I was ran off a Christian web site for talking about the sin of gay marriage

There is a Facebook link called

"what Christian culture likes"

I was seriously threatened even to the point of violence when I stood my
Ground about the sin of homosexual acts.

I did it in a no judgemental way.
Quoting the bible, Christian history and church fathers using links

This groups of so called christains are insane

[quote="Adamski, post:1, topic:324115"]

[/quote]

Facebook Christian groups are a wild and crazy bunch. :D

I was once invited to join a group saying it was for "serious theological discussion"; all I found was bashing of the Catholic Church, and blind defences of Calvinism. When I dared to suggest that Pope Francis and Mother Theresa were good people, they cursed my "hard and unregenerate heart", and I made a hasty exit.

The best thing to do is avoid such groups, it's safer and saner. God have mercy on them all. :)

[quote="Adamski, post:1, topic:324115"]

[/quote]

"Beware of facebook christianity..:manvspc: you may never know what to expect from it."
lol..you made me laugh real hard..just make sure you don't get involved with those people again.

Unfortunately, a lot of Christian groups have conformed their beliefs to fit into society, and they wind up seeing a lot of traditional, valid beliefs as simply outdated and irrelevant. I recently read an article over at UCatholic that gave my heart strength when it comes to these matters. Here's a link for it if you're interested in giving it a read.

ucatholic.com/studies/the-curse-of-broadmindedness/

Facebook Christian is a contradiction in terms.

[quote="PaulfromIowa, post:5, topic:324115"]
Facebook Christian is a contradiction in terms.

[/quote]

Why?

Does this mean Fr. Frank Pavone is NOT Christian?

Shake the dust off your feet and move on.

Oh the speech Nazi's over there are just trying to be 'charitable' to the abominations of others while putting you in the hate speech corner. Darkness hates the light.

When something similar happened to me , it ended up being a blessing because it greatly enhanced my appreciation of Catholic Answers . CA is like home to me now. I don't miss that other site at all.

:thumbsup:

[quote="DaveBj, post:7, topic:324115"]
Shake the dust off your feet and move on.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

I don't even bother getting into discussion the few times I am on Facebook, there's no point to it. Facebook acts and a positive feedback loop for pretty much anything someone writes, so long as it's popular in culture; but if you have a dissenting opinion, notions of tolerance, civility and rational discussion are tossed aside like garbage.

I've never gotten into a discussion with any other "christian" on facebook. But several years ago, when I was really dumb, I got into on with a man (who claimed to be a former Catholic) on the James White website. I was definitely over my head in that one. And I didn't know when to quit and exit gracefully. :( So, for the most part I try to avoid getting into that stuff. I'd rather come here and get into positive discussions with "real" Catholics.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.