I was wrong about the civil war in Syria

About a year or so ago I was arguing in some threads supporting the rebels in Syria. I believed the rebels to be on right against a dictatorial Syrian government.

I was totally wrong.

Carry on:thumbsup:

Thanks for the admission. I was on some of those threads on the opposite side. I was only arguing for Assad because of my Syrian Christian neighbor setting me straight about what was happening.

Sadly, the US media and government spin tried very hard to deceive everyone. The truth is now out.

But we still need people to let their voices be heard. We still are not helping the Christians and others being mass murdered in Iraq and Syria.

Contact your elected officials and demand intervention and asylum to refugees.

I would just urge everyone on CAF to pray. What is happening is evil incarnate. Our country is doing little. Innocents are dying each and every day, unspeakable deaths. We need to turn to God now and pray for an end to this slaughter and evil.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Amen!
mlz

(remember that the evil one tries to decieve which is why we need to be “as wise as serpents but innocent as doves”- evil often comes as an “angel of light” but is only a deception…)

Glad to see that you’ve seen the metaphorical light!

Assad and Russia both warned the West about supporting ISIS and Al-Nusra in Syria, but for the Western oil oligarchs control over the oil in Syria, as well as eliminating Russia’s naval base was deemed too important.

Glad to see you came to your senses. The over-the-top war-mongering on this site has made me lose respect for many long time posters.

I actually like to think that after the “gas attack” the American people all saw through the lies and gave a stern “No” to Obama about helping against Asaad. He almost went in, and then changed his mind. I think there was a heavy sigh of relief afterwards.

However, this ISIS I think we all want destroyed.

This war should be stopped.

You were totally wrong to believe the rebels to be right, as were John McCain, and the Obama administration.
You would not have been totally wrong to wish bad things for the Assad government.
You would not have been totally wrong to understand that there were many good people opposing Assad, with Assad sending back the tortured corpses of their thirteen year old children as a warning to what he would do if opposed.

It is not wrong to oppose Assad on humanitarian grounds. It is wrong to support his overthrow without knowing that the only people who might prevail against them are seven times worse than he will ever be.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.