I who chose you

Continuation

AS WE SEE ABOVE
When God calls and draws an un-regenerated/carnal man into His service/salvation WITHOUT stimulus, merit, or condition and without regard to any future supernatural merits, His calling is backed up with an ABSOLUTE DECREE.

And in consequence of this DECREE, God gives them all the graces necessary for its accomplishment.DE FIDE Dogma. + Infallible teachings of the Trent. + God’s free gift of Justification CCCS (1990-1991). + The Grace of God’s Call CCCS (1996-1998).

At Initial Justification God’s special grace The Gift of Final Perseverance given to EVERY initially Justified which grace INFALLIBLE makes sure every Initially Justified dies in the state of grace.DE FIDE Dogma. + Infallible teachings of the Trent.

AS WE SEE ABOVE NO GOD’S CHILD/ELECT LOSE SALVATION IN CATHOLIC THEOLOGY.
Initial Justification (Recreation/Born Again). + God’s call to Salvation (which is coming TOTALLY from God’s decision). + The Gift of Final Perseverance (Rom.14:4; Phil.1:6; Phil.2:13; De Veritatis 22:9; etc.) given to EVERY Initially Justified. = Everlasting Life for the Glory of God.

RIGHTEOUSNESS AND MERIT by James Akin

Quote: One is saved the moment one is initially justified.

Of course, a Calvinist can say (as a Thomistic Catholic would say) that both cooperations in the giving and the embracing of the eternal call are themselves produced (not just enabled) by God’s grace, and this is perfectly fine.

A Calvinist and a Catholic alike can say that our cooperation is produced (not just enabled) by God’s operation. No problem at all. End quote.
Continue

Continuation

Ez.36:25-28;
25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my Spirit in you and CAUSE YOU [our cooperation is produced (not just enabled) by God’s operation] TO FOLLOW MY DECREES and be careful to keep my laws. – In the brackets added.

28 Then you will live in the land, I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God. End quote.

Did you notice ATraveller?
The nations will live in the RECREATED earth (Acts 3:21; Rom.8:19-21; etc.), NOT IN HEAVEN, even the Bride of Christ will come down from heaven (CCC 677), to rule over the Nations (Dan.7:13-27; etc.).

Phil.2:13; “For it is God who works in you BOTH TO WILL and TO ACT for His good pleasure.”
Aquinas said, “God changes the will without forcing it.
But he can change the will from the fact that He himself operates in the will as He does in nature,” De Veritatis 22:9.

ST. AUGUSTINE ON GRACE AND PREDESTINATION

De gratia Christi 25, 26:
"For not only has God given us our ability and helps it, but He even works [brings about] willing and acting in us; not that we do not will or that we do not act, but that without His help we neither will anything good nor do it."
De gratia et libero arbitrio 16, 32:
"It is certain that we will when we will; but He brings it about that we will good. . . . It is certain that we act when we act, but He brings it about that we act, PROVIDING MOST EFFECTIVE POWERS TO THE WILL."

Continue

Continuation

Similarly, the Council of Orange Canon 25 states, "In every good work, it is not we who begin … but He (God) first inspires us." (#329.2)
CCC 2022; “The divine initiative in the work of grace PRECEDES, PREPARES, and ELICITS the free response of man. …”
In other words, when God commands, He capacities the hearer to respond.
Our cooperation with the grace of God is produced (not just enabled) by God’s operation.

Yet the ability to respond is also His gift.
Matthew 19:26; … “With God ALL things are possible.”

God’s will is to save EVERYONE. My will is that God save everyone.

AS FOLLOWS, GOD’S PATTERN OF UNIVERSAL SALVATION
God promised to Nineveh; He will throw everyone to hell. – Jonah 3:4.

God promised to human race; apart from a few people He will throw everyone to hell. – Matt. 7:13-14.

God saved EVERYONE in Nineveh, according to His Love and Justice and FOR HIS GLORY. – Jonah 4:11.

In the same way; God will save EVERYONE, according to His Love and Justice and FOR HIS GLORY. – Rom.5:18; 1 Cor.15:22; Eph.1:9-10; Col.1:20; etc.

GOD SAVES THE HUMAN RACE AS FOLLOWS

Explaining Justification
The grace of God’s Justification CCCS 1990-1991; Justification is God’s free gift which detaches man from enslavement to sin and reconciles him to God.

Justification is also our acceptance of God’s righteousness. In this gift, faith, hope, charity, and OBEDIENCE TO GOD’S WILL are given to us.

The Grace of God’s Call (1996-1998)
Justification comes from grace (God’s free and undeserved help) and is given to us to respond to his call.

This call to eternal life is supernatural, coming TOTALLY from God’s decision and surpassing ALL power of human intellect and will. End quote.

Continue

Continuation

GOD FORCES NO ONE TO SAVE BECAUSE NO ONE HAS TO FORCE TO BE SAVED
Aquinas said, “God changes the will WITHOUT forcing it.
But he can change the will from the fact that He himself operates in the will as He does in nature,” De Veritatis 22:9.
Phil.2:13; “For it is God who works in you BOTH TO WILL and TO ACT for His good pleasure.”
CCC 2022; “The divine initiative in the work of grace PRECEDES, PREPARES, and ELICITS the free response of man. …”
In other words, when God commands, He capacities the hearer to respond.
Our cooperation with the grace of God is produced (not just enabled) by God’s operation.

Yet the ability to respond is also His gift.

KEY TO UNDERSTAND THE WAY GOD SAVES US

APART FROM THE FOLLOWING THREE (IRRESISTIBLE AND IRREVOCABLE) UNDESERVED GOD’S GIFT OF GRACES NO ONE CAN BE SAVED.
The salvation of the receivers of the following three undeserved graces is an absolute certainty, it is impossible to lose it. – DE FIDE Dogma Predestination of the elect. + Infallible teachings of the Trent.

1. God’s gift the grace of Initial Justification CCCS 1990-1991; which is (among other things) is Recreation (“God doesn’t recreate us to be junk for His Glory”)/Born Again, in this gift, faith, hope, charity, and OBEDIENCE TO GOD’S WILL are given to us.
  2. .God’s gift the grace of Call (1996-1998) which is coming TOTALLY from God’s decision and surpassing ALL power of human intellect and will.
  3. God’s gift the grace of Final Perseverance (Rom.14:4; Phil.1:6; Phil.2:13; De Veritatis 22:9; etc.) which is an INFALLIBLE protection that every receiver die in the state of grace for the GLORY OF GOD. – Irresistible and Irrevocable graces, DE FIDE Dogma. + Infallible teachings of the Trent.

GOD’S LOVE AND JUSTICE DEMANDS TO GIVE THE ABOVE GIFT OF GRACES TO EVERY MEMBER OF THE HELPLESS HUMAN RACE!
Every receiver of the above graces of God IRREVOCABLY saved, those who are without the above graces, it is equal as God eternally created them to hell, because whatever they do they CAN NOT be saved, these theological FACTS unable to be challenged or denied!!!

In the LIGHT OF THE ABOVE THEOLOGICAL FACTS, can anyone surprised that God’s will is to save EVERYONE and He will save EVERYONE.

Of course there are many other reasons as well that God’s will is to save everyone.

God bless you ATraveller and God bless every readers of the CAF.

Latin

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.