picture .

24 Likes

Yes! Beautiful! Also outside my window in the fence row…! Snowballs in the spring!
fbsnobl

7 Likes

A flower around this time of the year is the Geranium sylvaticum , popularly called the Mayflower.

7 Likes

Apologies for the unclear photo,narines from today.

7 Likes

Amen…like the little white flower of the beautiful Mexican Heather…

6 Likes

At a time when they would have been very busy garden centres here in England were closed as part of lockdown . Now allowed to reopen it will be interesting to see if people’s gardens in the summer months have changed at all .

3 Likes

In the shade of the trees are now to be found one of the most gentle and lovely of all flowers , the buttercup .

As kids we would hold a buttercup underneath each others chins , and if it showed the yellow of the flower reflected under the chin , which it invariably did , it was a sign you liked butter .

6 Likes

From last Summer :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Today,Broadbeans.

5 Likes

I like broadbeans to eat , but I didn’t know they had such a beautiful flower .

5 Likes

The variety in size and shape and color and dimensions… Awe! God is Great!

3 Likes

Heres my rose bush

And up close rose

6 Likes

The first rose I remember was the Dorothy Perkins . My grandparents had a bush growing in front of their living room window .

6 Likes

Someone dear to me , an Anglican nun, used to say, "Whenever I see a daisy I want to worship."I remember her when I see one!
My own small patch is flower filled, and the marigolds and roses have been a joy this year.

4 Likes

8 Likes

In this unusually hot sunny weather we have just now the daisies flourish .

5 Likes

Night blooming cereus. I had seven blossoms this morning. By noon they had folded up and begun to shrivel away.

6 Likes

I love lavendar. I combined it with white petunias

And herhere is a mix of colorful flowers

7 Likes

I’ve been told that red geraniums are often used to decorate churches at Pentecost .

I don’t know why , but I’ve never been keen on geraniums .

4 Likes

The first day of Flaming June , and , if today’s cloudless sky and hot sunshine is anything to go by , Flaming June looks like living up to its name .

We’ve just had the sunniest spring since records began in 1929 .

And it’s all helped lockdown to be bearable and a neighbour’s peonies to flourish .

4 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.