I would appreciate prayers

. . . cause I really need them. I used to be so, so passionate about my faith. And I still believe in Christ, I do. But suddenly I don’t care about all of His commandments. I feel like I need a break from being Catholic, and I’m trying to convince myself that it doesn’t matter if I take a step back from the faith a while, I’m trying to be apathetic about it, but deep inside. . . I know I need prayer.

–a 19-year-old girl losing faith–

P.S. I should probably mention my (Catholic) parents’ divorce is literally a few days away from being finalized, I’ve suffered from depression for years that has made it impossible for me to keep a job or stay in school, and I haven’t been receiving communion for the past 2 months. Oh, and I recently went though a break up with a guy who was half Catholic and half not if that makes any sense, who didn’t believe the church’s teachings about contraception, and that was a lot of the reason we broke up–because he didn’t believe them and I did. Now three weeks after the break up I’m dating a guy who considers himself a pagan more than anything else, has had sex with a lot of random women, and wants to take my virginity. And I’m probably going to let him. . . .

. . .

please, please just pray for me.

Lord, please shine a foretaste of divine light into StaroftheSea94’s life, that she might be able to clearly navigate through this fallen, darkened world which so often tries to drive us far from your Sacred Heart. Grant her many graces, that she might have in her heart the virtues of joy, faith, hope, love, and courage. Send her many warrior angels whenever she is in the face of temptation, to stave away every evil and keep her directed toward what is good and holy. Send her entire family much grace also, that some bond of unity in your name persist. In every suffering and joy in her life, draw her, even if mysteriously, ever closer toward the eternal garden of joy, the eternal fountain of relief. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Praying, commending you to the intercession of Our Blessed Mother and all the Saints. Stay strong and commend yourself to Our Mother’s care, and she will guide you.

-ACEGC

Praying for you to have the strength and courage to face the fact that you are a wonderful child of God and that He loves you unconditionally. And for you to have the strength and wisdom to realise that you are worth far more than a man’s momentary moment of selfish lust and a dose of STD and/or Aids.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins my Mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful; O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell, satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.

Amen

:crossrc:

:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

:signofcross::gopray:

Praying for your situation and for you to be more able to resist temptation. God bless you.

Praying…

Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

A lot of saints have even experienced the “Dark Night of the Soul” which sounds similar to what you are experiencing. I think Mother Teresa experienced it for something like 50 years! PLEASE don’t give up! Please don’t give up your virginity! Did you know, I’ve heard that in heaven, you can be given a **CROWN **for preserving your virginity!

From what you have described, he will NOT appreciate it, will probably toss you aside right after he’s gotten what he’s wanted and move on to his next conquest! You would probably CRY!!! However, by your own admission, that’s been his pattern. Why do you believe he will suddenly change now? I believe, if you continue with him, he will break your heart! You also could end up pregnant…with a sexually-transmitted disease, losing your wonderful reputation.

Please, I beg you NOT to give in no matter how tempting it might seem…all the hormones…all the circumstances…that you want to be loved. I can only assure you THAT is NOT love!

Wait for the right man! Please! When he comes, you will be SO glad you didn’t give something so special and precious to someone who would not respect, appreciate it, or you, after the fact. Once you have lost your virginity, you lose that forever.

I hope you will reconsider your relationship and break up with the pagan before he really hurts you. I know it will hurt to break up, but from what you describe, it will be a lot worse if you stay with him one more minute.

Do NOT feel sorry for him. Find someone of your own faith. If he’s not around. WAIT for him. Do NOT compromise your values. Do NOT “settle” for less!

I’ve seen where people leave their faith after their parents divorce. Please don’t let a mistake they make cause you to derail. That is THEIR issue. However, if you sin, then it’s yours. Please, do not sin. I want to see you in heaven one day.

Our Lord has made it abundantly clear how he feels about premarital sex and all the rest. Our Lady has repeatedly told us, as well. Our Lord has been deeply offended, and we all must do our absolute best not to offend him any more.

Please stop seeing that young man. He doesn’t sound like he loves you. I think he’s trying to use you. Do not let him!

Starofthesea94 I agree with the previous poster. I was exactly in the same boat a while ago. I was lukewarm, and really didn’t care about my faith, please don’t throw away your Virginity to a looser who will not care about you after! He sounds like a man who is a slave to his passions and you deserve better. Find a young adult Catholic group if you’re in college does your college have one? Find one Through the local archdiocese. That is how I found a group that saved my life. I’m in college and for the first 2 and a half years my faith was lukewarm, I needed a kick in the pants. Where your parents practicing Catholics? If they were you may want to send them to this website [ www.retrouvaille.org/](“http:// www.retrouvaille.org/”)‎ this might help both you and your family.

Prayer for Inner Healing

Dear Lord Jesus, please come and heal my wounded and troubled heart. I beg you to heal the torments that are causing anxiety in my life. I beg you, in a particular way, to heal the underlying source of my sinfulness. I beg you to come into my life and heal the psychological harms that struck me in my childhood and from the injuries they have caused throughout my life.

Lord Jesus, you know my burdens. I lay them on your Good Shepherd’s Heart. I beseech you—by the merits of the great open wound in your heart—to heal the small wounds that are in mine. Heal my memories, so that nothing that has happened to me will cause me to remain in pain and anguish, filled with anxiety.

Heal, O Lord, all those wounds that have been the cause of evil that is rooted in my life. I want to forgive all those who have offended me. Look to those inner sores that make me unable to forgive. You who came to forgive the afflicted of heart, please, heal my wounded and troubled heart.

Heal, O Lord Jesus, all those intimate wounds that are the root cause of my physical illness. I offer you my heart. Accept it, Lord, purify it and give me the sentiments of your Divine Heart.
Heal me, O Lord, from the pain caused by the death of my loved ones. Grant me to regain peace and joy in the knowledge that you are the Resurrection and the Life. Make me an authentic witness to your resurrection, your victory over sin and death, and your loving presence among all men. Amen.

I am praying for you and your situation, that you do not fall into a trap with the pagan guy, that your depression is lifted, and that you renew your faith.:signofcross::gopray2:

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen

O Lord, I pray for the grace and the strength to remain faithful to Your teachings and to the sacramental life of the Church. Help me to persevere in the commitments and promises I have made to You. Give me the fortitude to live up to the vocation I received in my baptism, to the duties derived from my confirmation in the Spirit, and to the graces received in the other sacraments.

Help me to place love of God and service to Him before all else and help me to bring selfless love to my brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
and the Glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui Iesus.
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.