I want to become a Priest

I was ordained in a Protestant Church… but now that I am Catholic I have a strong desire to become a Priest… It has always been my heart desire and i want to pursue it, i am 32 years old and I feel that I am ready… I dont have money for seminary, but i believe God will make it possible… But where do I start?? What steps do I take?

Talk to the director of vocations for your diocese.

[quote="marty1818, post:2, topic:325788"]
Talk to the director of vocations for your diocese.

[/quote]

Thank you!! I just called and left a message! :blessyou:

In my diocese you dont have to pay for seminary because you devote your life to the Church in full obedience.....

Im sure its the same in your diocese, but I would make sure.

In most diocese I believe, you have to be Catholic for 2 years before entering Seminary...you have to get the "newness" out before really considering the priesthood.

If you were previously an ordained minister in another denomination, it is possible that the 'track' that you would take to becoming ordained as a Catholic priest would be different and/or shorter than that of someone who had never been a minister - be they convert or cradle Catholic.

Depending on your previous denomination, you may also find that the Ordinariate for ex-Anglican priests might be a suitable place to contact.

[quote="Akiliane, post:1, topic:325788"]
I was ordained in a Protestant Church... but now that I am Catholic I have a strong desire to become a Priest... It has always been my heart desire and i want to pursue it, i am 32 years old and I feel that I am ready... I dont have money for seminary, but i believe God will make it possible... But where do I start?? What steps do I take?

[/quote]

Congratulations my friend! Thank you for listening to God. Perhaps he is leading you to ordained ministry. I see you've contacted the vocations office of your diocese. There are also many religious orders that you might consider looking into. Each religious order has a certain charism, or special mission to help the Church.
In most cases, the diocese or religious order will invest in you as a brother or potential priest by sending you to school for free. All you have to do is cooperate as best you can, apply for some scholarships, and keep a good GPA. If you already have a bachelor's degree, your time in school will be cut by about two years (also called pre-theology, in lieu of a full fledged B.Phil).

Here are some religious orders you might could contact as well (see below). I took about a year to figure out that God was calling me to diocesan seminary rather than a religious order. It might take you about that long as well.

Dominicans
Carmelites
Franciscans, Third Order Regular
Franciscans, Conventual
Fransiscans, Friars of the Renewal

There are more here.

[quote="Akiliane, post:1, topic:325788"]
I was ordained in a Protestant Church... but now that I am Catholic I have a strong desire to become a Priest... It has always been my heart desire and i want to pursue it, i am 32 years old and I feel that I am ready... I dont have money for seminary, but i believe God will make it possible... But where do I start?? What steps do I take?

[/quote]

Besides contacting the vocations office of your diocese you would also find helpful the "Coming Home Network":

chnetwork.org/

God bless you in your journey!

I wouldn't worry about the money. Seminaries that I know of, you don't have to pay. But if you do God will provide. Talk to your local priest he should have some good advise for you.
I'll pray for you.

God bless

Priez pour pape Francois

If no one has said it, begin studing scripture and Tradition. Begin talks with the RCIA coordinator in conjunction with the vocations director.

Great! “To Save a Thousand Souls” is a book about that. Just don’t play around with the liturgy, keeping any greeting, notices and clapping for before the sermon. Say it by the rubrics. It’s sad to see frivolity during the sacred liturgy. If clergy and lay people knew what supernaturally happens at The Mass, not just including the transubstantiation, people would approach The Eucharist, if clear of mortal sin, reverently, not leave right after that or talk after Mass, but pray prayers of Thanksgiving, and not add or subtract from the rubrics.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.