I was absolved!

Guys,

I just came back from my 1st Confession!http://forum.catholic.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Only took 30 min. for a whole conversation, not 5 centuries!

You’re right! It felt SOOOOOO GOOD to get everything off my chest! It wasn’t as bad as I thought of. The priest was very helpful and nice!!

Though I burst out crying but hey, it was worth it!
We talked and he encouraged me with stuff and asked me to do an easy penace.

The words, “I absolve you from your sins” felt sooo good and peaceful. Now I’m sooo determined to not sin, even venial sins!

Thank you for your prayers!

Now I actually kinda like Confession!:wink:

Congrates. Makes going into mine (in april) a little easier.

[quote=Paris Blues]Guys,

I just came back from my 1st Confession!http://forum.catholic.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

You’re right! It felt SOOOOOO GOOD to get everything off my chest! It wasn’t as bad as I thought of. The priest was very helpful and nice!!

The words, “I absolve you from your sins” felt sooo good and peaceful. Now I’m sooo determined to not sin, even venial sins!

[/quote]

Congratulations.
By the way I find it easier not to commit mortal sins than venial sins. The venial sins are tough!

Ummmm…told ya so!

Only kidding! Congratulations, I am very happy for you!!! It is an awesome feeling isn’t it? It is such a shame that other denominations don’t have such an awesome practice like this…

Congratulations! That good feeling you experienced was a HUGE blast of grace that God threw at ya like a Roger Clemen’s fastball! Nice catch!!

[quote=BlestOne]Ummmm…told ya so!

Only kidding! Congratulations, I am very happy for you!!! It is an awesome feeling isn’t it? It is such a shame that other denominations don’t have such an awesome practice like this…
[/quote]

Yes, that’s true. Great feeling! Though I can sense the devil is trying to throw garbage at me right now, trying to make me scrupulous again because I’m sure he’s more ticked off then anything because he knew I had be absolved!

But I’m trusting in our Lord!

Toldja so, toldja so, toldja so!

Confession is one of the REALLY great things about being Catholic. Of course, after you’ve been at it a while and you keep coming up with the same things over and over, well . . . the lesson is a different lesson: it’s all about hope and keeping faith despite our own weakness . . .

The day I made my first confession as a Catholic was the day I considered myself truly Catholic.

Oh. The tears? Pure gift from God. Pure gift! Consider yourself blessed.!

[quote=mercygate]Toldja so, toldja so, toldja so!

Confession is one of the REALLY great things about being Catholic. Of course, after you’ve been at it a while and you keep coming up with the same things over and over, well . . . the lesson is a different lesson: it’s all about hope and keeping faith despite our own weakness . . .

The day I made my first confession as a Catholic was the day I considered myself truly Catholic.

Oh. The tears? Pure gift from God. Pure gift! Consider yourself blessed.!
[/quote]

So am I Catholic than? Or Sunday?:stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa, that’s in 2 DAYS!!

Well, I’m sure the tears were a Gift BUT I can be a very emotional person! I’m also very, very sensitive.

[quote=Paris Blues]So am I Catholic than? Or Sunday?:stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa, that’s in 2 DAYS!!

Well, I’m sure the tears were a Gift BUT I can be a very emotional person! I’m also very, very sensitive.
[/quote]

You’ve been Catholic since you committed yourself to the faith. It’s just that Confession is the first sacrament we are entitled to receive **as **Catholics. It was my personal watershed.

And yes: we know you’re a very emotional person!!! (couldn’t resist those exclamation points.) :stuck_out_tongue: back atcha, Girl!

[quote=Paris Blues]Guys,

[/quote]

Awesome isn’t it???

Yes. Tears of repentance are a blessed gift!

Though I didn’t have the Act of Contrition memorized (I should’ve), I told Father that and he just asked me two questions instead. Then he absolved moi.

He let me read from the list I wrote down (too much to remember in my head) and I think a good way to not commit the same sins over and over and over and over again is to put that list on my refrigerator next to the Divine Mercy picture card I got and review them every day and try NOT to commit the sins and do the opposite to avoid commiting them.

What do you guys think?

[quote=Paris Blues]Guys,

[/quote]

You do realize that venial sins are absolved at mass, don’t you? Listen to what you say at mass, there is a confession included. If you’re a real good person, sometimes it is hard to find stuff to say to a priest in confession.

Congratulations on your achievement!

Subrosa

[quote=Paris Blues]Though I didn’t have the Act of Contrition memorized (I should’ve), I told Father that and he just asked me two questions instead. Then he absolved moi.

He let me read from the list I wrote down (too much to remember in my head) and I think a good way to not commit the same sins over and over and over and over again is to put that list on my refrigerator next to the Divine Mercy picture card I got and review them every day and try NOT to commit the sins and do the opposite to avoid commiting them.

What do you guys think?
[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I’ll use it. Do I have your permission?

Subrosa

[quote=Paris Blues]Though I didn’t have the Act of Contrition memorized (I should’ve), I told Father that and he just asked me two questions instead. Then he absolved moi.

What do you guys think?
[/quote]

Terrible idea! Burn that list! Those sins are gone. Even if you struggle with the same sins over and over again, you need to focus on the mercy of Jesus, not your own failings. You are washed in the blood of the Lamb! Enjoy!

[quote=Subrosa]Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I’ll use it. Do I have your permission?

Subrosa
[/quote]

LOL! You don’t need my permission silly! :smiley:

The most important part is to AVOID all sins, especially the ones we’ve committed and confessed to a priest.

You do whatever you want! :slight_smile: Do whatever it takes to avoid sin!

Now we are so happy, we do the dance of joy!

:dancing: . :angel1:

…Welcome home, Paris Blues. Welcome home to Holy Mother Church :slight_smile:

[quote=mercygate]Terrible idea! Burn that list! Those sins are gone. Even if you struggle with the same sins over and over again, you need to focus on the mercy of Jesus, not your own failings. You are washed in the blood of the Lamb! Enjoy!
[/quote]

True! See, I keep forgetting that those are gone!:eek:

I’ll shread the paper in the shreader!!:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Paris Blues]Guys,

[/quote]

Congrats, crying is a good sign, at least it proves you meant it and were sincere in your sorrow.

I think you may cry Sunday as well,don’t worry about it, God
Bless. :gopray2:

[quote=mercygate]Terrible idea! Burn that list! Those sins are gone. Even if you struggle with the same sins over and over again, you need to focus on the mercy of Jesus, not your own failings. You are washed in the blood of the Lamb! Enjoy!
[/quote]

AMEN! burn that list. Those are gone gone gone gone, yes my sins are gone, buried in the sea and in my heart’s a song - buried in the deepest sea, yes that’s good enougth for me, I shall live eternally, Praise God my sins are G-O-N-E gone! (that was a song I learned in Sunday school about a million years ago).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.